1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to get indexed ?

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by danger9918, Oct 22, 2007.

im looking to be indexed in the popular search engines.
    can anyone help ?? i heard it takes weeks to get indexed :confused:

danger9918, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  2. NevDull

NevDull Peon

Best Answers:
    The quickest way to get indexed is to get links from heavily spidered pages and not do anything stupid, like duplicating another site's content.

NevDull, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  3. Ejudicator

Ejudicator Member

Best Answers:
    Nevdull is absolutely correct, but I will add to it. While quality inbound links are Queen and will get you indexed, content is still King. You must have quality content to place well in SE rankings. So while you may be indexed after following some advice the question really is, will you be found?

Do you know for sure you haven't been indexed already? If not, I just finished writing an article about checking index stats and I will add it below for all to read.

Step 1 - Create A Sitemap Of Your Site. Submitting a sitemap is fairly important not only for SE "placement" but for your own information. If you don't already have one set-up or don't know what it is you can find a fairly user friendly one by typing in keywords "Free Sitemap Generator" into the Google SE, that's how I came across it. It is also free and only generates an XML version but Google's search engine traffic is the majority and that's the standard they use. (From what I understand the others are soon to be migrating to this as well, and they already understand the coding either way.)

Step 2 - Upload Your Sitemap. After generating your new sitemap, you upload it to your main url directory. (In the case of subdomains, the subs main url directory)

Step 3 - Submitting Your Sitemap. Once completed type in keyword "Google Sitemaps". This will take you to Google Webmaster Sitemaps site, register for free, it will ask you to verify that you are the Webmaster of the site with two options, and then goto the Dashboard. Choose "General Website Sitemap" and then tell Google where your sitemap is located, the default is correct if you followed the above.

Step 4 - Check Your Rank. In most cases if your site has been around a while it will already tell you when the homepage was last accessed by the Googlebot. Eventually you will have access to various information like top search queries, web positioning, inbound links, errors found, etc. All this information is also free, and can give you a better general understanding of your site and what to improve upon.

This will tell you whether or not you have been indexed already and answer the above question I had. If you haven't, my recommendation is wide Article Submission. There are a few free Article directorys out there that have great Alexa rankings and will help in you getting spidered. Write a press release type article providing details about your site, why it started, what it's purpose is, what you want to achieve overall from it's existence, and if you offer a product or service, detail that. While writing your "article" use the keywords that you have used in your meta tags for people to find your site on the SEs.

Hope this helps.

Ejudicator, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  4. eddie

eddie snowrider

Best Answers:
    Put a link to your site in your signature and you will be index in a few days

eddie, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  5. Professional Dude

Professional Dude Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Link Exchange with High pr sites and you will get indexed quickly.. means more sites linking to you, the faster you will get indexed!

Professional Dude, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  6. zrohder

zrohder Banned

Best Answers:
    how long does it take though? what if i was link in a pr6 sites.. then how long would it take to be indexed??

zrohder, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  7. Pal

Pal Active Member

Best Answers:
    someone told me that I can index my site in 15 minute !!!
    I told him you are lying, you can't do that! but I saw he could index his site in 15 minute as he promised!!
    I don't know what he did and never told me!

Pal, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  8. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Post a free small biz ad (or whatever applies) on craigslist.org and place a link in it to your page. Make your post relevant and good so it is not deleted. The major search engine spiders will visit your site shortly afterwards...

snowbird, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  9. GzThai

GzThai Peon

Best Answers:
    Put a link to your site in your signature and Submit directory will be index in a few days

GzThai, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  10. Betias

Betias Peon

Best Answers:
    I have indexed websites in a matter of hours. As I read the replies they seem to sum up to two things: buy links or post on forums.

While I do agree that they will work, they wont get there alone. Your website must be able to communicate with spiders or bots. A complete meta tag setup will do the trick.

Make sure that you include
    Title - sell a summary of your content
    Description - grab a paragraph from your index or a content page that describes your business
    Keywords - five to 10 words that would help searches find your product/service
    Robot tags - tell the spiders to follow your index page and when they should comeback

This will ensure that your website get index even if you bought only one link on a pr 0 website. Just make sure that the website is being indexed by Google and MSN regularly.

Betias, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  11. Webdrops

Webdrops Peon

Best Answers:
    content is the king... have a nice blog for your site and start talking about the latest buzz word in your niche... then bookmark your blog entry in some of the social media sites like digg,delecious... I am sure your site will get indexed... and yes keep posting your sites to various directories and keep commenting on blogs (leaving your link) .... and as Betias said take care of the title,description,keywords...

Good Luck!!

Webdrops, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  12. Benahue

Benahue Active Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed. And this example is good because it clears up the common misconception about no follow tags. Craig's List has nofollow tags. Yet, as you point out, if you just put your link there, google will see it and index it. Nofollow tags do not make your link invisible; it just means the link doesn't bleed PR.

Benahue, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  13. Benahue

Benahue Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure about 15 min., but if you put a link on a bookmarking site like Redditt, that Redditt page will be indexed in less than half an hour (I seen it with my own eyes). That means your site URL probably isn't far behind. This example only applies to Redditt and some others. I have not noticed this with other major bookmarking sites like delicious.

This has no bearing on the speed with which your site gets indexed as meta description tags are read only by humans in the SERPS. Robots do not read these.

Benahue, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  14. the_shadowfax_rider

the_shadowfax_rider Peon

Best Answers:
    I am really new to all this and also interested in getting my blog indexed. However I would like to ask all of you whether the aforesaid procedures valid for blogs too? I mean, what if someone has a blog and wants to get it indexed asap. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    regards.

the_shadowfax_rider, Oct 24, 2007 IP
    lekhi123 likes this.
  15. mit

mit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    just place your link at the web page which is already indexed by Google and is in regular indexing.

mit, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  16. webrepair

webrepair Peon

Best Answers:
    Get a link from a page which is in the google index and which gets indexed reasonably often.

webrepair, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  17. pedring

pedring Banned

Best Answers:
    Build more quality links and regular update of content will help.

pedring, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  18. Betias

Betias Peon

Best Answers:
    I have debated this with many SEO gurus, and remain unconvinced that the theory is correct.

If it not read by the spiders why is it shown in the indexed information?

While I agree that this is written for humans, I still maintain that it is read by spiders and robots.

Betias, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  19. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I use my signature link for indexing and site get indexed in less than 24 hours.

getjimmy, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  20. Benahue

Benahue Active Member

Best Answers:
    That would mean that Matt Cutts and the search companies themselves are lying, which I suppose is possible, in the same way that they may be lying about the actual impact of no-follow.

Benahue, Oct 24, 2007 IP