1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google has a big flaw

Discussion in 'Google' started by SlickR, Oct 13, 2007.

Yes and i don't understand why are they becoming such protective towards big companies websites!?

What I'm talking about?
    Well Google doesen't allow for paid links, link exchanging, linking "spammer" sites and so on...
    Google says you need unique content that will gain popularity fast and gather natural links. But they are sooo wrong. Big shot websites do not link to smaller PR sites and even if they do they will put a no follow tag on it.

So all that bullshit about natural quality backlinks falls into water.

How many times have you seen a PR6+ websites linking to websites they find their news or articles on? -Never, they usually mask it as theirs or if they somehow link it they will put a no follow tag on it.

So if you are starting a new site how are you to increase PR without link exchanging i ask them?

Yes sure 1 out of 1000 small sites may get lucky and get a link from a bigger PR6+ site but that is something really lucky.

Furthermore it is smaller sites that link to bigger sites every time. So all in all Google logic falls deep in the water.

I ask now is google getting payed to protect big shot websites and spread this policy or on what reasons it is continuing to spread these policies!?

SlickR, Oct 13, 2007 IP
    shaunclark likes this.
  2. story97

story97 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's absolutely untrue. Big news sites do NOT 'mask' anything. if they did they'd be getting sued weekly for copyright infringement.

And I've had my site linked from Rushlimbaugh.com and michellemaulken.com when they used my site for research and it's a small site. It's extremely rare that any large, legit site would do that, or they wouldn't be large, or legit.

If you've got some examples and could prove that I'd be interested in changing my stance. but I don't think you'll find any

story97, Oct 13, 2007 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  3. johngodfrey122

johngodfrey122 Peon

Best Answers:
    Why do people so often take a view that google and their policies has to be fair and equitable to everyone?

They are a business and can essentially do what they want. They have no obligation to be fair in how they rank pages or anything else, they obviously do what is best for their business model and if that is having only major companies get the high rankings then they are going to do that.

johngodfrey122, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  4. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    You could look at it the other way and say it was unfair for people to buy thier way to the top of google with paid links also.

I would rather have google stop the smart pricing on adsense.

rcj662, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  5. darsh999

darsh999 Peon

Best Answers:
    gogle is a business.... nd its their policy.

there ways ... watever they want..however they want.. they have it!

darsh999, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  6. SlickR

SlickR Active Member

Best Answers:
    Because there are laws and things like protecting consumers, free market and so on...
    Monopoly and company free will is not an option, if it were we'd all be buying overpriced everyhting from technology to food and all made by few monopoly companies. So in short why are you even defending google?
    What kind of benefit do you have with google current policies?

SlickR, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  7. hostacon

hostacon Peon

Best Answers:
    They are making $ billions a year and you are criticizing them? Show me your multi-billion dollar company and then we'll talk :)

hostacon, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  8. SlickR

SlickR Active Member

Best Answers:
    LOL i better be average but have my pleasures on a spiritual level instead of richness!

SlickR, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  9. story97

story97 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's absolutely the way it is. But people are so use to cheating and cutting corners they'll start believing they have a right to abuse a system

story97, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  10. xc06

xc06 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google is free to do what they like to do but we can choose not to use it. :)

xc06, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  11. sussane

sussane Active Member

Best Answers:
    its not that big as u r thinking.

sussane, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  12. Sacredhoops

Sacredhoops Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Reason 131 why you should not trust or rely on Google and google alone. They are and will do what they want! Google always wins...so you better just start following their policies.

Sacredhoops, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  13. aditya_sfs

aditya_sfs Peon

Best Answers:
    Its already a big topic discussed everywhere on the internet. Yes its a flaw with google.

aditya_sfs, Oct 13, 2007 IP
    shaunclark likes this.
  14. billybw

billybw Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is trying to prevent crappy worthless sites from getting undeserved high rankings because that lowers the quality of their SERPs.

billybw, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  15. gsfl4u2

gsfl4u2 Banned

Best Answers:
    i dont really know whats going on so ill keep my mouth shut

gsfl4u2, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  16. SuperBlog

SuperBlog Peon

Best Answers:
    Big sites don't mask things, otherwise that would be illegal to try and take someone else's content and put it off as there own. Yes, I agree with you, some of them use nofollow tags (which they have perfect right to do), but a lot of them don't. Actually, most of the PR 5's, 6's, and 7's I know don't use nofollow when they link out to others.

As for Google not counting selling and buying links, I perfectly understand that. Those are NOT real links. They are links that are there only for earned money, not because the site owner is really linking to it, genuinely. Google is only trying to make their search results better. Buying links and pointing keywords at your site is just pushing your way to the top unnaturally. However, just because I can see why Google is doing it, that doesn't mean I think it's wrong to participate in purchasing links.

SuperBlog, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  17. simey

simey Active Member

Best Answers:
    The web is just evolving to be like the rest of the world. i.e. the rich get richer.

But if you really have a good idea, you still may have a chance....

A 'big' site can, and has been punished for a while at least. For real, or for show, who knows...

simey, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  18. enquiries0009

enquiries0009 Banned

Best Answers:
    It is already monopoly. But just to decrease their competition it is doing like this way.

enquiries0009, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  19. IEmailer.com

IEmailer.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah its a monopoly already thats for sure, but they are doing a grate business and they deserve it.

IEmailer.com, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  20. sussane

sussane Active Member

Best Answers:
    this flaw is circulating in wild, i hope hackers won't make it first ...

sussane, Oct 14, 2007 IP