1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone doing well with WidgetBucks on a gaming site?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by bscdesign.com, Oct 20, 2007.

I have 3 arcades one is getting over 1000 UV per day and I only get like 4-6 clicks per day. Granted that the clicks average at $0.27 each but I think I could get a better CTR than 0.2%.

Anyone with a gaming/arcade site getting a decent CTR?

bscdesign.com, Oct 20, 2007 IP
    Mr. Websites likes this.
  2. Cool1g

Cool1g Peon

Best Answers:
    how many other ads are you still running? i took off all other ads including my adsense ads on my arcade sites and am seeing a nice CTR and the total daily income using WB is much better than adsense. also, use the skycraper ads...gets a much better CTR than the horizontal banner ads.

Cool1g, Oct 20, 2007 IP
  3. bscdesign.com

bscdesign.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would hate to take down all my other ads because I have been advertising and doing a some arbitrage over the last 2 or so weeks. I have sold many ad weekly ad spots so I am also obligated to keep them up until they get what they paid for.

I can add the 120x600 banner though and take out a duplicate code. I will give that a try.

EDIT: I just realized that when I switched the category for my 468x60 banner from "Nintendo Wii games" to "Cellular Phones" my RPC almost trippled for todays clicks.

4. Mr. Websites

Mr. Websites Active Member

Best Answers:
    On a typical day, how many more clicks were you earning via Adsense (relative to WidgetBucks)? Also, have the earnings (EPC) remained fairly stable with WidgetBucks, and do you expect it to fall under 10 cents, comparable to Adsense? In my opinion, the figure of clicks that you're receiving, compared to the figure of visitors, is horrendous. Were you earning just as few clicks with Adsense? If you had a significantly higher 'CTR' with Adsense, despite the lower 'EPC,' it may be a better bet.

I'm aware that you're being flooded with questions from my end, so I'm adding reputation points in gratitude. :)

Mr. Websites, Oct 20, 2007 IP
  5. bscdesign.com

bscdesign.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    I added a 120x600 banner earlier today and have come to the following conclusion. Out of the 120x600, 728x90, and 468x60 banners I have on my 3 arcades only the 468x60 has a bad CTR. It is at 0.17% for today. The other 2 mentioned have CTRs of 1.5% and up. I am earning $0.09 to $0.17 per click. I tried out the Cell Phones category and my CPC went up to $0.27 per click. I got like no clicks though so I changed back to the Nintendo Wii category.

As for Widget Bucks vs. AdSense I wouldn't know. I got banned from AdSense over 2 years ago. But my CTR with AdEngage is 1.3% and my CTR with my AdToll 468x60 is about 0.45% to 0.70%.

So if you signup and have a 120x600 or 160x600 spot open I would use them. High CTR and ePC. I would also try out the 468x60 banner for a few days if you have an opening for it and see how well it does in other niches. If you only have a 468x60 spot to fill I don't recommend signing up just for that. You might end up switching back to AdSense and not getting your payout.

The Video Games ads probably pay the least per click out of all the categories. I hear that many of the others hava an average CPC of $0.5 or more. And if any of your clicks convert into a sale that clicks earnings go up 2-5 times.

If this thread inspires anyone to join Widget Bucks please PM me for my referral link.