1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogging about your website

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by forumbulge, Dec 9, 2005.

If you set up a blog mainly to promote one of your site, would you put it on the same domain as the website, or a completely seperate domain?

Eg - my blog would be there to promote new articles etc for the website, and to push some traffic through to the site - would this be best done on a new domain or just make it part of my existing domain along side the website?

forumbulge, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  2. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd put it on a free host somewhere, it's separate IP address and domain owner.

mdvaldosta, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  3. elvislivz2

elvislivz2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you update your blog on blogger with a link your site - Google will spider your site the day you update your blog.
    :)

elvislivz2, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  4. bluegill_catcher

bluegill_catcher Active Member

Best Answers:
    Evidently you guys did not read the thread I started a few days ago, that a lot of us have been talking about. Placing a blog on any free blog hosting site is nuts... I had 13 blogs, I worked on them every day posting and building them up, then last tuesday, I see that they were all removed from blogger.com because they qualified as what they are now calling spam blogs.

I lost over a years worth of work, if I had the blogs hosted on my own server and had used wordpress or something else, they would still be safe.

I simply added short links on my blogs to my other blogs, and it got them banned as spam blogs. All it takes is for one person to click on the 'flag' button and your blog can be banned..... or you can lose it for other numerous reasons. Don't learn the sad mistake I did.......

bluegill_catcher, Dec 10, 2005 IP
  5. forumbulge

forumbulge Guest

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't touch a free blogging site, I completely agree with you bluegill.

That's never what I was referring to. By seperate site I meant should I use a seperate domain to the actual website itself - that seperate domain would not be blogger.com, it would be my own domain using wordpress.

forumbulge, Dec 10, 2005 IP
  6. amhso

amhso Peon

Best Answers:
    Eh, free hosts and having subdomains that don't belong to you isn't too great.

amhso, Dec 10, 2005 IP
  7. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Put your blog on a different domain, but make sure it's your own. Free blogging garbage is ok for starters (IE getting familiar with what a blog is), but you should never base your business on a free service where others have the control.

If it's just a personal experiment, that's another thing.

marketjunction, Dec 10, 2005 IP