1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is There A Way To Delete My Account Here @ DP?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by www.AmCy.org, Dec 7, 2005.

Hi All:

I would like to have my DP account deleted. Is this possible? Can anyone help me to remove my account and all my posts?

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  2. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest contacting DigitalPoint himself, directly. He will be able to help you deal with the matter further.

fsmedia, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  3. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    OK. I'm off to bed now. I'll see what I can do tomorrow. Thanks.

AmCy

4. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Hey, what happened? Why are you leaving like this? :confused:

fryman, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Ditto that.

digitalpoint, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  6. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    I'm a bit worried about the safety of my web projects--which are all very important to me--and certain folks in here are...well...making me uncomfortable. Nothing overt, just behavior that makes me wonder...

I think it would be better for me to hang out @ DP as an anonymous guest.

AmCy

7. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Wow, talk about being paranoid... :D

Woudln't changing your username help?

fryman, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Agreed... you could change your username and not advertise them in your signature. :)

9. Dirkjan

Dirkjan The Dutch SEO Guy

Best Answers:
    Did something happen that I know nothing about?

Dirkjan, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  10. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    Paranoid? Yep! But a healthy paranoia, IMO.

I don't think that the username thing would work becaue I have linked to quite a few of my sites of the past year. I just want all those links and references gone.

AmCy

11. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I find this very odd. I have to say though that the moment you release anything on the web you run the risk of copycatting. The more succcesfull the site, the more the risk of copycatting. If you post in forums for help and advice, the more the chance of copycatting increases.

It would be wrong though to join a forum, participate until you are happy you have all you need, and then decide that 'all your posts are belong to me' ;) and that you need to up and leave.

The one thing you need in business is confidence, if you are not confident in your own ability to push your project ahead of some copycatter, then you should seriously wonder if you have all the attributes needed to run a successfull business. I am not crticising you here, the opposite is true. For may years I ran with the very same principle as you, worried for 'my babies' and that some nasty man would steal them away. The moment I changed mindset to yes cmon then, copy me as you will, because I am developing all the time, and if copying is all you have got,then I am safe! I stopped worrying about it, and concentrated on running the business. I started to post on various forums, and in fact give away quite a lot of information for free. I can honestly say I haven't looked back since (although that might be something to do with the rear ending I got while driving home one night :D )

Old Welsh Guy, Dec 7, 2005 IP
    digitalpoint likes this.
  12. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    I Agree with the Welsh guy... your request is just plain weird

fryman, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  13. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    Heh...Those domain names for sale in my SIG are no big deal to me. I'm worried about my developed sites. I've worked so hard (carpal tunnel is surely in my future) to get them to the point where they are now doing well and will most likely do great things in the near future. I don't want anything to jeapordize my hard work. My AdSense account has already been disabled (probably my own fault, but who knows) and some nutcase went out of his way to try and shut down my flagship blog because of a post I made in Usenet. He also assured me that he would get my AdSense account disabled and threatened to come to my house and do me harm! I wasn't scared by the threats. I was scared because he was very close to succeeding @ ruining my project. He came very close to convincing GoDaddy that I was a common spammer; had he succeeded, all my GoDaddy names would have be deleted!

Paranoid? Yeah, I am. I've seen how folks can use IP cloaking to do their dirty work. A guy used IP cloaking to cheat in my free domain name contest, so I am writing from experience. The only way I was able to detect the cheat was because he made a careless mistake with his numerous email addresses.

So, maybe I was foolish to link to my websites over these months, but I basically want to correct my mistakes, and clear the slate.

I think DP is great. I've learned plenty here and I've referred 7 members. But I think my sites would be safer if I got rid of this account. Sorry to be a pain.

AmCy

14. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:

Copycats are the least of my worries. With copycats, it's easy to prove who copied what, so I really don't care about that.

AmCy

Dirkjan likes this.
  15. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It probably would be easier to just do a find/replace on the domain via a SQL statement than go through and delete every post one by one. Gimme the domains and I can strike them out historically.

16. Old Welsh Guy

Best Answers:
    AMCy, you obviously have problems then. But I don'[t see what deleting your posts here is going to do to help you. I mean if a black hatter is going to bring your site down, be it by getting you filtered via dupe content filter cloaking or other means, as long as you are appearing in the serps for their phrases they are going to do it anyhow. If you are not a threat, then they will not be bothered.

I am presuming that your concerned you might make it easy for someone to maliciously damage you by being able to identify your sites. They could of course do a who is search and track down all the domains you own, or even run a script that will tell them all the domains hosted on the same server as yours. A quick who is check will then identify your sites. That is certainly the way I would go about it.

17. Mister Tut

Mister Tut Guest

Best Answers:
    AmCy, Far be it from me to tell you your fears are completely unfounded, but DP ain't usenet. Your Usenet stalker already knows all about you apparently, and removing your posts here won't change that.

Anyway, I doubt Ninno or yfs1 are going to come knocking on your door.

Mister Tut, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  18. Old Welsh Guy

Best Answers:
    YFS no but I think Ninno is a definite possibility :D

Anyhow, they will both have to get me because all her sites are belong to me ;)

Hodgedup likes this.