1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$1000 to advertise new site... & $1000 to invest...

Discussion in 'General Business' started by cocoMonkey, Oct 17, 2007.

Alright guys,

2 questions really...

I have a new site. No traffic. I have $1000 to spend on advertising. The top 10 in google for it's main term are 56million results. 4000 backlinks 26 edu links.

The exact phase i want, which has a lot of searches each month, has 56,000 results in google.

How would you get into the top ten with $1000.

Also, question 2...

I have another $1000 to invest in somthing. I dont mind what. Online is best i guess. Any ideas with this.

Thanks for help, rep given for good answers.

Cheers.

cocoMonkey, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  2. Ponynugget

Ponynugget Peon

Best Answers:
    There are plenty of ways to get into the top 10 for the keyword you're targeting -- 56,000 results really isn't a lot of competition and can be easily achieved with your budget. I've found article marketing to be incredibly successful in regards to ranking high in the SEs. I write all the articles myself and they are all published on EzineArticles. The only issue is that the articles will usually drop out of the top 10 within a week, but this is easily fixed by writing another article for that same keyword.

If you don't have time to write articles, there are plenty of people around here that will do it for you (usually around $10 for a 300-400 word article). Give it a shot. :)

All the best mate.

Ponynugget, Oct 17, 2007 IP
    cocoMonkey likes this.
  3. rimravi

rimravi Banned

Best Answers:
    If you have this much to invest I would recommend you to buy some blog posts with the same anchor text and directory submissions for the same anchor text and many more things . Even get an adwords with the same keyword and or buy relevant advertisements on some high traffic sites with the same keyword . May be your site get up within top ten .
    But be relevant always as it will keep you in top 10 otherwise you will lose value

rimravi, Oct 17, 2007 IP
    cocoMonkey likes this.
  4. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can try the following:
    * submit to directories (30-50 USD) (so many people on DP provide this)
    * Get someone to write articles and submit them (150-250 USD) (take a look in copywriting section for writers)
    * Buy advertising on related blogs, sites (200-300 USD) You'll need to hunt for nice/cheap offers. (look in buy/sell forum)
    * Some PPC advertising. Use the PPC forum for that topic...

About that other $1000 , if you have an idea/like something, I can help you develop it...
    regards :)

JEET, Oct 17, 2007 IP
    cocoMonkey likes this.
  5. tamilo

tamilo Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the type of site could affect how the money is spent. Look at what the competition is doing, and do it better.

tamilo, Oct 17, 2007 IP
    cocoMonkey likes this.
  6. muki007

muki007 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not saying to do this, but I always like to send some ppc to my new websites , the reason why is because you can find out what some of the better converting keywords are before jumping into SEO .

You might think one keyword is the best for you, but you dont want to find out after working months or years on it, that it is not the case .

Good luck !

muki007, Oct 17, 2007 IP
    cocoMonkey likes this.
  7. cocoMonkey

cocoMonkey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info everyone!!

Rep given,

I'll edit this later and ask some more questions... as right now i dont have time, just wanted to say a quick thanks :)

cocoMonkey, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  8. cocoMonkey

cocoMonkey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, i was supposed to put 560,000 results! :confused:

Does that take it out of my reach with my $1000 budget?

Top 10 in google?

Cheers

cocoMonkey, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  9. Conkster

Conkster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nobody can really answer this! :) How you spend the $1000 is important but of course so much of it depends on the quality of your site and its content and the niche itself.

I wouldn't think it going from 56,000 to 560,000 is the end of the world. There's only one to find out how hard it will be to rank and that's to start. Remember to add fresh content on a regular basis if you can. Best of luck!

Conkster, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  10. Timby

Timby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As far as investing $1000, I would personally buy an established website that has already done the work you are talking about. Try and find a site making around $100 a month if you can (might cost you more than $1000 though depending on the niche and the seller). Or even purchase a site that has been established, but that you see potential in, something you think you can see yourself taking to the next level! Turn a $1 a day site into a $2 a day site kind of thing.

Timby, Oct 18, 2007 IP