1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ron Paul on Hannity & Colmes Post-Debate (10/21/07) (Feel Sorry For Hannity?)

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Briant, Oct 22, 2007.

Briant, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  2. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL @ Hannity he still thinks after all these years that the "war" can be won. :rolleyes:

He was really pushing Paul for who he would support if he doesn't get the nomination too wasn't he. One thing is for sure, I doubt that it would be any of the idiots that were up on the stage with him.

AGS, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  3. Briant

Briant Peon

Best Answers:
    Ron Paul would quit getting that question if he turned it around on them.

"So Sean, would you support me if I won the nomination, or would you support Hillary?" :D

Briant, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  4. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    Toopac, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  5. davewashere

davewashere Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hannity is a tool. I'm almost entertained by his pro-war stance now. It's interesting to watch how far he's willing to take his stance in spite of the obvious failure that is this war.

davewashere, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  6. omgitsfletch

omgitsfletch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Toopac, how was it rigged? You can only vote once for a candidate.

The bottom line is Paul had such a grin on him because aside from the vocal Guiliani boo'ers in the front, the rest of the crowd didn't boo (how do I know that? I live in the town the debate was held, and know many people who were there). In fact, apparently the entire weekend Paul had a great following and lots of support. After the debate, his site died for an hour since so many people were donating, and he won the text poll significantly, and it's a fair poll. He also made sure to bring up he loses phone polls because on lots of them, his name isn't a choice. Oh man, he rocked Hannity.

omgitsfletch, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  7. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Ron Paul is the man for the job!

guru-seo, Oct 22, 2007 IP
    GRIM likes this.
  8. tarponkeith

tarponkeith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Haha, he discredited his own poll... I'm no fan of that man...

tarponkeith, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  9. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    I found it interesting that Paul likes Fox news. I guess his supporters do now, as well?

Even more so, the fact that paul was nearly booed off the stage several times.

Even more interesting, is when Hannity talked about how the neopaulitans "stack the deck" in voting. I mean, come on! We all know this happens and has long been happening. Why pretend it doesn't?

The most revealing part though, was when they went back to the interviewer of the "undecided panel" being interviewed and asked "How many of you think ron paul won the debate?"

Not a single had was raised.

Huckabee turned in a powerful and brilliant performance! As did Rudy and Romney.

I'm on record now...Huckabee is my "preferred" candidate. Doesn't mean I don't like the others (except the one loon), but he's my preferred candidate now.

GTech, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  10. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt many of us here are surprised (or interested) in your choice GTech. :)

AGS, Oct 22, 2007 IP
    GRIM likes this.
  11. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
    I'm not going to argue with you, I thought the debate was crappy, as most of the Fox News debates have been. The booing contingent was a small minority of the audience, it was primarily Guiliani supporters up in front. As Paul said afterwards, if he had the amount of tickets the other campaigns received to give out, he easily would have the crowd in his favor, too.

I don't fault RPoF or Fox News too much for that, the tickets were sold in May, before Paul's message really experienced the growth it has. So while it's unfortunate, it's nothing I'm going to "call BS" on or any such thing. The good news to come of it was the extreme amount of donations Ron Paul's website received following the poll, and the amount of at home viewers who felt he was still the best candidate in the debate. The other good news was he received almost as many questions as Thompson, Guiliani, and Romney, another example of Fox finally admitting he's a top-tier candidate. You could see during the post-debate interview, Paul was one step ahead of every attack Hannity attempted, and he was ear to ear with a grin that showed he must have gotten the good news about the text poll and his donations right as the debate ended.

12. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    If only we could spin good news for America the same way :)

That was the first debate I recall where a candidate was booed. And I believe everyone knows about the neopaulitan's efforts to stack/spam polls. It's a concerted effort that would make the borg proud!

Taking away the "stacking/spamming" it was was clear that Huckabee was the winner. Very impressive performance!

GTech, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  13. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
    Yes, and it was quite disrespectful, too. I'm sure Paul supporters have wanted to boo Guiliani in past debates, but they had the respect to be quiet unless they were applauding. Oh well, it just goes to show Guiliani supporters are as scared of Paul as Guiliani is scared of him.

You keep talking about this stack/spam polls thing. Evidence? The only evidence I'm seeing is that Ron Paul won the poll handedly, and that Huckabee did very well; signs that people are sick of the supposed "top-tier" candidates attacking each other and Hillary rather than explaining why we should vote for them.

