1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DP Directory Owner Members where are they now !

Discussion in 'Directories' started by britishguy, Oct 22, 2007.

?

Which would you Prefer in the DP Directory Category

1. That the category is beneficial to all POSTERS

69.9%
  2. That the category IS TAKEN OVER BY TROLLS

30.1%
  1. templates

templates Notable Member

Best Answers:
    from what i can tell its the incessant badgering and attacking of others..should be banned or at the very least,9 infraction points.. :)

templates, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  2. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    Depends if they bump their own thread and then delete the bump. :D According to Vicious Summer it is worthy of 9 infraction points...

Cheap SEO Services, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  3. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    hmmm yes... DP is getting very strict lately or detective dubz was correct :eek:

malcolm1, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  4. bobby9101

bobby9101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Flip flopper?
    Hmmm

bobby9101, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  5. malcolm1

Best Answers:
    ummm NO... if indeed kev was in the hospital the i send my best for a speedy recovery
    and thiers no bull about that as ive been to the hospital and dont like it one bit...

If he is lying on the other hand, then shame on him ... :(

I really dont know why "PHX" got banned but their cant be that many options ...

thx
    malcolm

6. silencer

silencer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good thread Pete. I would say from the perspective of someone who rarely posts here now that it is more about the same topic being discussed ad nauseum that creates a reluctance to spend the time to make a post.

If every thread is going to turn into the same 'directories got penalised' paranoia, it makes it difficult to participate. How many times can you provide the answer to that question before people realise that it is now old news and instead of dwelling on the negative, they should build a bridge, walk over it, and move on with their own internet interests.

Until that happens, and until new and real discussion of topics that interest people return to DP, then I'm not surprised that the seasoned members who provoked thoughtful debate on here in the past have refrained from posting recently.

silencer, Oct 22, 2007 IP
    an0n and jhnrang like this.
  7. jl255

jl255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i had a personal run-in with TP too and found that it was really pointless trying to reason with him professionally.

anyway, i too was quite sickened by the negative attitude of several members of DP. I have no problem with friendly debates, the problem i have is that these members never keep the debates professional and friendly, but seem to go out of their way to insult and humiliate others. There is a right and a wrong way of exchanging differing opinions and most of the time, the wrong way is used. It is obviously clear by the words used and the tone carried. I believe that if they sincerely wanted to voice their opinions, they could have phrased their words better. Otherwise, its obvious that they are just out to badger other members and not for the sake of voicing their opinions.

Many of us chat on MSN outside of DP and all agree that the environment of DP is getting sickening and mods don't seem to be doing anything to moderate the environment. Under such circumstances, it is no wonder why so many have decided to stay away.

jl255, Oct 22, 2007 IP
    balkanboy likes this.
  8. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Its very good to see one of the genuine names with integrity, professionalism and respect on the net posting on this thread :)

Thanks silencer for your valued REALISTIC Commments :cool:

britishguy, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  9. malcolm1

Best Answers:
    I sat here and watched a few try and crucify Alive as well as Aviva just because
    they chose to be aggressive in thier campaigns when down deep WE all know that
    they supported us and helped us to where most owners are today...

I watched "whom" was doing it and for "what" reasons and every time the only conclusion
    i could come up with was 1. jeolousy 2. hatred 3. fear of unknowing

The best part is that its always someone whom dont even own directory and has nothing invested
    that seems to have all the answers or comments..

But hey what do i know....

laterz
    malcolm

an0n and msolution like this.
  10. britishguy

Best Answers:
    Thats credible sure :cool:

Its tough is business and those that can't stand the heat then don't get in the kitchen ;)

britishguy, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  11. msolution

msolution Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ooooppss.... i missed all the drama! :eek: and someone got banned already!

i was waiting for phx to comment b4 i comment anymore on the topic, but alas he got a ban before i had my peice!

i had similiar doubts, [i was 90% sure] and when he started to get to me, i showed him what i had to keep away from me! he shot a drastic PM back stuttering all the way that "i have nothing to hide",

But since he got banned i must keep this short, coz no use of playin with a side who cant defend himself! .... or is there something to defend:rolleyes:

one:
    two:
    Snapshot of my admin panel taken then

Same domain, same password, same IP, 4 minutes of diffrence!

