1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is MSN a joke?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by palespyder, Dec 11, 2005.

1. palespyder

palespyder Psycho Ninja

Best Answers:
    I stuffed a Keyword once.....

palespyder, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  2. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, I know, its painful isn't it? I was limping for a fortnight last time I did that.

The animal rights people weren't to happy either, come to mention it... :D

Dio, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  3. jkomp

jkomp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's fast, doesn't discriminate and delivers quality results imo - if it is a joke, Mr Gates has the last laugh and I have simply missed the punchline.

jkomp, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  4. palespyder

palespyder Psycho Ninja

Best Answers:
    I seem to remember it smelling of Elderberries but I could be wrong.. :eek:

palespyder, Dec 12, 2005 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  5. remington`

remington` Guest

Best Answers:
    i got indexed my msn extremely fast (2 days), yahoo took about 2 weeks and im still waiting on google :)

remington`, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  6. Ernster

Ernster Peon

Best Answers:
    Im starting to like MSN search better than Google, it seems to produce more relevant results. However Im so use to using Google I cant help myself.

Ernster, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  7. DomainLoot

DomainLoot Guest

Best Answers:
    you can do it - just concentrate. :)

i wonder what will happen when the general public starts to believe what you and many others believe regarding relevancy... should be interesting.

i already know some college business instructors who have given up on BIG G.

sometimes companies spend so much time focusing on this issue "over here," they forget WHY they got into business in the first place... and then someone comes up and bites them in the arse.

like i've said before, the only problem with being NUMBER 1 is... there's only one direction to go.

if you've built a reputation on being the best at "X" and consumers begin to question whether you're the best at "X" anymore - uhhhh oh.

it's a fickle marketplace... company & product life cycles are getting shorter and shorter ALL the time for a variety of business & economic reasons including LOSING FOCUS on what you do/did best.

not quite 2 cents worth... but i feel better. ;)

DomainLoot, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  8. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But lately Yahoo has slowed down. :eek:

Web Gazelle, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  9. wibr

wibr Peon

Best Answers:
    That's exactly how I'm feeling about Google lately too. I spend a lot of time at work doing research online, yes serious research, not just goofing off.

Ok, goofing off too...

But the point is Google for the last few months doesn't seem to be giving me the great results they used to give. I keep getting sites that are barely relevant to what I'm looking for. They're not "spammy" sites or anything like that, but just odd listings that seem to have no bearing on my search terms.

MSN is actually giving me some pretty good sites. Now Google is still great, but the fact that MSN shows me sites that Google never lists (new sites) is kinda nice.

wibr, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  10. TheBrokenOne

TheBrokenOne Peon

Best Answers:
    Msn indexes harder, faster & deeper than the other 2, the cheetah of the search engines. Google is about a 3rd slower than msn but probably the most consistent of the lot over the long haul, a dependable creature....bit like a dog. Yahoo on the other hand is the 3-toed sloth of the search engines, slow & dopey....the most comical of the 3 creatures, so to answer your question yahoo would be the joke, not msn.

TheBrokenOne, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  11. solaris125

solaris125 Guest

Best Answers:
    don't worry pimp, the faster you rise the faster you fall....enjoy while it lasts

solaris125, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  12. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo certainly is a joke .
    MSN gives all my pages indexed , It barely takes time for reindexing .
    google almost all . Visits every 1-3 days .
    Yahoo 23 . I don't know when last indexed .
    You are right , "comical".

Regards
    jeet

JEET, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  13. Jesse Abram

Jesse Abram Peon

Best Answers:
    I would also like to share my MSN success story, indexed within my site's first week (google did too)

Jesse Abram, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  14. execute

execute Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL thebrokenone that was a nice description.
    Also good point everyone. However there are some major problems:
    MSN may give more sites, but less relevant. Even though google is slacking.
    MSN is a spammer, msnbot spams my database of tracking, indexing same pages over and over and with PHPSESSIDs too wtf!

MSN indexed faster. Yahoo is usless. I am tracking everything and am getting 90% hits from google, and am going up high in the keyword ranking. I'm on first page on a lot of google pages. Also MSN pages too, but only 10% of people come from MSN.

Yahoo... wtf i use to love yahoo, (before i became a web developer), and now it sucks, and i dont get any hits from yahoo, and it only indexed me like 3 times over 1000s that msn and google has.

But the fact remains. MSN sucks, its not a joke but, it still is slow when searching, it supports IE and its ugly and google is just way better. MSN has a lot of catching up to do. The only good thing its ever done is MSN messanger...
    While google has made over 50 services, MSN has been sleeping and couldn't even clean up its act and website. I still see errors when i use firefox on msn.
    Yeah google has one way to go now, but not for a decade ;P.

execute, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  15. hyipfarm

hyipfarm Peon

Best Answers:
    MSN is the fastest when it comes to indexing but the traffic from MSN isnt a lot. Google is still the best when it comes to traffic.

hyipfarm, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  16. execute

execute Peon

Best Answers:
    exactly. Plus its indexing is bad or bugged or something, it always sees my PHPSESSID even though i have it disabled in my htaccess and my PHP code. (i have no access to php.ini).
    And also it indexes same stuff a lot, and seems to spam my logs. Google will stay top for a long time, until bill gates gets mad again and spazzes out on google, then google better have some cover! :O

execute, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  17. Peter_Rosado

Peter_Rosado Active Member

Best Answers:
    Let's see, I rank #10 (soon to be #1, hehe) for a 5 letter word that was searched 2,560,000 on google last year (Now I would think it has doubled) but MSN doesn't give that kind of traffic. :(

Peter_Rosado, Dec 14, 2005 IP
  18. sufyaaan

sufyaaan Banned

Best Answers:
    Traffic from MSN depends on factors such as your target market etc. There are some areas where MSN can give your a massive traffic if you are in top listings, but there are others where you will receive significantly low traffic no matter you are ranking at #1 on a very competitive keyword.

sufyaaan, Dec 14, 2005 IP
  19. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    MSN loves me too, but only sends me 20-30 visitors, even though I'm on the first page.. so I don't like MSN ;)

DomainMagnate, Dec 14, 2005 IP
  20. palespyder

palespyder Psycho Ninja

Best Answers:
    This coming from someone with a whopping 77 posts and red rep, huh forgive me if I don't take your comment to heart. Don't hate the player, hate the game....

palespyder, Dec 14, 2005 IP