1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Shopping ads

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by balkanboy, Oct 23, 2007.

I just received newsletter from Text Links Ads. They invited me to sign up at their new website shoppingads.com

I took a chance and instantly signed up. Looks like they are widget bucks competitors. Here is a quick comparison to widget bucks.

Advantages:

1. Their ads are much faster to load.
    2. They also offer ads based on keywords which I find better than in Widget Bucks where you don't have that option.
    3. They pay every fist of the month if your balance is bigger than 50$. Widget bucks pays after 45 days.
    4. Company has good reputation-Text Links Ads pays for sure.

Disadvantages:

1. No sign up bonus($25 at Widget Bucks)
    2. No payments by check at the moment-only paypal, but they say they will get more options in a month.

Honestly, I find advantages better than disadvantages and I placed two blocks on my arcade site www.cool-games.us to give them a try.

balkanboy, Oct 23, 2007 IP
    dotcompals and iatbm like this.
  2. bscdesign.com

bscdesign.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Their ads are really unattractive and look like you are trying to sell things. With WidgetBucks they are really good looking and every ad size has 10 different products.

Do ShoppingAds pay per click?

bscdesign.com, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  3. searche

searche Banned

Best Answers:
    yes, pay per click...

The advantage on shopping ads is that we'll probably get paid at the first of november...

searche, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  4. balkanboy

balkanboy Banned

Best Answers:
    Well actually you do try that, but they are taking the risk and pay you per click instead of per action.

I agree, but they load really slow so many people don't even see them.

Looks like Shopping ads is still in private beta and not open to all yet. you must have invitation code to sign up.

I am not saying what is better, just trying to compare. Time and reports by people will give us a better picture.

balkanboy, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  5. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yea received that email also. I first thought it is some phishing email :D because of some strange url ....

iatbm, Oct 23, 2007 IP
    balkanboy and AGS like this.
  6. dotcompals

dotcompals Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I too got the invitation email. I am testing those ads now at www.freewd.org . It is adsense complaint also - means can be used along side google adsense.

dotcompals, Oct 23, 2007 IP
    balkanboy likes this.
  7. bscdesign.com

bscdesign.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    I still think they look too intrusive. It is kind of like reading a book and on the top right of it's pages it has the text rapped around an ad saying "Harry Potter 7. Only $12.45". I don't like ads to be just laid out and say buy this. I like it to attract me into reading about it then I'll click it.

bscdesign.com, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  8. balkanboy

balkanboy Banned

Best Answers:
    Funny, 2796 impressions and no single click yet. I guess they are really unattractive.

balkanboy, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  9. add_cents

add_cents Peon

Best Answers:
    Implemented it a few hours ago.

Got 6000+ impressions with 0 clicks, but I read that their reporting is a bit slow.

I'm assuming people are clicking them because my Adsense CTR has dropped noticeably.

add_cents, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  10. mr_cool

mr_cool Guest

Best Answers:
    Widgetbucks is better ;) I never use text link ads and auction ads,They pay too low!

mr_cool, Oct 24, 2007 IP