back of my database/ table Mod Users:
    INSERT INTO `PLD_XXXXX` SET `ID`='3', `OWNER_NAME`='Jamie', `OWNER_EMAIL`='Jame_Green[...]@hotmail.com', `PASSWORD`='open', `DATE_ADDED`='2007-07-28 19:24:39', `EMAIL_VERIFIED`='0', `ACTIVATION_KEY`='81652', `UPDATE_MOD_NOTIF`='1', `NEW_MOD_NOTIF`='1', `IPADDRESS`='86.139.159.81', `URL`='http://www.indexquick.net';
    INSERT INTO `PLD_XXXXX` SET `ID`='4', `OWNER_NAME`='Calum', `OWNER_EMAIL`='yeovilboy[...]@hotmail.com', `PASSWORD`='open', `DATE_ADDED`='2007-07-28 19:28:58', `EMAIL_VERIFIED`='1', `ACTIVATION_KEY`='23886', `UPDATE_MOD_NOTIF`='1', `NEW_MOD_NOTIF`='1', `IPADDRESS`='86.139.159.81', `URL`='http://www.indexquick.net';

Code (markup):
    i have more but i think this should suffice!
    [there is also a hilarious paypal chargeback.... but that would make u fall off the chair!]

For the record
    if jamie is in the hospital or was, i would like to extend warm regards and best wishes, despite all the above!
    my intention is not to malign no one, but to bring to the notice of a impersonation which was bound to come out one day or another!

as i said in my other thread
    David doesnt come here too! yet there are people who stand by phpLD all the way!
    Its the product that does the talking not an errand boy or a guy with a "degree in computers"

M.

msolution, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  12. lohan

lohan Guest

Best Answers:
    I think it will be interesting to see how this all rolls out. The so called trolls are evidently in the minority and whilst I don't agree with everything that has been said it should be obvious that there is a need for change.

lohan, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  13. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh the hand wringing and teeth gnashing this thread has led to.

It would only take a few changes to get things where they belong, but everyone just keeps blowing hot air and perpetuates the many problems around here.

A few ideas...

1. When the obvious trolls start a thread - don't respond, don't read their linkbait blog, and let it die quickly. Why must so many put in their 2 cents and keep the nonsense going?

2. Attack ideas not people.

3. Leave the name calling for the playground.

4. If someone asks a specific question about x directory script, please refrain from the garbage posts 'I love y script, you should use that.'

5. Can we please stop having these ridiculous we need to change rants and just behave like professionals?

YMC, Oct 22, 2007 IP
    Bernard likes this.
  14. lohan

lohan Guest

Best Answers:
    Not bad advice until you got to this last one. Of course we need to see change. Thats how things evolve and develop. What we dont need are the personal attacks and intolerant attitudes.

lohan, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  15. britishguy

Best Answers:
    Just 1 day only into this Thread and 2,659 Views and 133 Posts

Whats afoot today then ? ;)

britishguy, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  16. malcolm1

Best Answers:
    Dont know.... but cant get any worse then the last 2 months

malcolm1, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  17. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It has been a real pain to see the TROLLS dominate the forum -- of late. Hopefully, senses will be back and nobody would take them seriously.

jhnrang, Oct 23, 2007 IP
    msolution and uttoransen like this.
  18. malcolm1

Best Answers:
    This has been a game for a selected "few" whom trolled around together with nothing better to do then start fights and ask questions that they knew nobody could have answered. Directory owners or anyone whom tried to speak where called "link dealers" and constantly badgered and talked down upon and other crap so as to keep a dark cloud constantly looming over everyones head and fear in submitters hearts.

This section will come back to life and old members whom once helped and shared in resources
    but only after the trolls have been removed...

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  19. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly, you guys sound like recruiters for Mary Kay or Amway.

"Everything is fine. We haven't been penalized. We haven't done anything wrong. It's just those trolls (sic) who keep saying there's a problem. In a couple more weeks, we'll all be back to making money selling PR again if we just don't let Google know and if we can get the trolls (sic) banned".

:rolleyes:

minstrel, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  20. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Just for those of you who are curious about whether phoenix was telling the truth about Kev being in the hospital and sick. Yes it is correct, Kev had flown to Florida to live there and got sick. He was stabilized and flown back to the UK via air ambulance. He is now resting and slowly recovering.

Hopefully that will help stop any rumors floating around!

cheers

LaCabra, Oct 23, 2007 IP
    enQuira likes this.