1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advertise on this site

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Nokia999, Dec 10, 2005.

I don't know but i think its because of increasing pressure from compeititors that now mostly on Google adblocks appear "Advertiser on this site".
    Is there any way to avoid this text as per following TOS of adsense?

Nokia999, Dec 10, 2005 IP
  2. madkad

madkad Active Member

Best Answers:
    im not to sure what you mean would they be any way of you showing me :)

madkad, Dec 10, 2005 IP
  3. Nokia999

Nokia999 Guest

Best Answers:
    for example look at half banner at top of this forum and you will see "Advertise on this site" link.
    I think it's ok for popular websites but i am now seeing it on various sites which is unusual to me.

Nokia999, Dec 10, 2005 IP
  4. Momo

Momo Peon

Best Answers:
    You mean a way to disable it from showing it on your ads? You can do so in the My Account tab in Onsite Advertiser Sign-up.

Momo, Dec 10, 2005 IP
    ViciousSummer and hulkster like this.
  5. webyp

webyp Banned

Best Answers:
    I disactivted it too, I think it only makes more obvious to visitors that the links are ads.

webyp, Dec 10, 2005 IP
  6. clancey

clancey Peon

Best Answers:
    The links should look like ads! Over time, people shy away from sites whose sole purpose is to get them to click through to advertisers. It gets even worse, if that advertiser's sole purpose is to get me to their site, where they try to make their ads look like cotent so I click on through!

I think it is better to have an honest separation of ads and content. Over the longer run, your content is going to result in a consistent and dedicated audience, which should yield better results for the advertisiers, which should benefit you over the long run.

I do not mind have the "Advertise on this site" statement there. My primary sites target a business audience and some may want to take advantage of that possibility.

clancey, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  7. ahearn

ahearn Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem I have with the "Advertise on this site" scheme is that there is only one landing page possible. I have multiple web sites under one Adsense account, but can only have a landing page representing one of those sites. I've written Google about this, but haven't gotten an answer. I hope they get more complaints and change it.

Al

ahearn, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  8. lonecrow

lonecrow Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, we need to be able to define differnet landing pages for each site otherwise it doesn't make sense for me.

Hmmm I recent registered a sole propriatorship that is owned by my incorporartion. I wonder if that counts as a second company for a second account? I'll have to go read shoemoney's posts and check with google.

lonecrow, Dec 12, 2005 IP