1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

This forum is stale

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Synchronium, Oct 16, 2007.

1. jdrenterprises

jdrenterprises Guest

Best Answers:
    When I view the "new posts" most are either ads or "I need this" types of posts...

Where is the content? I am new (again) to this forum, and would like to see less advertising, and more content.

And...I am also willing to contribute to that content as well, as soon as I start to see the trend develop so I know it is a productive use of my time.

jdrenterprises, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  2. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'll second the OPs sentiments. I actually used to post on here a lot, but there's only so many times you can tell people not to worry about their PR or there's no magic keyword density % before you get bored of it.

I don't think it's this forum that's at fault, it's just the way forums work in general. As you get more knowlegeable yourself you don't find you're learning anything new.

The best tip I can give is to forget forums if you want to learn 'new' ideas and techiques. Get yourself a decent RSS reader and subscribe to 30-40 of the top SEO blogs. Even then there's lots of recycled info, but a large % is worth reading.

MattUK, Oct 18, 2007 IP
    Synchronium likes this.
  3. Synchronium

Synchronium Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good tip, Matt. Got any decent RSS feeds you can recommend? PM if necessary, so as not to advertise. :p

Unfortunately, that's the best idea of heard, and it's recommending I move away from this forum. Interesting. Rep added.

Synchronium, Oct 18, 2007 IP
    MattUK likes this.
  4. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No problem, it's not classified information :)

I've just gone an export from my Google reader of all of the feeds I subscribe to. All you need to do is to then import this into your reader - hey presto ;)

I don't advocate leaving the forum completely. I still do lots of business here, and offer advice when I can. I just don't have time to spend as long as I used to here.

Attached Files:

MattUK, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  5. Diablos

Diablos Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah I remember when I was new to these forums you helped me out a few times Matt.

The thing I have to stress even though I have stressed it before in thins thread is that I don't have a problem helping newbies I just refuse to help people who have obviously

a)Not searched the forum
    b)asking to basically optimize their site for free
    c)posting two or three lines of very basic common SEO knowledge then saying what do you guys think?

Thanks for the subscription list Matt, very useful.

Diablos, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  6. TheSponge

TheSponge Banned

Best Answers:
    I have to agree...it's become more of a habit for me coming here..but then again I was coming here and reading EVERYTHING...plus Googling things a year ago; so I took in a great deal of knowledge. But now, for me personally, the information just isn't coming in fast enough. Basically I use this forum to look for new directories. I love the idea behind these forums but I guess no one knows anything new lately, or wants to share...either way I understand.

TheSponge, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  7. KEO

KEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    hell yeah, we need some innovation like this one. :D

The truth is, many of noobs here and this is not their fault for being noob. :D I was the one of them before and I did ask those silly questions before too. count me in. ;)

KEO, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  8. MorgansMom

MorgansMom Peon

Best Answers:
    Until just a couple of days ago, I hadn't posted on this forum for months because I couldn't find anything worth replying to and I really didn't have the time to 'dig deep'.

I was a newbie at one point too, but I at least had the common sense to do a simple search before seeking advice instead of wasting time and bandwidth with redundant questions.

On the other hand, posts like this are somewhat amusing. I just roll my eyes and wonder why we all can't get along, although I do agree with both sides. I just don't think we need to be as rude as we are used to being. Using the Internet to protect our anonymity shouldn't give us the excuse to be a jerk. I'm not exactly talking about this thread, but a lot of others I've seen recently.

Anyway, I think an FAQ is a great idea, and also a list of good posts to link to like the Warrior Forum does would be helpful too (since we obviously can't sticky all the good ones). If you're serious about suggesting things though, there's a better place to post your ideas.

MorgansMom, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  9. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    with 240 posts you decided that this forum is stale, this is one of the best forums with the top webmasters of the internet on the prowl, u need to know how to tap them, else you are at the wrong place

COBSolutions, Oct 18, 2007 IP