1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adwords with the keyword in the title?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Sdawg, Oct 15, 2007.

I see some adword ads on google, lets say you search for Bart simpson or something, it automatically puts Bart Simpson in the Ad. How is this done, and I have also seen it show up in the landing page, how is that done also. I want to get that on my ads and landing page, someone with info could you please let me know.

Thanks!

Sdawg, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  2. tzau

tzau Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it has been done manually, but I'm not sure.

tzau, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  3. machix

machix Peon

Best Answers:
    Enter this into your ads,

{Keyword:Default Text}

where Keyword is the search query that will be displayed dynamically. Default text is the phrase that will be shown if the search query exceeds the maximum number of characters allowed. You can use this anywhere in your ad!

Do take note though that the range of the keywords could be very big and you wouldnt want your ad to be showing up in weird titles and words.

machix, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  4. s&ptrader

s&ptrader Peon

Best Answers:
    its called dynamic keyword insertion, you are much better off by singling out keywords and writing your own ad titles to match each keyword.

this is more tedious but in the long-run will get a much better CTR than a generic ad for X number of keywords.

s&ptrader, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  5. samww

samww Peon

Best Answers:
    It is dynamic keyword insertion. From my experience, if you are new to adwords, try not to use this function first. In fact, it is a good tool but you need to have some adwords experience before using it.

samww, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  6. Ryanol

Ryanol Peon

Best Answers:
    {keyword:"the name of your adgroup"} I believe is what you want.

in

{keyword:default value}

Default value= the text you want to insert if the keyword is too long or wont fit I believe?

Ryanol, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  7. CustardMite

CustardMite Peon

Best Answers:
    You probably want to write {KeyWord:Default text}, not {Keyword:Default text} or {keyword:Default text}.

Capitalising the K and W will capitalise every word in the search term, which makes it stand out better.

Be aware, though, that the term in your keyword list is inserted, not the actual search term. For example, if you were bidding on "Simpson" on phrase match, the keyword "Simpson" would be inserted, not Bart Simpson.

CustardMite, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  8. CustardMite

CustardMite Peon

Best Answers:
    Does anyone know how to write a colon and a D without getting a smiley face???

CustardMite, Oct 18, 2007 IP