1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

May retire from being a webmaster from this:

Discussion in 'Google' started by joey112, Oct 13, 2007.

Sure the backlink system merits good sites in a lot of the cases.

- Recently my boxing videos site has been thrown out of google rankings. No link buying or anything. It is being outranked by things such as a single comment about boxing comments in yahoo videos. I just can't see how this makes sense.
    - The principle of it says why would people searching boxing videos want to see what a forum says about it instead of a site full of boxing videos. Lets face it, visitors are being inaccurately sent to sites which don't serve their interests. In a business if someone wants a marketing firm to do some work for them then they get that number. Whereas if it was on google they would send them the number for a sports firm which has nothing to do with it.

The system is flawed. Based on the realist perspective of backlinks which can't be moderated without discrimination. Not happy at the moment.

joey112, Oct 13, 2007 IP
    shaunclark likes this.
  2. kentuckyslone

kentuckyslone Notable Member

Best Answers:
    For as long as I can remember the first page of search results for many keyword/phrases has been full of irrelevant sites. It is always frustrating when you are looking for something and the SE shows you sites about something different altogether.

Regardless of all that - I would like to advise you to persevere and do not give up. If you enjoy that website then keep working at it.

kentuckyslone, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  3. enquiries0009

enquiries0009 Banned

Best Answers:
    I think nowadays many spam sites came in top 10 of google for many keywords. I think because of that reason your site was outranked

enquiries0009, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  4. daones

daones Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Has your site always been outranked, or just recently been dropped? Give it some time though, alot of people are reporting messed up SERPS. For example my site has been steadily climbing ranks for my keywords in google webmaster tools, but when i actually check the SERPS i cant find my site.

daones, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  5. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:
    Its been ranked for a long time. Usually on the 2nd page of google. Now its not in the first 10. Its just not professional. How this can happen. Yet forum posts about wanting boxing videos (which eventuates to nothing) , ranks so highly.

joey112, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  6. daones

daones Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Like i said before dont feel bad im in your same position. I was on first page of google last week, now i cant find my site in SERPS. But i know its not penalized because i can still find it if i type my site name. I think wait a few weeks it will be back. If you use google webmaster tools, keep track of your top search queries and track your keyword ranking, see if its going up or down.

daones, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  7. webcrawlla

webcrawlla Peon

Best Answers:
    I wonder what the problem is these days with google. You hardly find relevant sites to your search querries on the first page of the search results.

My best best advise is perseverance!!! This is not enough for you to quit.
    I've had my own share of greater challenges in my online business and I still keep doing it.

webcrawlla, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  8. story97

story97 Peon

Best Answers:

Your site has an alexa ranking of over 2 million. You aren't coming up great in searches because you aren't getting any traffic.

Couldn't it be possible that Google deems your site low priority because there isn't any traffic? with that low of an alexa ranking you can't have many backlinks. the PR is N/A and your site is not even on it's own domain.

I think there are lots of things you could do to improve it, but there's no doubt that you are getting bad serp results because your site isn't considered an authority.

story97, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  9. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:

Are you going off the link in my sig. Do you seriously think i would only have a blogspot blog in the niche. I have a site in the niche, own domain not blogspot.

joey112, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  10. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeh its frustrating for me. But then again their are many other webmasters who don't have the best sites, but have worked really hard on SERP and are having good results.

joey112, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  11. story97

story97 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, let's see. your'e complaining about a site that has no PR, and it's about boxing videos. lot's of them.

you have a site in your signature that is about boxing and gets no traffic and according to the categories there are a lot of posts.

It aint rocket science.

story97, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  12. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:
    I have 7 sites in the boxing niche. 1 on boxing videos. 1 on boxing training. 1 currently unsuccesful boxing forum. 1 boxing pictures site. I have a lot of sites. The site im talking about isn't that. But it still amazes me after so long, how could it drop so bad without reason. 800 uniques a day it gets aswell.

joey112, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  13. story97

story97 Peon

Best Answers:
    I wonder if it's possible someone erroneously reported you. Have you thought about doing a re-submission? can't hurt.

story97, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  14. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:
    Well i only realised it today. And a lot of my other similar sites are still listed. Its only the one, which is the biggest traffic site i have. If all else fails i will re-submit it mate. Hopefully it doesn't come to that and may be something really temporary.

joey112, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  15. qazu

qazu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    These things happen, some people call it the Google dance. So I'd wait awhile. One of my sites dropped in the SERPs for its main keywords too, disappeared completely for about 5 weeks, then came back stronger than before. Hope it's the same for your site and that it comes back higher than before. :)

qazu, Oct 13, 2007 IP
    shaunclark likes this.
  16. story97

story97 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I definitely understand the stress on it from what you said.

I don't check mine that often because I get irritated that i don't rank better. lol

story97, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  17. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your sympathy mate. Lets hope its just the google dance and bang i wake up and its ranking number 1 . :)

joey112, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  18. alex_d1

alex_d1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldnt give up just yet.

Over the past few weeks, I have a huge change in the serps for many search phrases. It appears that at the moment, there are way too may crappy/junk/mfa sites that are occupying the top spots in the search results.

It was not like this before for the search terms I have been looking at. After a couple of days, I noticed one junk site that was appearing 1st had suddenly disappeared.

Maybe Google are still doing tweaks, and this is why you might be seeing you site knocked off its position in place of other sites that have nothing at all to do with the subject.

Just keep working away as usual, and I am sure your site should be back where it belongs.

Good luck

Alex

alex_d1, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  19. ramiz123

ramiz123 Banned

Best Answers:
    irf ranking drops continuosly then surely we have to quit

ramiz123, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  20. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    listen mate, many junk sport sites ranked well in Google, I feel it myself. But in sport websites, you don't need to rely on SEs. Personally, I only got around 20% traffic from SEs, even less, but I got around 1,500-2,000 uniques per day in the last one month.

wokaka, Oct 13, 2007 IP