1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DMOZ editors can you please clarify?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by LaCabra, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Q. I aplogize if I offended you but what i was trying to avoid is the usual fire fights that happen on DP that is why I asked the editors to respond. I dealt with annie and a few other editors a while back (a year or more) on DP. I didn't know Annie was an ex-editor now. Once again my apologies.

LaCabra, Oct 16, 2007 IP
    Qryztufre and robjones like this.
  2. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    its ok ... its not the end of the world... just didn't want this to turn into. "ODP is corrupt" or "buy your way in" - I'm just looking for answers thats all. Maybe our site doesn't meet their guidelines or someone may have approved it when they shouldn't have. I'm just hoping to get a few answers and if we are at fault fix the problems.

LaCabra, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  3. crowbar

crowbar Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm afraid that honest answers by current editors are always going to result in being twisted into some kind of an attack or tit for tat sniping contest on this forum.

It's almost impossible to stay on topic. There's too much hate and desire for revenge by those who are on the outside of the Directory and have personal grudges. The truth doesn't really matter as much as the ability to "get back" by smearing the Directory and its volunteer editors by using innuendo and outright lies.

You'll be happy to know that I've finally lost my patience and any desire I had to give webmasters some real truth that might help them, and I'll leave you to stew in your hatred.

crowbar, Oct 16, 2007 IP
    robjones likes this.
  4. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Sadly, the same pretty much applies to Ex-Editors as well. For instance, look at your first reply to me in this thread, and then look at Anonymously's post to me here. *I* was the one originally answering the question, and I did not think I was trolling a bit. It's not my fault what I said actually can and does happen.

You are a new member here right? You must have missed all the posts by Anonymously (as of late) and Nebacunezzar (from what I can tell since she created an account) :p

While yes, there are several exeds with some kind of bone to pick, there are many that are nice and still rather helpful. The wrongs on this forum are not one sided. The trolls are on both sides.

Does this mean you are going to stop posting on RZ?

Qryztufre, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  5. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Does it mean you are to re-apply?

Anonymously, Oct 16, 2007 IP
    robjones likes this.
  6. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Now that I know it's a paid directory, no, I do not think so.

Qryztufre, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  7. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Since when is it paid?

LaCabra, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  8. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry La Cabra. That's just noise. There's another thread where he's accusing a pretty well respected SEO of a buncha stuff... it's the other one up at the top of this forum.

As usual he's gotta cross post because being wrong in one thread apparently isnt good enough. LOL :)

robjones, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  9. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    Why don't you start a SEO business? One day you'll be meta for sure. :p

Ivan Bajlo, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  10. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    Did you get paid for your 15 edits?

No, I thought not, neither have I for my 20,000 + not a single penny I am delighted to say I did them all as my unpaid hobby. And incidentally don't want the directory to think in any way of offering financial reward for editing.

Yes we are volunteers; no, as you well know, Q, it is not paid and you are trying to discredit the directory. I am glad to say that it is far bigger than you and if you persuade a couple of webmasters on here that they should not offer their site to ODP then you do them a disservice. Even worse if you persuade them to try and bribe and editor, with your innuendo, than you will do them a greater disservice when they get a lifetime ban. Listen to Rob when he tells you to go and play outside.

Perhaps your descision not to re-apply is a good one.

Anonymously, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  11. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Seemingly it always has been. But do not make a bribe, or offer to list a friends site. Those too things are still taboo. Rather, find a professional link builder/Editor to get you links, and a DMOZ listing will be a perk.

DMOZ as an SEO/Linkbuilding tool, as claimed by an editor!

Though, I do apologize, I seem to have inadvertently toppled the topic at hand...

@Anonymously Sorry, no I did not get paid. I did not know it was an option.

Qryztufre, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  12. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    I don't think you could get paid for fiddling with your own sites, Q. You can go blind on that:p

Anonymously, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  13. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Looks to me like we are moving this conversation where I intended it not to go but could forsee it going that way. I will be requesting this thread be closed as w are not progressing in any matter.

For current editors, if you would like to help me please send me a PM.

As for Qryztufre , you need some serious help! You are doing me a disservice for hijacking my thread and doing many others other a disservice by being so vicious in yoru attacks of DMOZ. If you have such a hardon for them, why don't you just move on with your life and leave people be? You paint the entire project and its editors as bad people. There may be a few bad apples in the bunch but you shouldn't be painting the whole bunch with the same brush.

I'm out!

LaCabra, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  14. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Again, it was the Ex-editors that did help you, and again, it was the editors that took it off topic.

I simply answered the question.

And honestly, till I found out that paying for listings through SEO work was an option, I still had high hopes for the OPEN directory project.

15. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Whatever Qryztufre! Get on with your life!!! Its a real pity that you have to spend your time attacking and verbally abusing people. Why don't you do something positive with your life/posts instead of focusing on such petty issues?

LaCabra, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  16. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Show me where I have attacked anyone within this thread. If you are referring to me saying that its OK for paid listings, then that is seemingly a fact as seen in this thread: DMOZ as an SEO/Linkbuilding tool, as claimed by an editor!

I did not write the guidelines of the site, and it's within those guidelines that say SEO work is OK, at least according to the editors posting here at Digital Point.

So think what you will, I am only stating facts which certain people here are trying to suppress.

17. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

LaCabra, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  18. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Well, I see you understand what a personal attack is. Now show me where I made one. Then show me where I mislead you in any way.

19. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    Same thing happened to me recently, i purchased a site that was DMOZ listed and about 48 hours after taking ownership of it the listing vanished.

So don't ask me what happened there since a change in Whois shouldn't make a difference with a site being listable or not.

sweetfunny, Oct 17, 2007 IP
    Qryztufre likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.