1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

When did you buy your first domain?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by usasportstraining, Oct 23, 2007.

1. drmike

drmike Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In early 2005 I decided to try my hand at buying domains.. I forget the site I first used but I am thinking it was APlus something, or along those lines. Anyways, I decided, unknowingly to try and find some 3 letter domains... I started off with aaa, aab, aac, etc.. and in the first day found 3 of them, second day I was up to 7... this site actually took my money from me and sent me a confirmation email... then I decided to look on eBay and seen how much 3 letter domains were in demand... so I decided to list some of them on eBay to see how they would do.. within 24 hours I had about $3000 worth of bids on a total of 4 domains and was exstatic... then a few hours later my listings were withdrawn for the reason "Seller is not in possession of goods"... so I contacted the registrar company I used, who took my money for these domains... and after 3 or 4 days they got back to me and told me that it turns out although their system was showing them available that they weren't really available and that they would be more than happy to give me credit towards other domains... of course I was furious and asked for a refund, and a few weeks later finally got it. It took me about 6 months before I finally decided to register another domain name, and went with GoDaddy whom I have been with ever since.

drmike, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  2. The Emirates Gallastico

The Emirates Gallastico Banned

Best Answers:
    GoDaddy did that for me a few times... showed 'investment.info' and x5u.com as available when they weren't :mad: :(

The Emirates Gallastico, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  3. zlovesuforever

zlovesuforever Banned

Best Answers:
    about 9900 months ago .and it was now 1500000$ . lol

zlovesuforever, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  4. abstroose

abstroose Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I bought my first domain about 2 years ago, but my very first domain name was supreme-designs.net, which a friend bought for me when I was offering a website design service when I was 12 back in 2001.

abstroose, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  5. DealWorx

DealWorx Peon

Best Answers:
    1998. I still own it today, and still make money with it. :)

DealWorx, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  6. Weseal

Weseal Peon

Best Answers:
    1998 also for my dads company website. Its still going strong even after 6 makeovers!

Weseal, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  7. infini

infini Peon

Best Answers:
    about 2 years ago. it was my school's student network. and then become city's network :D

infini, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  8. buffalo

buffalo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I never have bought a domain! :eek: I'll let you know when I do. :D

buffalo, Oct 23, 2007 IP