1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get one-way link to your website (free)

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by big-bad-burrow, Dec 9, 2005.

Hi everyone,

I thought you might be interested in a new site I've just launched called ContentRelay (www.contentrelay.com). As the name might suggest, it enables webmasters to provide written content to other webmasters for the purpose of link building.

So basically you can contact another member and offer them content to publish on their website. The idea is you include a link in your content so you get a one-way, good quality backlink using your chosen anchor text. The webmaster who publishes the content/article gets more quality content to add to their site and you also get a good quality link, a fair exchange I'd say - everyone's a winner!

This is similar to distributing articles, but because you contact individual webmasters you have control over who publishes your content/article and you can also change the content for each exchange, so that you avoid the duplicate content pitfall that you might get from article submissions - ensuring you get full potential from the links.

The focus for this site is on quality exchanges, not quantity. With rumour going around that Google are clamping down on reciprocal linking from link pages/farms/directories then this is an ideal solution. A one-way link generated using a content exchange might be worth 10 or 15 reciprocal links from link pages, so time spent on a content exchange is well worth it.

The webmaster who receives the content request has the final say on whether to accept the exchange, so this encourages the submitter to write something useful to ensure their content is accepted.

Anyways, the site is totally free (and always will be) so feel free to signup and check it out. Oh, and tell all your friends too!

If you've got any feedback I'd love to hear it

www.contentrelay.com

BBB

P.S. Sorry that this is my first post and it's plugging my own website, but hey, it's a free service so I can't be any fairer than that :D

big-bad-burrow, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  2. Dakait

Dakait Banned

Best Answers:
    Welcome !!:)

Good Concept.

I'll go for it. :)

Dakait, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  3. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Few tips:
    * Submit your site to free directories. There are thousands and thousands of free directories.
    * Exhange links with websites which are related to the content of your website.
    * Submnit your site to www.dmoz.com . If accepted it will pave the way to be included in google directory.
    * Write articles and subit it to directories, etc.

Welcome to the forum and good luck here :D

maldives, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  4. big-bad-burrow

big-bad-burrow Guest

Best Answers:
    Wow, 2 posts and I didn't get flamed for my antics, thats a good start :D

Thanks for the tips maldives. I'm all over the web at the moment promoting it, my fingers are getting sore lol. I've submitted to dmoz, now it's time to put my feet up and wait for 18months.

BBB

5. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why for 18 months? They may accept you in just a week or it may take few weeks or few months sometimes. All depends on how busy the catogory is and how efficient the editor is ;)

maldives, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  6. candysmith

candysmith trying not to be evil

Best Answers:
    Hi Big-bad
    LOVE the av!

I think its a great idea and I'm definately going to sign up.

Welcome to DP.

candysmith, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  7. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey, big-bad, thanks - signed up. Don't know if the confirmation e-mail is instant (nothing yet in inbox or bulk mail). Accidentally submitted twice - please ignore the first submission (a1-outdoors.com), with incomplete url...

Many thanks!

northpointaiki, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  8. big-bad-burrow

big-bad-burrow Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey everyone, thanks for the positive repsonse and the welcome messages.

Northpointaiki, im not sure why your email hasn't come through. It should be instant, but sometimes it takes a few minutes. If you still havent got it then just send an email to and i'll activate your membership

BBB

9. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    BBB - just sent you an e-mail, as nothing came through.

Thanks again!

Paul

northpointaiki, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  10. Jackson_Hu

Jackson_Hu Peon

Best Answers:
    I use http://www.submissiontracker.net to submit my site and track for the result .This site has some good function for example you can add more directory into this site for tracking and the same time the data base of this site will update then .
    So more people use this web site more directory information available for the coming users.

Jackson_Hu, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  11. Voasi

Voasi Active Member

Best Answers:
    BBB,

Does your site only give one article to one webmaster?

I think that would be the best way to go, providing unique articles for webmasters and then removing the article once a webmaster has picked it up. If you're giving off multiple pages of the same content to various webmasters, what's the incentive to put "duplicant" content on their site? Then you've basically turned your site into another article submission sites, which has been done many times over.

If you give unique articles for webmasters, I would think the incentive to put the articles on their site would increase tremendously and I could see you getting lots more sign-ups because of the increase of webmasters wanting MORE articles.

Voasi, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  12. big-bad-burrow

big-bad-burrow Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi Voasi,

Yes, you setup the content exchange with only 1 webmaster. This avoids the duplicate content pitfall that you might get from article submissions, ensuring you get full power for your link.

What we're working on at the moment is creating a 'similarity checker' so that when you receive a piece of content you can check it against all other exchanges to ensure it's unique, and you can be sure you're not putting duplicated content on your site.

13. Voasi

Voasi Active Member

Best Answers:
    So, running the content through something like www.Copyscape.com . Nice, I like that. I'm glad finally someone has put something like this together (as I was going to). I'm suprised you didn't make this a paid membership site for the content contributors.

I think the biggest goal is letting everyone know about your free service. Good stuff BBB!

Voasi, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  14. ElectronDon

ElectronDon Peon

Best Answers:
    Another method of establishing backlinks would be to join the Digital Point Co-op network.

ElectronDon, Dec 9, 2005 IP
    profs77 likes this.
  15. big-bad-burrow

big-bad-burrow Guest

Best Answers:
    Well Voasi, they say great minds think alike :D But yes basically we'll create something like copyscape to vet the submitted content.

ElectronDon, yep co-op is good, but with contentrelay you can put your link in a body of text of text, so from a search engine's perspective the link will look entirely natural.

BBB

big-bad-burrow, Dec 10, 2005 IP
  16. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    hey bbb,
    congrats on your site. Great service!
    Frank

LaCabra, Dec 10, 2005 IP
  17. jhonson

jhonson Peon

Best Answers:
    yes it is very useful

Jhonson

jhonson, Dec 11, 2005 IP
    profs77 likes this.
  18. profs77

profs77 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm trying to understand, is a one way link like one of those javascript things that prevents you from using the back button? I hate those things.:mad:

profs77, Dec 12, 2005 IP
    adamjthompson likes this.
  19. adamjthompson

adamjthompson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No. A way way link just means that site XYZ links to you, but you don't link back to them. If you linked back to site XYZ, then it would be a reciprocal link.

adamjthompson, Dec 12, 2005 IP
    profs77 likes this.