1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A Little Logic To Clear The Air

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by YMC, Oct 23, 2007.

Let me start by saying that I am a moderator on the phpLynx forums. While I have supported the script and Kevin publicly, I have not come on as strongly as The_Phoenix and some of the others in my support and believe I have added value to this forum without adding to the slugfests.

I have remained in the background during much of this on-going war between the phpLynx staff and many of the rest of you. I have at times attempted to act as a voice of reason and use a bit of logic and thoughtful posts to tone down some of the more vitriolic rhetoric.

I have not communicated with Kevin since mid-September due to his illness and am greatly saddened by the comments and accusations made by many of you over the past few days. At a time when we should be circling the wagons and working together to protect our industry, the only outrage seems to be continually directed towards one script and it's owner - not the people who put all of us so squarely in Google's cross hairs.

Now that it is public knowledge that Kevin has been once again fighting for his life in a UK hospital; I thought that I would add a bit of logic and proof as to this is The_Phoenix Kevin or not nonsense.

Kevin had asked his wife to inform the moderators and administrators of phpLynx of his recent illness and subsequent medical evacuation back to the UK. We were all asked to not make it public knowledge and we all respected Kevin and his wife's request.

The first notice to the moderators went out on Sept 17. The message was from Kevin's wife apologizing that Kevin would not be able to access the Internet and to tell us he was again in the hospital. Kevin's wife had up to that point never been actively involved in the forums.

While Kev was unable both physically and logistically to access the Internet, The_Phoenix was here on a daily basis making posts.

Throughout the time that Kevin was being med-evac'ed, operated on, and recovering; The_Phoenix was here on a daily basis. Go look at his account history and see for yourselves. Also look at those posts, I defy you to see any kind of marked difference in the language or tone that would come if someone were posting in his name.

So, the IPs matched. Gee, uhm, The_Phoenix works for Kevin. Wouldn't it make sense that they might be using the same equipment to access the Internet? :rolleyes:

Gotta say that if The_Phoenix and Kevin are the same person - this has gotta be the biggest and most elaborate scam ever devised - damn, they could make a movie out of the sheer audacity of it. All that effort to promote a directory script? Gotta say too much effort for such a little payoff. Again, use a little logic here folks.

Can The_Phoenix be loud and abrasive? Sure. Does there seem to be a concerted effort to silence those folks who support the phpLynx script? IMO, there most certainly has.

I've seen where many active and helpful folks have not been around the forums lately, what I didn't realize is how many of them have been banned. Just go through some of the "proof" offered in another thread about this ridiculous accusation and see all of the folks with large post counts that have been banned. Remember !ASK! - he's just one of them.

Are Kevin/Cantufind and The_Phoenix the same person? Get a grip people - your level of hate is astounding.

I wish everyone here good luck with their projects as I strongly suspect that I won't be here much longer either.

YMC, Oct 23, 2007 IP
    enQuira likes this.
  2. SasaVtec

SasaVtec Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have no idea what your talking about, I don't know who Kevin is and I can tell you I didn't like Phoenix seemed to butt in every thread lately and ruin it. I was in the hospital fighting for my life 2 times in the last 12 months last time about 2 months ago, I wasn't allowed an laptop into my ICU room, but was allowed one after I was moved into a private room, I wasn't able to post as much as every pill I was given would put me to sleep. Now if this thing with Kevin is true and his fighting for his life, I send him my best wishes, but if it's true then there is no way he can get on every day and post like phoenix, assuming that UK hospital rules are close/same as US.

Now just because the Phoenix worked for him doesn't mean that they might be using the same equipment, as phoenix in a thread yesterday wasn't able to answer all the questions Malcolm asked him regarding kevin.

SasaVtec, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  3. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know what questions you would be referring to as the attack post was written by someone else.

Malcolm's questions regarding Kevin's health were perhaps left unanswered as The_Phoenix was trying to continue to maintain Kevin's original request for privacy during this latest round of his illness. He was also banned in the middle of that conversation which would make it a tad difficult to answer anyone's questions.

The so-called proof offered is also based on innuendos and using a common vocabulary. People who work together and talk to each other do tend to develop a common vocabulary for various situations. We've done it here - QBC comes quickly to mind.

Whether people are willing to accept it or not, anyone around here expressing a different opinion from the majority has been called trolls (oh, gee, another bit of common vocabulary there) and accused of ruining threads. Many of them have been banned from the forums or have left out of sheer frustration.

Differing opinions will help all of us build better websites; agreeing with people's ideas simply because of who stated those ideas is a waste of time for everyone.

It's too bad all the players could not calmly discuss this, but many of them have been banned from the forum and/or are too ill to take the time for this nonsense.

The irony is that many of the times The_Phoenix was accused of starting the attacks and even following Anon around; it was Anon who posted second. I often find Anon's abrasive and churlish posts offensive but there are times when he has something positive and informative to say. There are numerous times where I believe The_Phoenix should not have said what was said, but again there are many times when his opinions and ideas made sense. Both added value to the forum despite their intense negativity.

