1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Zorg links de-indexed!

Discussion in 'Directories' started by uttoransen, Sep 11, 2007.

1. adnan

adnan Peon

Best Answers:
    adnan, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  2. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Okay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link_farm

Isn't that exactly what I and others have been saying is one of the reasons for Google penalties against directories? Excessive interlinking with their buddy directory owners?

Sound familiar at all?

minstrel, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  3. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well trust me that ive looked into your "theory" and have made changes on one directory
    to reflect everything YOU and others have made concerning "sitewide links" and inter breeding such.

I will post my results after i have "definitive proof" that it was indeed what happened...

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  4. minstrel

Best Answers:
    It was not just one thing, Malcolm. You need to understand that. It was several things, including interlinking, promoting directories as PR sources, lack of quality control, emphasis on payment as a way of ranking and/or endorsing sites, etc., etc. The bidding directories were and are the worst offenders because they combine just about every factor common to crap directories that violate Google's guidelines.

Fixing just one of those factors won't help you a whole lot. You must understand and pay attention to all of them.

5. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A couple of weeks ago I ask for reinclusion but before that I made sure I fixed what and what is needed to be done. Some knows it as I cancelled all the advertisings I have in their site. Made sure that everything goes smooth all along for the re indexing and recently I got it and most of it are coming back now and I sure will add more resource listings. Hopefully it comes back all together soon. If anyone needs any assistance I will be happy to share.

Listing 1
    Listing 2
    Listing 3
    And for the latest its now ok.

popotalk, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  6. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Good for you, popotalk! You obviously get it. I find it dismaying that so many directory owners still have their heads in the sand (or are just clueless).

sweetfunny likes this.
  7. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Those "other" factors are already accounted for this one (which isnt a bidding directory) and being implemented in all soon enough :)
    I had accounted for several but had missed 1-2 crucial ones.. and i humbly admit that :eek:

Well as for the bidding directories go...
    They are still young and have much to be desired.. this without a doubt
    Owners will undoubtedly have to think off better ways to bring visitors other
    then the "price tag" scenario but like with anything... it takes time.

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  8. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    Well done popotalk, hope everything gets sorted out for you.

The Pheonix, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  9. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. It is really moving bit by bit or at a slow pace now so I guess it is much better. Traffic has decreased for a lot of the 'penalised directories' and that is a fact. One directory was below in the 10,000 mark and now in it the 20,000's. Mine was in the 50k and have dropped to 70k but is now crawling back a bit. A penalised directory owner even told me that submissions dropped liked a rock and I believed him.

As for bidding directories I still believe them as gambling and that is how I feel. During its early introduction I was asked why don't I build one for myself. I just said no thanks as I don't really like the concept to own myself one.
    Pork Chops are .35 cents a pound and I dont gamble in order to consume 2 slices for lunch. :D

10. stoner3221

stoner3221 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The directory is still having a lot of problems but keep at it and you will get it going again.

stoner3221, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  11. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes and trying my best here. Thanks again. :)

12. mywebsearches

mywebsearches Peon

Best Answers:
    As much as I like to read your comments (minstrel) about directories and your knowledge of what you think is happening ("big crash")

You're missing what's really happening with the world wide web.

Directories owners are too obsessed with rankings, penalties, guidelines and a bunch of other no-relevant topics.

So far, both sides of the issues have not discussed the real "problem", not a single thread is concerned with the great changes that will occur with the internet.

If you like you can keep talking about Google or other search engines or keep playing like children. But if you really interested about your directory, I suggest to start thinking outside of Google because the internet is no where near of what it is today.

Has anybody actually studied all the regulars members of this forum and come up with some basic traits? I might someday provide this information, but for now it too early to for this.

Go ahead, start replying to my comments, not that it will make any difference! Meanwhile, I will do what usually the "Pinky and the Brain" do ehehhee.

mywebsearches, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  13. imteaz

imteaz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    why there is no pr for Zorg links? hmm strange
    it shows pr not available.....

imteaz, Oct 27, 2007 IP
  14. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    Read Minstrel's posts and you will hopefully understand. These Directories aka Pagerank dealers are a real thorn in Google's site, and the whole business model has had a serious knock on the head.

Look at BigWebLinks who's the highest bidder on Zorg at $1,460 they went from a PR0 to PR7 last update and now are PR4 with no Pagerank subpages i could find.

When you spend $xx,xxx on building Pagerank and wind up with a PR less than a site i spent $35 on for domain name and script that's gotta hurt.

sweetfunny, Oct 27, 2007 IP
    minstrel likes this.