1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Email legal disclaimer footer...

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by promo, Oct 23, 2007.

Anybody have some standard text about what to include in a legal disclaimer footer in outgoing emails?

promo, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  2. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    There is no "standard" text. What is it you are trying to protect against?

On my personal email, I use none. For my business email, I have a disclaimer related to my area of business. A CPA would use different language than a lawyer, etc.

The appropriate text depends what you are trying to accomplish by adding the disclaimer.

browntwn, Oct 23, 2007 IP
    promo likes this.
  3. promo

promo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Should have been a bit clearer there..

I got the text that regards to the business adn legal requirements.. What I needed was something down the line off..

"If you received this mail in error, please delete it and contact us at...".. I ended up with a phrasing along those lines.. thank you for your answer though

promo, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  4. SJappie

SJappie Peon

Best Answers:
    Something like this? -->

The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is adressed and others authorised to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby (a) notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action with respect to the content of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful, and (b) kindly requested to inform the sender immediately and destroy any copies. COMPANY NAME is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt.

SJappie, Oct 23, 2007 IP
    promo likes this.
  5. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Here are a couple samples:

"Confidentiality Notice: the information contained in this email and any attachments may be legally privileged and confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments immediately. You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or any attachments for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of the contents to any other person."

"Tax Advice Disclosure: To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS under Circular 230, we inform you that any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments), unless otherwise specifically stated, was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (1) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (2) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any matters addressed herein.

The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. To reply to our email administrator directly, please send an email to ."

" This email may contain information that is confidential or attorney-client privileged and may constitute inside information. The contents of this email are intended only for the recipient(s) listed above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are directed not to read, disclose, distribute or otherwise use this transmission. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the transmission. Delivery of this message is not intended to waive any applicable privileges."

browntwn, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  6. promo

promo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly like that :)

Thanks guys.. Green all around!

promo, Oct 23, 2007 IP