1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Expiring domain name pr

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by NYC99, Dec 7, 2005.

Hi guys

I wanted to know if any members had any info on the effect of pr of an expiring domain.

I have been offered a PR7 website that is pending deletion for $500 and was just wondering whether it is worth it?

Is it possible for the pr to disappear after the transfer?
    Can pr be taken away before a Pr update?

Any ideas?

NYC99, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  2. dotcomguy

dotcomguy Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends, goto http://www.marketleap.com/publinkpop/ check how many backlinks the domain still has and check if those links are still live across the pages. If the links are still there then, its a good chance the pr will stay. Google usually updates PR every 3 months (well toolbar PR) so it's diffucult to weight up.

Also check what the pagerank prediction is or "future" pagerank is http://www.seochat.com/seo-tools/future-pagerank/ . This basically checks at googles other data centres,

Hope this helped.

dotcomguy, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  3. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    PR is based mainly on links - and then mainly on in-bound links. If they remain, so should the PR. I would do a backlink check on the domain foremost. Second, I would develop a quick plan to keep the development of the site going.

wrmineo, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  4. vlasta

vlasta Peon

Best Answers:
    I think people should not pay for PR. Does the site receive targeted traffic from search engines? That is much more relavant property.

Anyone can get a pr7 by buying few links during toolbar update...

vlasta, Dec 7, 2005 IP
    wrmineo likes this.
  5. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    Solid points vlasta.

I'd much rather have a PR3 that gets over 10,000 visitors a day than a PR7 that gets no visitors per day.

wrmineo, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  6. alien

alien Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But without pr you don't get higher ranking in google...... results so PR is the factor and I think people will and should pay for it.

alien, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  7. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's not true - PR doesn't effect your SERPs. As has already been pointed out, take expired domain traffic over PR any time. Its a lot more subtle just raw PR - you have to factor in many things, from usability to proffesional value.

Dio, Dec 7, 2005 IP
    alien likes this.
  8. vlasta

vlasta Peon

Best Answers:
    When Google introduced PR, it actually meant something, because the rating was based on natural web structure development. Nowadays PR is mostly artifical and its value is diminishing. The more people "buy" PR, the less relevant factor it becomes. Google is not stupid.

So, go ahaed, buy some PR and make it less relevant, owners of low-PR sites will thank you. :p

vlasta, Dec 7, 2005 IP
    alien likes this.