1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paid Directories, Where Are You?

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by Jim4767, Oct 14, 2007.

Is it just my imagination, or have most of the well-established paid directories gone silent recently in this forum? Are those owners just choosing to sit on the sidelines, waiting to see what Google is up to?

Jim4767, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  2. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Everyone is silent. People are scared. There are many idiots around DP these days and its better to say nothing if you cant say anything nice at all:)

mikey1090, Oct 14, 2007 IP
    MeetHere likes this.
  3. leede

leede Guest

Best Answers:
    People are waiting to see wht the big G has instored for the paid directories.

leede, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  4. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I suppose that's true of us paid directory submitters as well the owners. I'm currently in a holding pattern on paid submissions, awaiting some resolution of whatever it is that's taking Google so long to work out.

Jim4767, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  5. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No Jim its not your imagination but for sure (it is not because of G that is not relevant), what is relevant is that there is a wrotten caucus of members here that want to vilify directory owners at every chance almost entirely without any justification, moreover this is all done without being able to support their negative contributions, this forum has lost its purpose and direction of late and its not based on anything other than the negative elements who want to disrupt and ridicule other hard working members who have worked hard and diligently

Is there any single reason why those missing members would want to come back to DP ?

Under present circumstances I certainly don't see any reason why they would want to return here :eek:

britishguy, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  6. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If paid directories follow the G webmaster guidelines there would be no issues. I dont see people not submitting to yahoo! directory...

mikey1090, Oct 15, 2007 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  7. adnan

adnan Peon

Best Answers:

What I think is that alot of the directory owners are resorting to other ways to promote their directories, then from forums.

I don't hang out too much at these forums either, just recently re-started, to get some initial exposure to my DJ.

Here's an alternative where established directories are getting some exposure

http://www.directoryjunction.com/established-directories/

adnan, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  8. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Jim
    I knew -someone would ask this question somewhere.
    There is nothing about Google in this particular scenario. What Pete (biritishguy) says is 110% true.

Of late DP's directory section has lost its purpose - it is no longer a section to discuss things, a breeding ground for new directory owners or a place where one can learn the naunces of how to become a successful directory owners.

There are some people who have personal agenda of destroying the reputation of individual directory owners and their directories. What more - with their threads - they try to paint a villainous pictre of the industry so that Google have bad impressions on them ( Yes I believe Googlers monitor DP and directory section).

But established directory owners have gone silent not because of that --

I believe - it is part of their corrective measures that they have become silent. HOW?

Well- so far --anyone ABCD would buy a domain and install a script and announce it here on DP. In order to encourage them - established directory owners would do some paid submission. This way --lots of directories were coming up every month -and most of them were by people who were after few quick bucks.

I am very happy that those established directory owners are no longer here - it is indirectly discouraging people t go for quick bucks.

I would be very interested to see how many directories are announced during October as now people know that - they will have to get established firs to get some rewards.

O fcourse - people wth genuine intentions and long-term plans will always open directories -- but as $$$$$$$ have dried up- it will be interesting to see how things unfold during next few months of 2007 I believe established drectory owners would not readily patronage new directories unless they know the owners very well.

NO MORE EASY $$$ for wannabe directory owners.

jhnrang, Oct 15, 2007 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  9. Marty_

Marty_ Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi all
    Please excuse my ignorance here, but is it that G might penalize paid links thats been discussed here ie: apart from the opening remarks of course.

Marty_, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  10. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not really any point in discussing anything directory related here on DP anymore, far too many ill advised fools attacking directories just for the sake of it.

Most of us will keep working hard, making improvements for better long term developments.

I myself have 2 new directories that I won’t be announcing on here because of all the unfounded rubbish that the anti Directory craw dishes out on DP.

Thanks Brian

Brian1970, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  11. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The change in income for directories will only make anyone willing to, work even harder, theres nowt like the worry of money to make you put in even more effort and do even better than you already had been.

Regarding people being away from the forums more i personally feel its better to still hang around often enough, even if you dont want to post as much but still read and keep up to date, if you were a regular here before then theres no reason not to still be, you dont want to give the impression to people that you crawl under a rock and hide at the first sign of something wrong.

But if your just away because your so damn busy doing what you have to then i take my hat off too you.

When your being attacked by people on a forum you just need to put your adult hat on, you should be able to handle a few sarcastic and rude comments, if someone does that it doesn't make you look bad it makes the person doing it look juvenile an not in control.

You cant avoid troubles from other people on forums, stand your ground and stay active if you previously were. Its just business as usual, never easy, but always a solution.

pipes, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  12. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    For what? Quick buck solutions? I think a fragmentation grenade would be a little more approriate.

workshop, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  13. Red_Virus

Red_Virus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well one thing that is absolutely correct that the $$$ have dried out & there is not a quick buck to be made with directories now, U have to work hard to make your directories successful.

I love DP. I really don't find any forum better than DP & I learn a lot each day here. :)

Amit.

Red_Virus, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  14. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hi workshop, in past posts im usually mentioning how i never i argue on forums, i want to stick to that, il leave you to it and wont interfere in any thread that you post on.

*Backing away*

pipes, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  15. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    As it is usually the case, I've yet to shut my mouth.. What do you want to know?

Mia, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  16. sabian1982

sabian1982 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm expanding my operation from directory domination to world domination - thus far it has been a lot more time consuming! :p

sabian1982, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  17. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing specific. As a regular directory submitter, I've simply noticed that the Solicitations and Announcements offers by well-established, paid directories have dropped to a trickle. Not being a directory owner, I was curious as to the reasons. A lot of posts above have offered opinions on that.

Jim4767, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  18. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    We're well established, and still solicit offers...

Mia, Oct 18, 2007 IP