That's alright, I know it makes you angry that Paul won once again, showing that the phone polls are incredibly broken. Guess what, call the success whatever you want, but it wasn't just texting; Ron Paul got about $100,000 in donations overnight online, all as a result of his performance in the debate. All the evidence says you are wrong and Paul did fabulous, but you can just keep spitting rhetoric to make yourself feel better.

/Guess it's time for grandpa GTech to go take his medicine today and calm himself down before he hurts himself.

14. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't matter how much money you raise online or how many people vote for you in online polls. It only matters in primaries and elections and the people who do support fringe candidates like Ron Paul and Howard Dean that supports doesn't translate in vote in the both when it really counts. Otherwise Howard Dean would be our president right now.

soniqhost.com, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  15. Briant

Briant Peon

Best Answers:
    So you believe it when Huckabee gets the online votes :confused: Ron Paul is what your republican friends are supposed to be like. It shows how bad off the US is now that this man is ridiculed by a party that until recently pretended to believe in what Ron Paul is saying.

Briant, Oct 22, 2007 IP
    omgitsfletch likes this.
  16. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Huckabee is a great candidate. He doesn't believe in evolution. That's exactly what we need in an age begging for reason, another religious zealot.

Btw, Huck's campaigning is going great too.
    http://www.mikehuckabee.com/

Nothing like Ron Paul's.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/ (Raised in 3 days)
    Click on raising to win to see the Q4 online total.

guerilla, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  17. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The reason why Paul was booed is that each candidate only got "X" tickets and hand invited their people. It was 8-1 for pro-war crowd. Certainly not representative of the mass of America, or even the Republican party where Paul has received ovations in other debates for his anti-war stance.

Besides, those boos translated into the biggest fund raising Monday yet for the campaign. :)

[​IMG]

guerilla, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  18. tesla

tesla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Gtech, what happened to Sam Brownback? I thought he was your candidate of choice.........oh yeah, I forgot, he tapped out of the 2008 presidential race. Hey, who are you going to switch to once Huckabee steps down?

Wow Gtech, you don't seem to care too much about the U.S. economy. I mean, you want to put a man in office who couldn't even balance the budget while he was the governor of Arkansas. How is he going to manage the budget as president? Spend us into financial doomsday?

Also, It seems Mr. Huckabee enjoys releasing convicted rapists from prison. Check out this article from Wikipedia:

Handling of the Wayne Dumond case

Huckabee has also come under criticism for his handling of the case of Wayne Dumond, a convicted rapist who was released during Huckabee's governorship and who subsequently sexually assaulted and murdered a woman in Missouri.[64] Dumond's case had attracted national attention in the mid 1990s from critics of President Bill Clinton who felt the former Arkansas Governor had been too harsh with Dumond because Dumond's victim was a distant Clinton relative.

Yeah, Huckabee sounds like he would be a GREAT president. He doesn't know how to balance the budget, releases criminals from jail, allowing them to commit crimes again, and Huckabee also supports continued immigration into the U.S. But you call Ron Paul a loon?

tesla, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  19. tesla

tesla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    These guys who attack Ron Paul can't show any evidence that the polls were rigged. You want to see a rigged poll? Go look at the 2000 election fiasco with George W. Bush and Al Gore. Now that was rigged.

All of you guys who keep attacking Ron Paul had better put his policies and history side by side with the other GOP candidates. Once you do, it will become obvious that Ron Paul is the best man for the job.

I challenge anyone here to pick an candidate other than Ron Paul who should be president, and watch me rip through that candidate, exposing all his weaknesses and controversies.

Giuliani? He is a cross dresser, has mob ties, and was involved with racial profiling. He is clearly not the man for the job. Huckabee? He can't balance a budget, supports continued immigration, and lets convicted criminals out of prison. He is also not the man for the job.

Mitt Romney needs to go to his lawyers to decide what to do about Iran. Since he apparently doesn't know what the Constitution says, he shouldn't be running for president. Who else do you guys want to bring to the table? Tancredo, McCain?

tesla, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  20. tesla

tesla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You know what I've noticed in people in this forum who constantly attack Ron Paul? I notice that they never attack him on his policies or political believes. Most of the time, they just attack him for the sake of attacking him.

They can't give any tangible reasons for why he shouldn't be president. Me on the other hand, I don't have to resort to attacking a candidate just for the sake of attacking him. I can sit here and display factual evidence which shows why they shouldn't be in the White House.

If the only ammunition you have against a candidate is calling him names, then your stance is like the foundation of a house that is built on sand, as soon as it rains, its over.........

tesla, Oct 24, 2007 IP