1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A little favor

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by SDrep, Oct 20, 2007.

Well I'm sure all of you remember that first time you made a website, and everything was going perfect, but then you were stuck for a domain.

So yeah, I'm currently working on a personal design-ish site, that will feature:

• Design Gallery
    • Tutorials
    • Photography
    • Graphic requests (layouts, banners, etc)
    • Coding requests (code layouts for you)
    • Blog

I have the layout coded, I have everything ready to open the site, but I don't have any money to use to buy a domain.

I know tons of you have literallu tons of money on paypal, and 10$ wouldn't be very much for you to donate to me.

If one of you lends me the 10$, I can do you a number of favors.

I'll put a 610x100 advertisement banner for your site on my site for 3 months.
    I'll give you a month worth of money that I'll make of ads (probably around 15$ for the first month)

Please, i'm sure most of you have been in this situation before.

Like I said, 10$ isn't that much to most of you.

Thanks

SDrep, Oct 20, 2007 IP
  2. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    3 months free banner on a new site that most likely has no traffic at all may be little motivation for a donation.

there is a much better way
    you go ( walk ) thru your city and look out for any "helper needed" sign, turning hamburgers, emptying trash bins, loading trucks, whatever real people do when they get involved in some fun called "word"
    even collecting a few dozen empty recycle material like glass, paper, plastic bottles, aluminum cans will bring you the 10 $ in less than a days work

there are daily millions of UNDONE working hours waiting for someone humble enough to get his hands dirty ...

more than 40 yrs ago - at the age of 10 i made far more than your amount daily ... as a kid doing above and other jobs.

if you are now too lazy to earn such tiny amounts, how and from where would you ever get the power to produce thousands of pages content for a good running web site ??

we all started small
    if no other solution then on free web space.

the biggest favor society can do for you is to give you the freedom to earn your 10 $ all on your own with any honest work - that will help you to become a strong member of human society.
    to donate the amount may be the greatest mistake as it keeps you week and dependent on donations for a life time and beyond.

hans, Oct 20, 2007 IP
    pipes likes this.
  3. SDrep

SDrep Peon

Best Answers:
    Na, the site's going to have a decent amount of traffic.

It's not the problem getting the money, it's a problem with paypal. I can't add a bank account because:

1. I'm not 18
    2. My parents don't believe in buying stuff over the internet :confused::mad:

Like I have a job too, so I have some cash, just not on paypal :(

please?

SDrep, Oct 20, 2007 IP
  4. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    your parents know you for many years
    if they fail to belief in your project
    how could foreigners belief in your project ?
    if you lack trustworthiness from your parents, relatives or family members / neighbors
    how can the world trust you ??

domains also can be paid by CC
    find a friend who has a CC and pay him in cash what he needs to pay by CC.

to belief that your site will have good traffic is fine
    but HERE in DP forum are most likely thousands who get less than 10 $ a months because they have just a few hundred or less daily visitors.

if you need a favor - then you do first someone in your neighborhood a favor - and after that you ask for a return favor.
    first work - then reward.

myself i don't belief in online shopping - i prefer eyes to eyes shopping from professional experts no matter the higher price!
    hence i never would invest in any kind of online stores.

hans, Oct 20, 2007 IP
  5. SDrep

SDrep Peon

Best Answers:
    My parents don't believe in website making period. "it's pointless":(

None of my friends are old enough for credit cards as I'm only 16.

it's only 10 bucks i don't why it's such a big problem :( just do a good deed.

And the site is going to be successful, trust me. I have a lot of marketing taken care of.

SDrep, Oct 20, 2007 IP
  6. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    SDrep, while your request seems relatively small, hans is correct in what he says.

The older you get you discover that nothing in life comes easy or free, everything has its price, you also cant guarantee anything, you may have good intentions but in the long run you sometimes have to endure the difficulties to get the success that you want.

Its not a lecture and im sure you will succeed but its better to understand certain things first about business.

pipes, Oct 20, 2007 IP
  7. thedomainsella

thedomainsella Peon

Best Answers:
    What domain name are you needing?

thedomainsella, Oct 20, 2007 IP
  8. SDrep

SDrep Peon

Best Answers:
    why?

Yes I know exactly what you guys mean.

It's just that I've had a few sites in the past when I managed to have paypal, but now, I don't, so it's so different, and there's so much less resources I can use as I don't have money (ie: domain)

I still have a host that I paid for when I had paypal, so hosting isn't a problem.. just a domain

SDrep, Oct 20, 2007 IP
  9. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you had a FEW sites ...
    means and proves that you in the past you had NO success with your sites
    !!
    you also HAD paypal - and apparently LOST paypal for a serious reasons - such as losing previous sites or paypal accounts never happen just for fun

now you want us to belief that all has changed just within a few years or less !?
    if you lost your apst sites and paypal - may be it was and still is for the good of all creation and most likely you may have to learn smallest business without www or regular working jobs offline before venturing into larger scale business.

since you are minor at 16yrs - NO business transaction, NO payment transaction or invoice with you ever could be legal and valid w/o your parents or parental guardians written express consent for each and every business you do .. even your Google adsense account would need your parents validation and approval - as much as any other income source or business partner ....

hans, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  10. SDrep

SDrep Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL
    No it doesn't

it's just because my other site was a 'fansite' for this online game I used to go on. I stopped playing the game, so stopped the site.

Don't judge when you don't know all the facts.. christ

SDrep, Oct 21, 2007 IP