1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pixel Trick

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Tom_e_rock, Dec 6, 2005.

I've read about the pixel trick in many tutorials, but don't see any posts about you top SEO's doing it.

Basically instead of using a text link, you use a an image link. This image compromises of a 1x1 pixel transparent gif. I believe you can backlink with banners, so whats the problem with using a little pixel as a backlink?

When I check my backlinks on sites, I see all the sites with pixel trick showing up.

Any thoughts?

Tom_e_rock, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  2. rmccarley

rmccarley Peon

Best Answers:
    *When* the SEs catch on, you're busted. It isn't worth resorting to gimicks like this unless you have a throw-away domain.

rmccarley, Dec 6, 2005 IP
    digitalpoint likes this.
  3. Chetan

Chetan Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to hide anything from search enings, you are doing wrong. One day they will catch you and banned you for sure. If you wwant to run for long time play ethical.

Chetan, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  4. Voasi

Voasi Active Member

Best Answers:
    You don't find other SE's taking about it because it's sorta a "black hat" technique. You won't get other sites to display your "link", so you'll have to create your own network of sites to do this with. And because of that, a lot of black hatters find quicker methods to get links.

Probably the most important aspect is the anchor text. You won't be getting any anchor text love if you're using image.

Voasi, Dec 7, 2005 IP