Not everyone is lady sunshine and willing to go along to get along. I had thought the purpose of a forum was to exchange ideas and learn from each other; not to attack anyone with a differing opinion until they leave or are banned.

If we ban everyone here who has ever posted something that pissed someone else off, this would be a very lonely place indeed.

YMC, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  4. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks for the clarification. Lets hope all phplynx staff are well and happy soon.

Can you confirm why exactly the pheonix was banned?

mikey1090, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  5. werewe12

werewe12 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think he was banned due to multiple accounts.

werewe12, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  6. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know why The_Phoenix was banned. I can only guess it was due to the false accusation of being Kevin and having duplicate accounts. The DP staff would have to answer that one.

YMC, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  7. SasaVtec

SasaVtec Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's a question they won't answer, and I don't know why you would guess it was due to the false accusations since I didn't see any mods/admins here say that.

I have a little brother who is into web dev. as well, who has always wanted to join this forum, but I haven't allowed him because I would prolly be banned for 2 accounts under same IP.

SasaVtec, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  8. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It would seem the most logical reason as the ban came quickly on the heels of the accusations. I have not been privy to the communications between DP and The_Phoenix, but Werewolf seems to be of the same opinion as the timing would appear to support that. Also, The_Phoenix has mentioned on another forum that the duplicate account accusation was the reason for the ban.

YMC, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  9. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    what other forum may that be ?? your phplynx forum ??

yeah you stayed at the background what happens now ... ONE Gone and the OTHER One to come.

Kevin is sick and he asked not to be revealed ... yet u dont even respect his wishes and told his whole life story in public ?? What type of employee are you ..

If you break his trust ... why should we trust you and YOUR Logic ??

Time to stick together and fight together .... damn i remember of a time where there were clashes of phpLynx (The innovation) accusing all the other scripts to be a peice of trash ...

dude this is just another pointless post here ... in defend of why The_Pheonix shouldn't be banned ...

post it in the general section or something not the directories section.

smub, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  10. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    YMC ... great post! You're out of the closet now ... you are going to get banned for duplicate account! ;) Well as long as they don't call you Kev or Gary or Phoenix or LaCabra or any of the other PHPlynxers here.

I've been around these forums for a while and have to say that the animosity between members is at all time high. Back in the day we could actually discuss views without getting into a slugfest which unfortunately is not the case for the most part now. I have personally resorted not to contribute anymore because people always find a way to hijack the thread, call you a liar or simply not acknowledge what information you are sharing.

For those of you who don't know, I am also part of the PHPLynx team. I was talking to Kevin today and he was not doing well. He was actually quite disappointed at what has transpired in terms of accusations and mud-slinging at DP but he is a strong person and will deal with it. Personally there a few people ( you know who you are) that should be making some apologies, some have already done so but there are few of you that should show some BALLS and admit your mistakes.

Interesting enough Kev went to login today to read and comment on some of the posts and he is also now banned for "duplicate account" - hehehe thats all we can do is chuckle!

:)

LaCabra, Oct 23, 2007 IP
    GRIM likes this.
  11. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm so glad Smub you just continue to show what type of person you truly are.

The value of this forum will continue to decline as long as people who disagree with you and the others are banned. Yes, I have come forward and have given away nothing regarding Kevin's illness other than the date we were first told about it. I doubt at this point the date matters much to Kevin as much has already been revealed, with Kevin's permission by The_Phoenix.

It's one thing if The_Phoenix were banned because of personal attacks, bad language or something that he actually did, but to ban based on a false accusation only shows how much this forum clearly plays favorites.

This conversation does belong here as it only pertains to directory owners and all of the previous conversations and accusations have taken place here. You and others can continue to make unfounded accusations against those of us who have chosen to work with Kevin but for anyone who is paying attention it is you who have made the pointless post here.

If it had been anyone else who had been treated as The_Phoenix has I would have made a similar post anyway. It has become so tiresome to see people's character continually attacked when it is so easily proven the accusations are false.

Honor and integrity appear to no longer be a part of this forum. Professionalism? Yeah sure, if you say so.

YMC, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  12. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Gee, Smub, how clever of you to move the post to somewhere that no one involved in this issue will see it. Hmm, where have I seen that move before?

Gotta say that just furthers the level of credibility you and others have around here. Why not lock it too and truly show your level of hypocrisy?

Guess you would rather continue to be part of the problem than a solution.

If anyone is reading this who is not a regular in the directories area, this is the thread that led to what I'm talking about: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=524002

YMC, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  13. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Smubby baby ... you are so far off form reality its not funny. What YMC presented is not "logic" or "theory" ... its the TRUTH. She is not breaking Kevin's trust as much of the information has been made public by others after Kevin's consent. It is definitely not a pointless thread, YMC is telling it how it is, but your stubbornness is not letting you see the trees from the forest.

LaCabra, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  14. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Please let Kev know that I wish him good health and fast recovery.

