1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Resigned -

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by Spendlessly, Nov 29, 2005.

1. shygirl

shygirl Guest

Best Answers:
    ok, I'm busted ! :)

I did state in my first post on DP that I edit in a disability section. I guess it kinda shows that it takes me a bit longer to 'get things right' post wise. I try my best however, and apologise it it comes out a little jumbled up sometimes.:(

I'll try harder in furture to get my points across.

(edited ). Forgot to say, that thats why I get annoyed when people accuse us all of corruption etc I make a real effort with my editing.

shygirl, Dec 9, 2005 IP
    pagode likes this.
  2. pagode

pagode Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't think it would be difficult for me to get multiple accounts. I just don't have the intention of doing so.
    What would be difficult is to get control over a huge amount of categories within the directory. Each account would start with a small category. Only by doing a lot of work you will be able to get your hands on more and bigger categories. Doing so for one account is already a huge amount of work. And remember everytime you ask for a new category your previous work is investigated.
    Is it all worth the effort? Acting like multiple people. Listing huge amounts of sites. Spending numerous hours editing. Just to be able to control large parts of DMOZ. And always keeping sure your fellow editors don't notice you are abusing the system. Not for me.

pagode, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  3. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you have a section called mentally challenged, couple of DMOZ editors posting here definitely deserve a listing. If you add a link to their ODP profile, I 'll promise you that I won't accuse you of corruption. ;)

gworld, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  4. shygirl

shygirl Guest

Best Answers:
    You'll be the first one listed I promise !

You really are quite an unpleasant person, this is not a personal attack, just an observation. ;)

shygirl, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  5. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    shygirl, I missed the part about a disability, or didn't connect it with you perhaps having a disability. My apologies.

gworld, while I admit that her posts have been confusing and sometimes agrresively so, I'm not sure attacking people with disabilities is going to advance anyone's cause her...

minstrel, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  6. Red

Red Peon

Best Answers:
    disability? OK this thread is going off course, but I do agree that DMOZ does have editors that are not corrupt and hopefully it will reflect in terms of eliminating the steady rise of corruption.

This thread deserves a proper burial lol!
    [​IMG]

Red, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  7. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Since you are a doctor, please tell me what kind of disability causes the posting of meaningless, disconnected sentences in defense of DMOZ corruption? :D

gworld, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  8. shygirl

shygirl Guest

Best Answers:
    Doctor ?

Where on earth did you get that from ???

and
    I'm not justifying myself to you and, y'know, reading thoroughly through once again...My posts the aren't that bad, and the 'agressively so' Minstrel pointed out aren't as aggressive as some here's posts, not by any means ?? :confused:
    And I do have to point out that my brain is 100%, I'm not mentally challenged, (Though I guess you probably think so).

But I never said anywhere I was a Dr of anything, perhaps you should get some facts straight mister.

Now forget I said it, and feel free to 'debate' with me and others regardless.

As for corruption in DMOZ ( the point ). Well Gworld seems to lump us all in together, as corrupt out for all we can take.

Someone like me with nothing to gain but trying my best to list informative, up to date websites within my particular interest area. What exactly is it I have to gain from that ? And they are all listed within a day or so if they are within the guidelines as I check every day.

I really think that this debate only applies to commercial areas of Dmoz. I cannot see why any of the slagging off editors get here is really relevant in 95% of the categories. ( Kids Homework cats anyone ? )

And I also don't see where Dmoz could win with the 'too tough' camp who complain that they keep getting refused editorship.

