1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Worst Operating System Yet!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by AAZZ, Oct 14, 2007.

Hello,

I just got this beefed up computer a few days ago. It is amazing, except that it got a fule flaw. It has windows vista!

Vista's got like 3 SP's, not much different than xp but it got like 500 updates after that! It is imcompatible with everything! I try installing me softwares and 90% of them are incompatible with vista. WTF! Turns out that they got this new thing called 'aero' in vista. It makes your OS soooo slower. Even if you desable aero, it still eats up around 1 Gig of your ram and still slower than xp.

Right now I have like 100 processes running, for doing nothing. I come in and have so many processes running on a new computer, new windows. Thats a bit too much.

I have halo on PC, word good on vista, thank god. I go out there and buy halo 2. Guess what? IT IS IMCOMPATIBLE WITH VISTA!!!

Vista is more secure though. It has windows firewall, user account protector which keeps on popping up every second which says Hello,

I just got this beefed up computer a few days ago. It is amazing, except that it got a fule flaw. It has windows vista!

Vista's got like 500 updates after that! It is imcompatible with everything! I try installing me softwares and 90% of them are incompatible with vista. WTF! Turns out that they got this new thing called 'aero' in vista. It makes your OS soooo slower. Even if you desable aero, it still eats up around 1 Gig of your ram and still slower than xp.

Right now I have like 100 processes running, for doing nothing. I come in and have so many processes running on a new computer, new windows. Thats a bit too much.

OK, i download firefox, doesn't work. It crashes every 5 seconds! I have halo on PC, works good on vista, thank god. I go out there and buy halo 2. Guess what? IT IS IMCOMPATIBLE WITH VISTA!!! THe shop keeper has no return policy, so what now? :mad:

Vista is more secore though. It has windows firewall, user account protector. Account protector is that annoying pop-up that keeps on saying cancel or allow, cancel or allow, cancel or allow, cancel or allow, each and every time you open anything! That Mac ad on tv wasn't kidding.

Overall Vista is:
    -slower
    -its more secure because it has all those annoying pop-ups. cancel or allow, ancel or allow, cancel or allow
    -Looks nicer, good graphics.

And thats about it. So if you spend $300 on vista you get incompatibility and more bugs! Take my advice, Don't Get VISTA!

Please don't forget to add your comments.

-Thanks

AAZZ, Oct 14, 2007 IP
    sachin410 likes this.
  2. qazu

qazu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What? Three SPs? Vista SP1 hasn't even been released yet! The worst OS by far has got to be DOS! :p

qazu, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  3. yogesh sarkar

yogesh sarkar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Neah, that crown goes to Windows ME.

yogesh sarkar, Oct 14, 2007 IP
    thegreenblob likes this.
  4. ishan

ishan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It happens with every new OS, it will take some time before all softwares are compatible, right now you should search for alternatives to the ones which are incompatible. Microsoft recommends a gig of RAM , I guess 3-4 Gig should make your PC as fast as good old XP.

Or, you can use an alternative. Install the latest XP with SP2. Go to windowsxlive.com or something like that & get Vista Transformation Pack 7 , to turn your XP into Vista , without any performance problems or incompatibility problems.

I have tried it & it looks & works really good.

ishan, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  5. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I installed a Vista box a couple weeks back that shipped with 512 mb of ram. 300 mb of the ram was being used at all times and the system dragged. I popped a 1 gig stick in it and off it went - faster then ever before.

I'm not happy with Vista. I'll stick with XP as long as I can...

snowbird, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  6. cicero

cicero Peon

Best Answers:
    Lmao. I dont completely seem to agree with you.( THough I agree on speed and compatibility ).

Most of my apps work well in VIsta so I dont really mind.

NOTE : Your comp would tend to lag with VIsta if you are using Pentium 4 :p

cicero, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  7. pollopesca

pollopesca Peon

Best Answers:
    For Halo 2 Vista I used an XP hack to play/install in XP. It ran so much better since Vista wont recognize any of my graphic drivers. And like you said Vista sucks ram more then any OS, witch is no good when I’m running 3D apps that need every GB they can get.

Transformation Pack 7 is kind of like a theme file for XP, right? There’s a lot of new UIs for XP now. I’ve been using a theme called noire for the past 3 months and it looks better then vista in my opinion.

And ME still is at top as worst OS in my book.

pollopesca, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  8. Pauline

Pauline Peon

Best Answers:
    lol at DOS.

Pauline, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  9. cool_78

cool_78 Guest

Best Answers:
    Ditto for Windows ME as being the worst OS released by Microsoft.

cool_78, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  10. mrcrowley

mrcrowley Peon

Best Answers:
    Vista will rule the roost one day when all the problems fixed. Dos rules! :p

mrcrowley, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  11. Ljiljan

Ljiljan Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Vista over 2 months now... and i have to say that i have no problems at all! By the way i think that DOS rules too :)

Ljiljan, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  12. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You fool, that's the base of Windows.

EGS, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  13. chickens

chickens Peon

Best Answers:
    First I've gotta respond to the comment about Windows still being based on Dos. This is no longer the case. The last OS to be based on DOS was Windows (Kill) ME. XP and Vista are based on Windows NT with a DOS emulator.

I consider Vista to be Window ME 2.0 as it is just as bad. If you buy a new computer with the sucker installed it works okay. However, if you try to install it yourself you are in for a ton of trouble. ME was this way as well. I know several people who ran ME successfully for many years because it was preinstalled on their system.

Businesses are avoiding Vista as there is no real benefit to upgrading, only drawbacks.

I suggest avoiding Vista at this point in time. I hope that in time they will fix some of the issues, but I doubt it.

chickens, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  14. viperxx

viperxx Peon

Best Answers:
    i still remember back in the days when people were complaining about winxp being bad and sticking with win98

just give vista some time and it will be just as stable as xp.

viperxx, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  15. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Windows ME for the win on that one for sure. There are in fact a wide range of things that aggravate me about Vista as well. I am holding out until January when they release sp1. Hopefully it will sort out a range of issues. Until then, I am going to stick with xp64.

What really chaps my ass is directX 10. I don't like having my hands tied. If you want to play newer games at their available resolution or quality, you have to buy vista.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  16. froggyboy604

froggyboy604 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know. I'm not really of fan of mac's OS.

froggyboy604, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  17. j_o

j_o Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think that vista is the worst OS but it is definatly close

j_o, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  18. AAZZ

AAZZ Active Member

Best Answers:
    I hope they improve it soon, without any BUGS! Microsoft has always released its OS with bugs.

AAZZ, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  19. chickens

chickens Peon

Best Answers:
    So does Apple and Linux. All operating systems suck, its just the nature of the beast.

chickens, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  20. PaidForumPosting

PaidForumPosting Banned

Best Answers:
    What MS releases as the live version most other companies release as a beta. Vista should still be in testing-there is no way it should have been release when so little runs on it.

I got brand new, high spec laptop, shipped with Vista, no option for XP. I gave up after six weeks when it kept crashing, wouldn't install my drivers, my software, and firefox hung every hour or so and needed restarting.

XP is at least stable.

PaidForumPosting, Oct 19, 2007 IP