As for the 'group' as i have said they are like "Richard" = (nickname :D) a long line of people nodding their heads to each other. :D:eek:

popotalk, Oct 23, 2007 IP
    GRIM and LaCabra like this.
  15. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Yeah popo we'll let him know! Thanks for your wishes!

LaCabra, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  16. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good post popo...

this thread is a perfect example ...

One idiot YMC says something .. and the other one comes and nods his head yes yes you are right ... YMC comes bak and say ofcourse i am right... and lacabra repeats himself yes yes u r the greatest..

YMC you dont even know me ... so i would rather not judge.

I dont know what you are trying to point by linking to that thread.

@LaCabra ... please define truth since you are the dictionary that defines everything...

what you see is completely your opinion ... and what i see is my opinion ...

smub, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  17. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    @smub .. I don't need to justify anything to you! You best be on your way!

LaCabra, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  18. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My dear Smub, you are correct when you say that I don't know who you are. You are however, incorrect in that I know what you are...

You are one of the children who has taken their considerable computing and Internet skills and have used them to make money and I congratulate you on your efforts. Unfortunately, you are also one of the children who still needs to lean about dealing with adults and having respect for other people and their ideas.

Like most children, you quickly resort to name calling when you realize that you are wrong. Again, better verbal skills will come as you grow and hopefully learn how to accept when you've made a mistake. You call me an idiot for simply pointing out some easily verifiable facts that contradict what you and your friends have previously said in your attempts to attack the character of a former member of this forum.

How much more impressive it would have been for you and your little friends to have simply said, "Oh sorry, we made a mistake." I guess that too is something that you haven't learned yet.

I included the link to the directories forum because the moderators in the directory area, for some reason, listened to your childish rantings that my post was not relevant to members of the DP Directory community. They moved it to the General Conversation where anyone not involved in the Directories section would have no clue what I was talking about. I included the link to identify what was going on and allow people to make their own conclusions. (Guess you don't like it much when people have information and can make informed decisions about what has transpired and you and your friends wish to ignore.)

It would be funny if it wasn't so serious. You and your friends continue to attack people and their character without facts. You further prove your obvious need to learn a lot more about people when you misunderstood who popo was referring to in his post. He was referring to people like you and the others who continually think the DP and the directories forums are your private playground.

Speaking of playgrounds, aren't you late for recess or something?

YMC, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  19. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lol i am not late to the recess .. i just arrived because now i am in the general chat section :)

secondly, the only way you will get respect from me ... when you stop thinking that i am a kid and accept me as one at your level. Many of you yes i am going to discriminate against specifically phplynx people referred me as kid and never respected me.

I remember the old saying was Give respect to get Some Back...

I remember if i agree with you than i am a wise person whereas disagreeing with your logic or as LaCabra says the truth makes me a kid.

That will be your worst mistake when you underestimate someone's abilities. Which in this case i see you do very well :) Sad to see that i am this young and have problems whereas you are so experienced and at an old age still full of problems...

And i am done with this thread now as if all the years of life haven't fixed you than i highly doubt that i can :) (Maybe you should learn to respect other people's view.. or as they say practice what you preach) because if you did that than you wouldn't really care what i say as it would just be another opinion :)

smub, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  20. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why are you continuing to perpetuate a lie? People claimed that The_Phoenix was actually Kevin and had him banned from DP for duplicate accounts. My post simply pointed out that while Kevin was incapable of participating on this or any other forum The_Phoenix continued to post; thereby making those claims false. No opinions involved, simply fact.

It is a shame that you haven't come to realize why people know how old you are. For the most part age is irrelevant when it comes to forum participation. It is when young people, such as yourself, continually resort to name calling and fail to behave in a civilized fashion that your age becomes apparent to everyone.

There are some young people that I've met in various forums (beyond here and the phpLynx forums) that have a made a great deal of positive contributions to those forums as well as to the business they are in. When and if their age is revealed they are congratulated for their achievements and respected even more for their positive influence on the world in general. Quite often their age comes as a great surprise to everyone in the forum as their level of maturity belies how young they are.

Unfortunately, many of the other young people, like you, fail to realize that your age shows in your actions and it is not a positive thing. The Internet has empowered many young people to behave in such a manner that would not be acceptable in the real world. Like it or not, you and others in the directory forum still have a lot to learn.

You talk about respect, yet fail to give it yourself. Respect is earned and your continued actions only prove that you haven't learned that yet either. You were the first one to be disrespectful in this thread, yet you seem to think you should continue to receive respect in return. Sorry, life doesn't work that way.

The irony about your suggestion that I simply ignore what you have to say as being simply your opinion is twofold. When you attack a person's character, you are not stating an opinion and if you take that attack far enough you can quickly stray into libel. Secondly, I have continued to talk to you primarily in the hope that you might learn from this experience and begin to understand that you have done more to harm your credibility and respect than any of the rest of us could have accomplished.

I do wish you well and hope that in a few years you may look back on this and other threads and ask yourself 'Was I ever that young and foolish'? and 'Why did I not understand that I was my own worst enemy?'.

YMC, Oct 24, 2007 IP