And the 'too lax' camp who get annoyed because a competitor 'seems' to be keeping them out and who think that within Dmoz there is not enough done to keep everything kosher. :confused:

shygirl, Dec 9, 2005 IP
    debunked likes this.
  9. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    SG, now you're getting a taste of what it feels like for unprepaired webmasters to find themselves in the resource zone and getting labelled as spammers immediately. :);):cool::D

Blogmaster, Dec 9, 2005 IP
    compostannie likes this.
  10. shygirl

shygirl Guest

Best Answers:
    I do not like RZ either. I don't like the vibe there.

shygirl, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  11. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    And I'm not a spammer, even though Hutcheson has said I was :)

Blogmaster, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  12. vulcano

vulcano Active Member

Best Answers:
    This was gworld versus minstrel, total misunderstanding from your side, sorry shygirl, just like from the very beginning of your posting

are you comunicating with gworld, the forum in total, or just entertaining yourself? What is it that keeps you going?

vulcano, Dec 9, 2005 IP
    pagode likes this.
  13. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    Also Shygirl Gworld wasnt talking about you being a doctor he was responding to minstrel who is a doctor. Just to clairify.

Las Vegas Homes, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  14. vulcano

vulcano Active Member

Best Answers:
    without looking up were Hutcheson posted that, I presume that he said that you ARE a spammer not WAS:D

vulcano, Dec 9, 2005 IP
    gworld likes this.
  15. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Don't worry about it. It is just DMOZ editors testing their new script that automatically rewords official DMOZ defense and posts it to forums. Shygirl first postings were version 0.001 with many bugs as everyone noticed but they have improved the script. Latest postings, I think are made by the version 0.01 (beta) of the script. ;)

Does anyone remember the program I think it was called Eliza from beginning of 1990 when AI was very popular and could simulate human discussions?

gworld, Dec 9, 2005 IP
    pagode likes this.
  16. shygirl

shygirl Guest

Best Answers:
    I despair...:confused:

Thanks for making me cry... cheers everyone.

I guess this sort of thing makes you feel good ?

shygirl, Dec 9, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  17. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    Mike dont feel bad, lol I am not a webmaster nor claim to be, but Hutcheson has called me a spammer. Hell I couldnt even place hidden text on any of my sites if I wanted to cause I wouldnt know how.

I am a Realtor by trade and know a little about the web, but according to Hutch, I am a SPAMMER. Its sad when you have others that you disagree with you, and then try to use any excuse they can come up with to prevent you from getting in to ODP. He use to always tell me, you know what you are doing why lie ( Para Phrase ). Now I may have had some bad webmasters in the past but that doesnt mean I knew what was going on. I guess the editors have become so jaded that everyone who submits to ODP is trying to run a scam.

If the editors would take the time to relay to those that submit what the issue is if there is one, then those issues can be addressed, but without guidance most of us dont know what to do to correct any guideline issues that may be brought up.

I am a very honest person and expect no more or less from the people I associate with. When trying to deal with DMOZ I do not find honesty as being part of the communication process, and maybe I should phrase that and say Hutcheson, cause he is the one I run in to the most on RZ.

I am sure there are ethical editors in DMOZ but as sure as I am there are ethical editors I know there are corrupt editors. My category is probably filled with corruption, since it is a money category.

As I have stated before we will soon find out once I submit a new site to them the truth will come out. The information offered and the uniqueness of the site should by all standards of ODP be accepted, if not then a whole new can of worms is opened. As far as real estate sites go in Las Vegas, there are none that even compare to this one for design, originality and the amount of information offered to the consumer.

Las Vegas Homes, Dec 9, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster and pagode like this.
  18. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Ah yes, I remember Hutcheson. :D

In 2000, he tied for second place for "most congenial editor". :eek:

I don't think he likes me either. :p

Will.Spencer, Dec 9, 2005 IP
    pagode likes this.
  19. torunforever

torunforever Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a few pieces of advice for you:
    • Consolidate what you're writing here so it's not so meandering
    • Try not to make this thread about you
    • Pay no attention to gworld
    • Fix DMOZ

I expect that last one done by tomorrow, or else I'll get gworld to whine about it.

torunforever, Dec 10, 2005 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  20. shygirl

shygirl Guest

Best Answers:
    1) I'm trying my best.

2) The personal off topic attacks were mostly directed at me unfortunatley.

3) I'm trying my absolute best.

4) I'll get back to you on that one.

I hope that was consolidated enough. :)

shygirl, Dec 11, 2005 IP
    torunforever likes this.