1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best way of Getting Returning Visitors??

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by SupremeKid, Oct 15, 2007.

I actually realised most visitors return to websites because they have the site as one of their 'Favorites' or ' Bookmarks'.

I recently was experimenting on my site and realised positive results: ( http://thelobby.uottawa.net )

However i need help: Do i insert the code for both Adding to Favorites (Internet Explorer) and Bookmarking the page (Firefox) ???

I'm trying to ask which browser is more popular???

SupremeKid, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  2. writingman1421

writingman1421 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I personally Use Firefox, More secure than IE.

However, some people don't feel that way, so you may want to go ahead and do both.

Something Like
    "Add To Bookmarks- Internet Explorer Users"
    "Add To Bookmarks- Firefox Users"

Personally, I think that if the page is good enough, they will bookmark it. I keep all my bookmarks organized and am not swayed with a pretty link that says "Bookmark Me". But then again, that's just me.

writingman1421, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  3. petdam

petdam Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, I always keep my bookmarks organized and when I come accross a good page, I add it to my bookmars so that I can get back to it. But most (if not all) my friends and people I know, never bookmark anything, they just try to remember how they got there (not even the address). So finding a way to make people bookmark your page would be really effective on having them visiting it back.

petdam, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  4. ramiz123

ramiz123 Banned

Best Answers:
    script for adding bookmarks is very useful in this case

ramiz123, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  5. ElvisFan

ElvisFan Peon

Best Answers:
    I find posting a page called latest news works for me. Visitors will keep checking in to see what's new

ElvisFan, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  6. shauvik_bit

shauvik_bit Peon

Best Answers:
    I have rarely come across people who simpl go to bookmark and add the sites there. Very rarely do they click the add button to add the sites. :D

shauvik_bit, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  7. Erind

Erind Peon

Best Answers:
    there used to be a hack around in ie 6.0 that would promt to bookmark... I bet you I can still do it via javascript. Maybe show once randomly in your website... Even make it a start page.

Erind, Oct 16, 2007 IP