1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogging, how far have you come?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Emperor, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Zhu

Zhu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've been blogging for almost exactly a year.

I'm not making any money - that is because I don't want to monetize my blog. I have 0 ads on it, don't want to blah-blah about products and I plan to keep it this way. I do have a donation button though :p

I've just move to self-hosted WordPress a month ago, so I lost my PG3. But traffic is alright, I get comments, people to talk to so I'm pretty happy.

I learned everything from scratch and didn't promote my blog until the last few months where I got interested in all the blog marketing thing. Same with designing, coding etc. - learned it the hard way.

All in all, I'm quite happy. I published a book when I was living in France (novel) so I'm hoping to go back to writing as a job eventually. Let's say that's my goal :)

Zhu, Oct 21, 2007 IP
    Emperor likes this.
  2. oblivion19

oblivion19 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    nice to read on ppl who have been blogging from ages..

i have just ventured in to blogging like 10 days ago..

and just hope that after a year. i cud sit bak and have something really good to say abt my blogging experience..

oblivion19, Oct 21, 2007 IP
    Emperor likes this.
  3. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    We all have to start somewhere :D I also started small and worked my way up from there. it did take some time but at the end it's really worth it :D

Emperor, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  4. CanaryWharf

CanaryWharf Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been doing well with blogging and am making quite a bit of money in the process. It's enough to live on and have quite a nice lifestyle especially where I live.

I'm trying to use the income now to fund other offline projects that will give me some kind of a career rather than sat in front of a computer all day and am investigating with a local businessman setting up a consultancy to help people from Eastern Europe import goods from China.

So it's enabled me to get quite far and hopefully will be a nice side income for when I get an offline project up and running.

CanaryWharf, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  5. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    Starting this thread made me want to blog even more. I think I'm going to buy a few blogs to keep myself busy. :D The only thing I hate about blogging is starting everything from scratch... :D

Emperor, Oct 23, 2007 IP