1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Frontpage is better than dreamweaver...

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Notting, Oct 15, 2007.

...for designing html newsletters. Due to most mail browsers limited capacity for displaying css properly, frontpage serves me much better.

What I would really like to do though, is turn css off in dreamweaver. How can i do this? And no span classes etc.

Thanks
    Notting

Notting, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  2. story97

story97 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, number 1 frontpage doesn't even exist anymore. it's been EOL from microsoft.

number 2. it has HORRIBLE code placement and standards acceptance. The code that FP put out was not bad, it was awful unless you had really tweaked it, then manually corrected the multitudes of mistakes.

3. it did not adhere to any w3 standards, and the code it created was extremely sloppy.

Now, that being said, Microsoft Expression Web is a great tool. it's compliant, clean and effective. it's css management is great.

story97, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Being that I'd never send anything serious as HTML via e-mail, and have all my mail clients set to show source and/or strip html...

Seriously, is anyone out there still STUPID enough to accept html e-mails anymore?

deathshadow, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  4. jgjg

jgjg Peon

Best Answers:
    very easy to do.

Go to:

Edit > Preferences > General

and uncheck the box 'Use CSS instead of HTML tags'

problem solved.

I know, it was annoying before I figured that out.

Also, another trick is to hold the shift key when you press enter and you will get a <br> tag instead of the anoyong <p></p> tags

Dreamweaver fine for composing email

jgjg, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  5. EMcDonell

EMcDonell Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems like most mail clients are automatically blocking html mail anyway. Hotmail / outlook block everything unless you bug it to "download images". We send all our clients newsletters out dual format html / text anyway.

EMcDonell, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  6. jgjg

jgjg Peon

Best Answers:
    Isn't the new hotmail majorly annoying? There are so many problems with it and you can't set any default settings so you have to click something for like 90% of the messages

jgjg, Oct 15, 2007 IP
    EMcDonell likes this.
  7. EMcDonell

EMcDonell Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I do like the look of it, and it has some nice functionality. But there are some annoyances to viewing html emails. If it's in the junk mail you have to move it into the inbox to click links or view pictures. I guess you can always "add to safe senders" if it's something you don't want to re-click every time.

EMcDonell, Oct 15, 2007 IP