1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Microsoft is dead!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by anthonycea, Oct 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Well, I'm pissed off with M$hite boxes too. In fact, during the time reading these posts in this thread I had 3 virsusses entring my PC via e-mail (caught of course and deleted, probably another 10 or so filtered on the mail server).

I doubt they will die within the next 50 years. Even if they drop to 40% market share, they'll still be a healthy company and more wealthy than other companies with similar marketshare in their industry.

M$hite will stay but will be kicked in the balls by its rivals.

T0PS3O, Oct 29, 2004 IP
    mushroom likes this.
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes but Minstrel is hanging on to the bitter end, he is going to continue hoping that the Titanic can stay afloat somehow and that he will not be eaten by the sharks when it finally sinks.

You better keep your speed boat on board with you Minstrel so you can save yourself because the Titanic is sinking fast. :) ;) :D

In Bill we trust :eek:

anthonycea, Oct 29, 2004 IP
  3. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    But the viruses were intercepted... because you have the sense to protect your system. You'd need to do that no matter what OS you were running.

On second thought, I think everyone here should switch to either MAC or Linux. Immediately. Please!

That way, I can continue to enjoy Windows while the virus writers target MAC and Linux and leave me alone.

Yes. That's the ticket. :D

--------------------------

Anthony, as I've said before, I have been running DOS and then Windows on my PCs since about 1986 or so (who know... time goes by so fast now it might have been 1936).

I have NEVER had a virus infection.

Q: Why?
    A: A little common sense, updated AV protection, a firewall, and anti-spyware software.

It has nothing to do with the OS. The problem is between the seat and the keyboard, not between the keyboard and the monitor.

minstrel, Oct 29, 2004 IP
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    So Minstrel, the flaws in SP2 do not bother you?

I have been using Microsoft products for a long time also.

Rail Roads used to use steam engines also, that does not mean that they are current or relevant anymore......

I am going to look ahead, not behind, I have told you many times that my next computer will be a Powerbook (Mac laptop).

I am done with the patch of a no good patch closed source OS.

It is that simple for me.

I will not have to worry about M$ security problems again.

5. minstrel

Best Answers:
    No. You will have to worry about MAC security problems. If you think there aren't any, you're dreaming.

I haven't applied SP-2. It was clear to me that there were going to be problems with SP-2 -- Microsoft also knew that but were pressured into releasing it early.

I'm waiting until the rest of you find all the bugs and MS releases the necessary patches and then I'll install it :D

6. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I downloaded SP2 because of the JEPG flaw, it was the only OS that was not affected by this danger.

Did you find a patch yet for your system to take care of this fatal flaw?

7. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Actually, there is a separate patch for this. I don't have time to find it but I'm sure a search at the MS website will turn it up. If not, I'll look for it after work...

8. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I argue the same issues on all forums so someone left this link for the JEPG patch Minstrel.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-028.mspx

The page downloads so slow that I did not look at it, I am on dial up and am not going to wait for a slow server or page to load.

9. minstrel

Best Answers:
    I'm also on dial-up. I do download individual patches -- for SP-2 and similar things, I ordered the CD.

10. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    The day after the JEPG threat was known I downloaded SP2 on dial up, took about 12 hours. :rolleyes:

11. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you look at a lot of pictures then Anthony :)

SEbasic, Oct 29, 2004 IP
  12. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Never looked at an image in my life, had to quit looking a women a while back because I developed a disorder from looking at every pretty woman that I seen.

I have the same problem when I watch TV or a Shakira video :mad: :( :confused:

13. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Isn't the reason that MS gets the most viruses is because the most people have it? People who send them out want to do damage to lots of people or get in the news. You aren't going to get in the news by writing a virus for MacOS, cuz like 3% of people use it. Its not going to go very far. Same with Linux. Write a virus for an MS OS and you are in the news guaranteed.

Problem MS has - and all software developers - is that they do not code things from a hacker's standpoint. They make things to work and work well. A hacker looks at the code and says "hey it works great, how can I exploit that" Its 2 different mind sets; which is why companies are always catching up to hackers etc.

lorien1973, Oct 29, 2004 IP
    mushroom likes this.
  14. minstrel

Best Answers:
    make that 1%...

15. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    2% of the people hold 80% of the wealth in the world Minstrel :confused: :) :D

16. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Perhaps, but I suspect the rest of us would just waste it on women and beer anyway. Besides, those 2% at least know how to keep it out of the hands of politicians so they get my vote...

17. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    What are you talking about Minstrel, you should know that there are two types of people, tax payers and tax spenders :mad: :confused: :)

18. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    Anthony, I have to say, I thought of you the other day while driving on the freeway. Seeing your comment about Pintos and Firestone tires just reminded me of it. A Ford Explorer drove by and the right rear tire looked a little low...I slowed down and told my girlfriend that the tire was going to blow. Sure enough, it did about 1 minute later. Fortunately, the guy remained in control and pulled over safely. I wish I had caught it on video for you. Might be time to move on to a new topic though. M$ ain't going anywhere...you and I are both typing on a PC box right now I am sure. The will lose marketshare to someone...someday. But, that ain't gonna help us right now.

And, Minstrel. FYI, that machine I drove to San Diego to pick up (with the SP2 issues)...has not recovered from the "hard boot" I had to do to overcome the freezing issues. So, if you or anyone else knows a good, cheap data recovery person in San Francisco, let me know. One of the raided drives is being left alone while I attempt to get the thing to boot again. Best to wait on that SP2 install my friend.

chachi, Oct 29, 2004 IP
  19. minstrel

Best Answers:
    yes, AC... that was my point... anyone who can keep it away from the tax spenders has my vote...

20. mushroom

mushroom Peon

Best Answers:

"minstrel" I think you are delusional and should seek professional help!

There are so many viruses for windows is because it is so easy to write them for windows.
    Any decrease of market share that microsoft suffers will not see a corresponding decrease of new viruses written for their OS and any one that thinks otherwise should all so seek professional help.

mushroom, Oct 29, 2004 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.