1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

GOP Would Rather Lose Than See Ron Paul Nominated

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by dgridley, Oct 22, 2007.

Last night's Fox News poll showed Ron Paul as the winner of Republican debate last night with 34% yet I'll wager the GOP would rather lose the election than see Ron Paul nominated or elected.

The GOP has lost all vestiges of it's former thrust of smaller government, less taxes, less federal influence and so forth in favor of a vast corporate/military/industrial complex driven government and economy.. all of which Paul is against.

Many states are apparently changing the primary rules by mandating that only Republicans can vote in Republican primaries, thereby effectively disallowing votes by independents and the like.

Pretty bad when your own party is out gunning for you..

http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=49739&fb=1

dgridley, Oct 22, 2007 IP
    GRIM likes this.
  2. tarponkeith

tarponkeith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's interesting that the party would rather have Rudy (pro-abortion) be the face man for the party then Ron Paul (who's about the truest republican running)...

tarponkeith, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  3. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course they do not want to see Ron Paul get elected as that would mean that their blood money will stop flowing. RON PAUL is the man that will put these corrupt clowns where they belong. If you want to see your country continue to go down this disastrous path vote any other candidate, if you want to save America and restore our values and decent way of life vote RON PAUL for change.

guru-seo, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  4. Briant

Briant Peon

Best Answers:
    They have essentially been saying this for a while. Just ask the neocon representatives here.

Briant, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  5. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its interesting....I have searched fox news, google, yahoo, msnbc, etc. and have found no one who said that RP won the debate...

d16man, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  6. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    AGS, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  7. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    d16man, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  8. omgitsfletch

omgitsfletch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    d16, you could only vote once per candidate. After an initial vote, you got a "thank you" text back. Any additional votes got you a "sorry, you voted already" text.

omgitsfletch, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  9. davewashere

davewashere Active Member

Best Answers:
    You're right. Ron Paul is far more different from GWB than Hillary Clinton. Ron Paul has plans to dismantle some major parts of the federal government. He's more of a "true conservative" in the classic sense, as opposed to most of the other GOP candidates, who are just social conservatives.

davewashere, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  10. dgridley

dgridley Guest

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

11. tarponkeith

Best Answers:
    Haha, neat snapshot, thanks :)

12. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
    Hannity must have had his handles shut him up, because he was a lot more civil this time around. My guess is his producers said after the last time "you can only vote once you idiot, stop sticking your foot in your mouth!".

13. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    We don't. Just pointing out that Briant has picked up on the ratings results and made a post about Pauls excellent ratings.

I wonder if he used the non-FOX Noobs version of google, yahoo, msnbc, etc. :D

AGS, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  14. Briant

Briant Peon

Best Answers:
    The scary part is that the Huckabee supports have caught on and are spamming too huh? The truth is, it looks like we need a run off between Huckabee and Ron Paul :D

Briant, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  15. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
    Of all the other candidates, I like Huckabee and Tancredo the best. I think, along with Paul, that these two candidates are the most genuine and honest about their beliefs, and would implement the changes they talk about, rather than just saying what they need to get elected. Huckabee is a good guy, I disagree with a lot of his stances, but he's definitely one of the best guys aside from Paul on the stage.

16. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Paul won't even come close, so it really doesn't matter. There's simply not enough "troofers" and "white supremacists" to give him any real numbers. That's why he's polling at 2% nationally.

GTech, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  17. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If that was the case why are the die hards so against him and putting so much time and effort against him?

It's taking people awhile to get his message. I talked with both my Dad and my uncle. My uncle to start 'he brought up the convo' talked about one debate he watched. The ONLY person who stood out to him was Paul, at first he said he was nuts. We then talked a bit and he totally changed his tune.

My uncle is not one to trully follow politics, the constitution or anything for that matter 'like most of America' once I explained a few things to him though he was fully on his side. My father is supporting Obama thus far which is odd as he's very, very conservative. He however can not stand any of the republicans running this time, he however was very interested in Paul as well.

Paul's undoing 'if he doesn't make it' will be not having a name and the fact that most americans do not know what the constitution stands for, sprinkled in with the common every day place attacks and bad taste of the candidates he faces. The American public is like deer struck by high beams when someone speaks of the constitution, they love the idea but don't think it's reality.

GRIM, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  18. tarponkeith

Best Answers:
    Agreed, he doesn't have a huge following. But, it does seem that everytime people launch some kind of attack on his campaign, he gets a little more name recognition...

Also, he admitted, in the youtube clip posted the other day, to not having a huge following, but is planning on gaining some votes when he starts to spend his five million dollars...

19. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That is what the controlled fools at FOX and other controlled media channels for the sheeple keep doing.

The more they attack and discredit him the more people will get to hear about him. It is the age old adage: All publicity is good publicity.

Paul will never make it because even if he did Diebold will see that Hillary gets in to continue the disastrous Bush/Clinton dynasty in the USA. ;)

AGS, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  20. dgridley

dgridley Guest

Best Answers:
    He's polling nationally at 2% because of lack of name recognition, not because people disagree with him. I doubt most of my neighbors have ever even heard of the guy, let alone his stance on issues. Mainstream media needs to join the cause and stop ignoring him.. Paul needs to get off the internet and into the homes.

All in all tho, even if he is elected, he'd face a tough road acheiving all he'd like to do..