1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

You are what you write

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Ajeet, Sep 20, 2007.

1. stilloutthere

stilloutthere Peon

Best Answers:
    In addition to all that, English isn't the same everywhere.

A writer who can write fluently and well for an Indian audience may not be able to write something acceptible for an American audience, at least judging by articles in English-language Indian papers. The language is much more flowery, formal, and indirect.

And because I've spent the last year in South East Asia, where most English-language books are published in the UK, I've had the rather jarring experience of reading a book by an American author that has been 'Anglicized' by the UK editors. Imagine my surprise to have an American detective 'Hoover' her apartment. We vacuum in America, but that wouldn't mean anything to an English audience, so it was changed.

So some of those people who respond to ads may be quite articulate in the English spoken in their home country, but don't satisfy the requirements for something that sounds right to an American, UK resident, or Australian.

All this on top of those who think that posting "i can write good english4 u" is going to get them the job, and those who can't follow instructions, such as 'no PMs, please'.

stilloutthere, Sep 24, 2007 IP
    Ajeet likes this.
  2. waxingpoetic

waxingpoetic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hear, hear! Write with gusto!!! It's the way to "dress to impress" for us writers.:D Nicely said...er...written!

waxingpoetic, Oct 17, 2007 IP
    Ajeet likes this.
  3. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I could not agree more!

I have posted several threads looking for writers and editors and received many responses filled with poor grammar, incorrect capitalization, missing punctuation, and even text messaging shortcuts.

"i am a great writer. i will write content 4 u."

Those people are seriously damaging their own professional development and you are doing them a favor by letting them know.

Will.Spencer, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  4. drkirby

drkirby Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm a g00z wr1t3r pl3z h1r3 m3!!!@@$% ;];)

drkirby, Oct 22, 2007 IP
    Ajeet likes this.
  5. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    The OP has got it going :D

Cheap SEO Services, Oct 22, 2007 IP
    Ajeet likes this.
  6. seowritinggroup

seowritinggroup Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post! You are definitely what you write, even if you don't realize it. Even though it's "only" a forum, I always use proper spelling, punctuation, etc. in my posts. I think it gives us writers more credibility later on down the road if buyers are deciding which writers to work with and need to narrow down their choices.

seowritinggroup, Oct 23, 2007 IP
    Ajeet likes this.