1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

need desperate help/ringtones

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by NCDE302, Oct 17, 2007.

hi, im trying to get a nice ringtones campaign going on adwords but no matter what i do i cant seem to get any leads. i spent 37 dollars on 25 clicks for the keyword"ringtones" and i got 1,000 impressions, my quality scored are GREAT, im on the front pages but none of the clicks are converting to leads? i dont get why

NCDE302, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  2. pamon

pamon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    welcome to the ringtones market... that pretty usual... only losing 37 bucks though is low... people have lost hundreds and thousands... tough competitive market....

pamon, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  3. NCDE302

NCDE302 Peon

Best Answers:
    how do i get it so that im making money...37 bucks is just today, over the past week its been a couple hundred

NCDE302, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  4. aj22

aj22 Peon

Best Answers:
    people spend weeks and months tweaking campaigns to become profitable, no one is going to open up to you and tell you how to make money in one of the top niches in all of affiliate marketing. you have to do the work and the reading and the tweaking like everyone else.

aj22, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  5. kimberwyn

kimberwyn Peon

Best Answers:
    It sounds like the keyword is to broad. But then again I tried the same thing with targeted keywords and I didnt get a single impression. I really have no idea how people get adword campaigns to even run.

kimberwyn, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  6. NCDE302

NCDE302 Peon

Best Answers:
    i will pay if someone can get me going, so im earning instead of losing......

NCDE302, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  7. Johu

Johu Peon

Best Answers:
    CHOOSE DIFFERENT KEYWORDS!

Plain and simple, if you're not making money on one keyword, get more specific with your keywords. "Ringtones" is hardly specific.

Johu, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  8. Ryanol

Ryanol Peon

Best Answers:
    Keyword arbitrage on "ringtones" you are in for a world of hurt.

David and Goliath type stuff.

Ryanol, Oct 19, 2007 IP
  9. PPCblogger

PPCblogger Peon

Best Answers:
    "Ringtones" is the broadest and highest volume keyword available. Its also the most competitive and hence expensive.

Go more specific, longer tail and lower volume which will invariably have a lower CPC and higher conversion rate.

The ringtones market is tough fullstop. Unless your an expert, or willing to spend a lot of money testing, I would try and find a niche. Or at least a smaller market. ;)

PPCblogger, Oct 19, 2007 IP
  10. gmoore

gmoore Peon

Best Answers:
    I've got a ton of regular and longtail keywords, but my problem is that so many of them are inactive. I guess due to the quality score. A ton of them were active one day, and the next day 98% of them were inactive. Are you all building lots of landing pages that are optimized for specific groups of keywords?

gmoore, Oct 19, 2007 IP
  11. Slippy

Slippy Guest

Best Answers:
    What are you selling? How much are you getting per sale? (and off of what site are you doing this with?)

Slippy, Oct 19, 2007 IP
  12. PPC-Coach

PPC-Coach Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to crack it you need:

- a large budget
    - a lot of patience
    - a system you follow daily

I wouldn't do it if I were a beginner, but I would do it once you get some experience. It's a huge market and there will always be players that don't know what they're doing so take their share away from them.

PPC-Coach, Oct 19, 2007 IP