1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Goodbye Google PageRank, Hello Google Page Rate

Discussion in 'Google' started by Xavier_3D, Oct 20, 2007.

Source: http://adsensetrack.blogspot.com/200...page-rank.html

Google Announces End of Page Rank

Google 2.0

In a nod to Web 2.0 and in an effort to make the Google experience more user-centric, Google will end the system of assigning each web page a Page Rank based on an algorithm of links, quality and popularity. Instead, each page will have a Page Rate assigned by the readers.

Page Rate will be established by the installation of an attractive voting widget on each page allowing readers to click either an up or down arrow to show approval or disapproval of the page's content. After clicking the arrow of choice, the reader will be prompted to leave a comment about the page they just voted for. While all users are allowed to vote, only those logged into their Google account will actually have their votes counted or be allowed to comment.

Float It

Google users will also be able to go to the new "Float It" site where they may rate sites already rated by other Googlers. Once on Float It, readers are encouraged to examine pages other Floaters have submitted and vote to either "Float It" or "Sink It", thereby helping to bring exposure to the truly deserving web pages.

Trip Over It

Another method of finding pages to rate will be by using the new Google Toolbar With TripOverIt. The new toolbar will have a TripOverIt button integrated into it as well as a window showing the current page's Votes and Floats. With the toolbar installed, the user may click the "TripOverIt" button and be taken to a random web page to vote on. The user need not worry about selecting categories or preferences because the toolbar will also track their surfing habits and only serve up the kind of pages they like.

Goo.glicio.us

For those Googlers who want to be able to return to the pages they really liked, Google has developed Googlicious. Googlicious is a social bookmarking community that allows users to connect and share their favorite pages.

Limitations and Restrictions

While it is required that each page have the Page Rate Widget installed to qualify for a Page Rate, the site owner is not allowed to have any other voting or submission widgets on the page. Neither may the site owner ask for votes or refer to the widget in any way. The site owner also may not, under any circumstances, click their own widget. If a site owner clicks their own widget or in any way attempts to commit widget fraud, all pages owned by that owner will be removed from the Page Rate Program, will be disallowed from Organic Search Results and the Googlebot will be instructed to break all of the links on the page and screw up the CSS code on its way out.

Rankings

Rankings will still be scored on a 10 point system based on a proprietary algorithm of Up Votes, Down Votes, Float Its, Sink Its, Bookmarks and the quality of comments received.

From The Founders

In an interview posted on the Google blog, the founders of Google were asked if they were trying to take over the entire internet. Sergey Brin adamantly stated, "We absolutely are not trying to take over the internet!" Co-founder Larry Page interjected, "We don't like to use the word 'trying'."

Webmaster Views from Different Forums.

So Google is trying to steal StumbleUpon's thunder and THEN not allow anyone to use any other widget but their own(like Microsoft).

Well, let Google have it's fun. It'll be lonely with noone on their network.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I somehow get the impression that moving towards this direction would be more beneficial to the end users.

Of course I can understand why site owners would be scared and annoyed with this development. What use to be something they can hire people to manipulate may no longer be possible with the new set up.

Anyway I would prefer to keep an open mind about this and hope that it will encourage more people to quality content in developing their sites.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Whether it is a rumor or not;
    It's a signal for me,
    Maybe not buying too much Page Ranking domains in hand,
    Focus more on web making.

This is not real ! it is a hoax !

I got fooled by it at first though
    [​IMG]

Regards Xavier

Xavier_3D, Oct 20, 2007 IP
    enQuira likes this.
  2. Reseg

Reseg Peon

Best Answers:
    Reseg, Oct 21, 2007 IP
    soju likes this.
  3. Nora

Nora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Discussed before.. I have a strong feeling that this will be the end of the great Google.. people want to search and not be responsible for the results they want to see.

Nora, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  4. kijakarn

kijakarn Peon

Best Answers:
    Just another hoax ,while all webmasters awaiting for PR update.

kijakarn, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  5. xxMirceaxx

xxMirceaxx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this must be the dumbest thing ever...how could G watch for all page rate exchanges or stop people create few hundred accounts from proxies and vote for themselves?:eek:

xxMirceaxx, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  6. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i see that it's not the official info.

is there any info which is provided by google?

trichnosis, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  7. rital

rital Guest

Best Answers:
    hmm, is this true or just a hoax?

rital, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  8. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is a hoax ,

Google will never change Page rank as they have a trademark for it!

Freewebspace, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  9. Karthik

Karthik Peon

Best Answers:
    Lol, that original article is marked as "Humor", I know the author who wrote it and she got quite a tickle out of all the reactions coming for the post, it was just meant as a joke.

Ppl, PageRank is here to stay - that is one of the trademarks of Google and they would never say it was a failure!

Karthik, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  10. Xavier_3D

Xavier_3D Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That was just a Resource, I wanted to Share. Lets c what happens in the Future. Yup its an Unofficial Release. But who knows, whether its true or not.

Xavier_3D, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  11. mhmdkhamis

mhmdkhamis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i need google source for this news

mhmdkhamis, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  12. aspire

aspire Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Even if it really does actually happens then I suppose the new thread in the freebies would state something like

"rate mania: you rate mine and I will rate yours!!!"

aspire, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  13. Egy Spy

Egy Spy Peon

Best Answers:
    another hoax :)

Egy Spy, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  14. jabier

jabier Peon

Best Answers:
    Very funny.

If PR really terminated, then Larry Page will just kill Sergey. Where do you think the name "Page Rank" comes from ? :)

Cheers,

*waiting for PR Update

jabier, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  15. olti

olti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Use the "search" system first!

olti, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  16. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:
    Google fools its users easily.

inworx, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  17. redhits

redhits Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google won't do that ... otherwise bad people with lot's of friends will get very high in SERPs because most people will vote them . Also big sites like microsoft, hp , can get down :)

redhits, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  18. Tom Alex

Tom Alex Active Member

Best Answers:
    How could anybody believe something like that? hahaha?

Tom Alex, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  19. Godserve

Godserve Active Member

Best Answers:
    its hoax, google does things very slow. A half a trillion dollars on the line. Even minor changes rocks the web world. they arent looking to piss off half the people online. Even if they did decide to do this, it would be years away and so slow.

Godserve, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  20. mhmdkhamis

mhmdkhamis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i was want to say that too :)

mhmdkhamis, Oct 21, 2007 IP