1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Number One Tip

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by witchestower, Dec 7, 2005.

Hi All,

Just joined probably about 90% of the internet publishers and signed upto AdSense, Things looking good so far. Can anyone give me a good pointer in getting more traffic to our site rather that paying for advertisements, Are there any sites you can suggest that people are searching for these days that i can put in my meta tags etc.

witchestower, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  2. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not that easy.

Find a keyword/phrase that your website has a relation to. And create a page about that. Then make sure you do good onpage SEO to it, link to it from the rest of your pages and move on. Oh and get links from other sites to yours, especially your new pages. :hint: write about something and promenently link to a blog that covers that subject. They might just link back to you for being listed on thier site.

Oh and people don't search for sites as much as they do useful information. So make your information useful and easy to find/define.

Such Great Heights, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  3. SEO_AM

SEO_AM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ah.... ah... can anybody suggest how I can make some money online without having to do anything or be derserving of what I can get? I just want to get money like the rest of you guys that are just playing at this Internet thing. Please tell me your instant success secrets.... please!

SEO_AM, Dec 7, 2005 IP
    alang likes this.
  4. earncef

earncef Guest

Best Answers:
    The big plyers are doing their work and deserve what they earn unlike you who doesnt want to do anything.

earncef, Dec 7, 2005 IP
    blackbug likes this.
  5. techlh

techlh Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally, I'd be surprised if 20% of Internet publishers knew how to use AdSense to any sort of advantage...

techlh, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  6. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    Geting good traffic is being increasingly difficult since search engines are slow to index, picky, and rely off wierd algoritims that make it hard for newbies to get good rankings for anything.

I recommend trying to optimize for MSN using mispelled keywords and using lots of keyword redundancy.

IamNed, Dec 7, 2005 IP
    compostannie likes this.
  7. EngLee

EngLee Peon

Best Answers:
    The easiest thing you can do to get some traffic is to add your site to your signature in this forum. :)

EngLee, Dec 8, 2005 IP
  8. FFMG

FFMG Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I seriously doubt that such a high percent of web publishers singed up to Adsense.
    A lot of websites don't want/need the extra revenue.
    For some it might even be a bad choice, it depends on the business.

This is not so simple, if your site is about "rubber chickens" then there is no point in putting "home loan" in your meta-tag.
    Search engines are not so easily fooled, yes some might look at the meta-tag, but most will compare it with the site content itself.
    And if things are not right you will soon find yourself at the bottom of the pile.

One of the way of creating a good site is to add _good_ content, content related to your site, and don't worry about everything else for a while.
    Remember you need to be patient, sadly the big search engines only reward sites that have proven themselves, (do a search on "sandbox" for example).

FFMG

FFMG, Dec 8, 2005 IP
  9. smetten

smetten Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to say, but what a poooooooooor post.

I think the secret of their "instant" (-->yeah right) success is hard work and dedication...

Greetz

Smetten

smetten, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  10. SEO_AM

SEO_AM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Smetten... I know English is likely your second language, but you should look up the meaning of "joke". You missed this one.

SEO_AM, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  11. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:

Too bad search engines no longer use metatags or I would be number one and raking in the $$$ Ah the good ol days wehn metatags worked.

IamNed, Dec 9, 2005 IP
    mark1 likes this.
  12. FFMG

FFMG Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Really? I was under the impression that MSN was still using it, (with the body of the page itself), to help it classify the page.

FFMG

FFMG, Dec 10, 2005 IP
  13. webyp

webyp Banned

Best Answers:
    The best thing you can do is to get links from directories or other sites. E.g you can set up a signature here as someone said.

webyp, Dec 10, 2005 IP
  14. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    how many red you got from that joke? I'd learn my lesson before, to not make a joke in Adsense forum. You can make joke on GD though

alang, Dec 10, 2005 IP
    sachin410 likes this.
  15. Crusader

Crusader Peon

Best Answers:
    The best and only tip that works extremely well with Adsense is this:

Ready?

Create a quality site that provides useful information to your visitors

That's the golden rule. All those high earners (at least those that keep getting high income) from AdSense have spend hours and hours creating good quality sites. The result, people will want to visit your site, and if there's an ad that interest them they are more likely to click on it.

Crusader, Dec 10, 2005 IP
  16. SEO_AM

SEO_AM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Crusader... I agree totally. If your site/page has credibility in the eyes of the visitor you are more likely to give more credence to any ads you may be displaying. With credence/trust comes clicks.

SEO_AM, Dec 11, 2005 IP
  17. liquidboy

liquidboy Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree on crusader.. A high quality site with high quality content in a niche market will guarantee high ctr's and now high cpm's.

My sites only 2mths old and i started it with no drive to make money. I just wanted a popular site.. Knocked it up in a month am getting maybe 100uniques a day but am earning probably 10-20 bucks a day and alot from cpm (direct advertising).. Go figure?? :)

liquidboy, Dec 11, 2005 IP
  18. stisoon

stisoon Peon

Best Answers:
    If you dont mind me asking, how many hours did you invest in specifically growing your traffic to 100 unique a day for your site? Did you submit to hundreds of directories, forum postings with sigs, paid for advertising? Im asking becuase ive started a site and need to grow my traffic.

stisoon, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  19. ahearn

ahearn Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with crusader too. Even after you've got a good useful site that gives visitors something they want or need, the work has just begun. Success comes not from any one thing; it comes from doing a lot of small things -- and having the patience to see them through. I have seen a number of web sites with good potential fail because the owner bailed out too soon.

ahearn, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  20. donkeybrain

donkeybrain Peon

Best Answers:
    Witchestower: Here is the true secret to almost instant success: work 14 hour days, 7 days a week (including all holidays) on your website for two solid years. In the third year, CUT BACK to 12 hour days. By then, you should have some of the desired instant success. All the successful AdSense publishers have done this and if you are not willing to do this:) , oh well...

donkeybrain, Dec 12, 2005 IP