1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Silverlight 1.0

Discussion in 'Bing' started by Ozzie, Sep 29, 2007.

1. pollopesca

pollopesca Peon

Best Answers:
    So Silverlight is easier to make and has a higher quality, eh… perhaps I should look into this one.

pollopesca, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  2. liquidboy

liquidboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Silverlight is definetely gonna be a big competitor to Flash and AIR sooner than what most people think. This is why i believe it will become mainstream sooner than later:

1. Developers specializing in Microsoft development languages are in desparate need of a technology that will rival FLASH and let them use their microsoft coding knowledge. There are millions of developers out there that will find silverlight a natural language compared to the other microsoft languages they already know. There are millions of ms developers that will unleash silverlight applications to the world (may be a good thing and a bad thing)

2. Microsoft are teaming up with some big entertainment industry names with very big websites and user bases. Getting them to build silverlight applications and distributing the application to there userbase will see the silverlight pluggin installed on millions of desktop browsers, rivaling flash's distribution. eg. BBC website and New York Times are building silverlight applications that will feature on there main pages hence normal websurfers that frequent these sites will be requested to download the pluggin.

3. From playing with SilverLight (since the first beta release) im excited with what i see. True that it doesn't match flashes arsenal of functions but thats not a bad thing. It has alot of useful media functionality that will let you build cool media applications. Silverlight 1.1 is the next version and it really is a powerful upgrade to the current release silverlight 1.0. With 1.1 you can build amazing web applications that will deliver amazing web applications. Some say, me being one of them, silverlight 1.1 will foster in a new wave of applications that will reinvent the web.

4. Microsoft at it's heart is a software company, they create amazing software. Despite what you may think they are the best software churning house out there! Adobe and Flash have nothing on Microsoft when it comes to building software. With Microsoft behind Silverlight im pretty sure the technology will far exceed anyones expectations!

5. The developer support network for Silverlight is awe inspiring. There is so much love from within microsoft and outside for this technology. Microsoft create great developer support networks for all there products, Silverlight is definetely a loved product. I'm blown away with the support i receive from both microsoft employees and outsiders. They have learnt from history that developers are key to a successful product.

Anyway everyone should learn about SilverLight... It's gonna be one of those buzz words that will define the next evolution of the web (and im not calling it web 3.0)

liquidboy, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  3. Ozzie

Ozzie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your interesting and positive comments. What you are saying sounds as good as what Microsoft advertises about Silverlight. You've written quite a testimonial for it!

Ozzie, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  4. Digital_Developer

Digital_Developer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are a great copywriter :) And thats a compliment

Digital_Developer, Oct 16, 2007 IP
  5. chakli

chakli Peon

Best Answers:
    I want to know more about silverlight can anyone give me a link?

chakli, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  6. Divisive Cottonwood

Divisive Cottonwood Peon

Best Answers:
    Divisive Cottonwood, Oct 17, 2007 IP