1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogging, how far have you come?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Emperor, Oct 12, 2007.

1. MorgansMom

MorgansMom Peon

Best Answers:
    To answer Emperor's question, I have enjoyed blogging and I've definitely learned a lot. I've achieved some small goals but none of my big ones yet. I think I set them too big to begin with.

To be honest, after I separated from my husband and moved out with my kids, my blogs have all but died. It's extremely difficult to focus enough to write when you've got two rambunctious kids on the loose. In fact, this is my first post on DP in many months. However, being able to make money while I get to stay at home with my kids is something I'm really grateful for.

I think the biggest thing I learned was that you need to be extremely organized to have any kind of success with a blog. Lists and schedules were a godsend for me when I actually used them, I just need to get back into the groove.

MorgansMom, Oct 14, 2007 IP
    Emperor likes this.
  2. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know about the google formula but how much does SERPs play into PR. Sorry for being off the topic. Blogging is great for me but It can be better with money. I'm not making the amounts that I would like to but I see how I might be approaching it. This PR thing is a head scratcher sometimes.

eric8476, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  3. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    That is true is so many levels that it isn't even funny. I gave up on my blogs because I wasn't reaching my goals.
    Organization is very important especially if you want to start making money blogging. Many times I've spent entire days in front of the computer only to realise before I go to bed that I hadn't achieved anything. The day was spent going from one place to the other tackling various problems and resolving very little.

Thanks for your post MorgansMom, it was really informative. :D

Emperor, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  4. MorgansMom

MorgansMom Peon

Best Answers:
    No problem Emperor :)

Another thing I remembered is that outsourcing can also be a huge time saver for someone who has a lot of blogs. For example, you can hire someone else to answer your emails, design your blogs, submit your articles, etc. By getting someone else to do the nasty things you hate, it leaves you more time to do the things you enjoy, like writing for your blog. If you do it right, the investment will definitely pay off.

MorgansMom, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  5. The Emirates Gallastico

The Emirates Gallastico Banned

Best Answers:
    I'll be starting 30-50 blogs soon, so let's hope that they work eh? :p

The Emirates Gallastico, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  6. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes that's true but I'm so cheap that I prefer to do everything myself. :D Maybe when things start taking off I'll start outsourcing some of the work. I saw your blog and it looked really interesting, your theme is very impressive.

Emperor, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  7. etali

etali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of my old sites have died, but I've made new ones, and those are doing OK. For me it just took realising that you can only do so much, and to focus on quality for what you ARE doing, rather than lots of sites that will just get neglected.

etali, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  8. MorgansMom

MorgansMom Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Emperor. If it's my Mamas blog you're talking about, that one has actually been pretty neglected lately. Well, they all have, but that one especially. I just modified the Blix theme to get the look I wanted, although considering I know nothing about that stuff I'm pretty impressed with myself :) I have plans to add some new stuff to it right away.

Etali, I completely agree. I think a few quality blogs are much better than a bunch of crap blogs. Spreading yourself too thin will catch up with you and your blogs pretty quickly. I learned that the hard way.

MorgansMom, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  9. zan23

zan23 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've been blogging for almost a year. I've not made much money at all (still pennies per day :() but they were never designed to make big money in the first place.

To be honest, I'm getting burnt out on blogging. I used to post every 3 days or so, but now I'm posting once a week at best. Sometimes it feels like a chore trying to think up a topic to write about. My posts are 100% unique content and are done by myself only. I envy those who have archives that go back to 2002 and have made a post everyday! :)

I'm quite surprised at the number of subscribers I've got (70) for one of my blogs, I really didn't expect that many were reading my blogs. I guess I will still do occasional updates as to not abandon my readership.

zan23, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  10. Dal

Dal Peon

Best Answers:
    Making money and close to launch our new blog project.

Dal, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  11. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    The secret is "never give up"... Even if you don't post on your blogs regularly don't get rid of them. You might want to start blogging again. I also neglected my for many months until one day I decided to give it another try. Needles to say that it has paid off. I'm making money and enjoying it.

About not having ideas for posts. Remember that just like you everyone that ever visits your blog is a normal internet user. Write about things you like and you'll notice an increase in visits and interest from your side.

Emperor, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  12. maverick123

maverick123 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's been 3 months since i started blogging with nice help form this forum members, i love to blog about Stock Markets(financial markets in general)..it keep me very happy.....i am thouroughly enjoying blogging as an hobby :)

maverick123, Oct 19, 2007 IP
  13. dotWdot

dotWdot Peon

Best Answers:
    Its worth aiming each post at a keyword/phrase - include it loads (not too much), include it as the post slug, in the title etc.

Oh and my blogging is getting there - although It seems to be a labour intensive way to make the money at the moment, month in month out increases keep it worthwhile!

When do you guys think blogging will reach its peak? Will there ever be just too many blogs, or do you believe in rule of abundance?

----------------------
    http://www.criTix.co.uk

dotWdot, Oct 19, 2007 IP
  14. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    I've been blogging for nearly two years and when I started it was already a wide spread trend. Currently I think most blogs created lack quality, they are just there to make a few bucks with Adsense. I might be wrong but in my opinion the peak in terms of quality was reached a long time ago.

Emperor, Oct 19, 2007 IP
  15. evossman

evossman Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been blogging for almost two years now. I've taken some time off here and there. The last few months have been really slow for me in that area. However, I'm still making money :)

I think I've learned a ton along the way and if I could gain some focus and just work on what's worked for me in terms of making money, I think I could make some real headway. (But the keyword there is focus)

evossman, Oct 20, 2007 IP
    Emperor likes this.
  16. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    I've been there :D You'll see one day that will change and you'll start blogging like crazy again.

Emperor, Oct 20, 2007 IP
  17. kanaderohan

kanaderohan Banned

Best Answers:
    i just started, hope i get into the stream soon

i am sucking in all i can to learn blogging correctly and economically

kanaderohan, Oct 20, 2007 IP
    Emperor likes this.
  18. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    We all have to start by learning and only then can we really expect to become successful at something. You'll see that as time passes it will become easier to write posts. :D

The only thing I don't like about blogging is starting new blogs. I get more motivated on my older ones because they've been around for some years. Maybe one of these days I'll buy a old blog that no one wants, who knows.

Emperor, Oct 20, 2007 IP
  19. SuperBlog

SuperBlog Peon

Best Answers:
    I've come a long way but I'm still going, and with that, I still have a huge ways to go! I will not stop until I'm around John Chow or Problogger status. That might take me a couple more years of hard work, but I love blogging with a passion. :)

SuperBlog, Oct 20, 2007 IP
    Emperor likes this.
  20. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    I think we all dream of becoming like those bloggers ;) Who knows maybe one day you'll be the next Problogger ;)

Emperor, Oct 21, 2007 IP