1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get high PR links for low PR website

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by twalters84, Oct 10, 2007.

Hey there,

This is not a request for links.

I have tried getting links from higher PR websites, but had no success.

So my question is how can a low PR website get established when high PR websites do not want to link to a low PR website?

My client's website is currently PR2. We have submitted to many directories to get it that far.

What can we do to build links now?

Sincerely,
    Travis Walters

twalters84, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  2. rgerhards

rgerhards Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to have some good quality content that other like linking to. Plus, the process takes time...

rgerhards, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  3. hanleo46

hanleo46 Guest

Best Answers:
    Would you consider links from ezinearticles.com to your site as valuable?

I do

Take a look at artcile marketing

Leo Hanes

hanleo46, Oct 10, 2007 IP
    twalters84 likes this.
  4. pedring

pedring Banned

Best Answers:
    Please ask the higher PR website that your site is relevant that will give him a quality link for his site.

pedring, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  5. INFORM TEAM

INFORM TEAM Peon

Best Answers:
    ah the ultimate headache question, getting poeple who have established their sites to link to someone they dont know who has yet to establish their site!
    well it was said above great origional content is the key, that and of coarse the secret ingrediants, time, patience and effort!

It seems that so many poeple are on these forums with the same general feel to their questions how to get my site up the top of them google results.

The way I see it focus on making a great site, link it where it belongs and then people will take a look, but be patient.

If on the other hand your site is about producing revenue, then promote the hell outta it, write articles and submit them to free article sites, if you include a link in the article and a PR 5 site decides to ad it, then bang there is your sweet link.

Most of all take your time and do the right thing,make a site you are passionate about, it will show and attract others to see what you have done, for exmple I love fitness and sports as does my fellow site partner, so we made a site about fitness and sports been up a mere 2 weeks and is already starting to blossom:)

INFORM TEAM, Oct 10, 2007 IP
    twalters84 and Toon-c like this.
  6. twalters84

twalters84 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey there,

It looks like the general suggestion is to write articles and submit them to different places.

Does anybody have a list of places to submit articles to? It is probably somewhere on one of these boards. Let me know if you know though.

Thanks everyone!

Sincerely,
    Travis Walters

twalters84, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  7. Mencucci

Mencucci Peon

Best Answers:
    Another way is also to keep trying. ;) Really, a certain percentage of webmasters have no idea about a pagerank. It's a lot of work but that's how it is. With a PR2 you'll get 5% or 10% response rate but you WILL get some good links. And by the next PR update (If it ever happens ;) ) you'll have a PR 3. Then the response rate will be 15%. And by the next update your site will be PR4...

Mencucci, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  8. twalters84

twalters84 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey there,

Well, at the rate google is currently updating PR, that could take 20 years ;)

They should never have made PR known to the public. Then, people would not base a website by that, but by the quality of their website.

Sincerely,
    Travis Walters

twalters84, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  9. gotlinks

gotlinks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Try the link exchange forum, you would be surprised what some give away!

gotlinks, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  10. etali

etali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have some really really brilliant content you'll get links without people even looking at PR.

I'd suggest not worrying about PR when looking for links - just find sites that are related to yours, and good quality - everything else will come.

etali, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  11. cooper99

cooper99 Peon

Best Answers:
    Its all about the quality of your content. If you content is good or interesting enough a high pr site will link to it. Also, i highly recommend syndicating your content on RSS feeds.

cooper99, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  12. bewise

bewise Peon

Best Answers:
    it's really difficult. I think the main thing is to get your site noticed, becaome an authority figure in your niche and the links will come. Of course you could always buy them, but many people would say that's cheating... then again i suppose you wouldn't mind if your making thousands $$$ every month!!!

bewise, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  13. Hersheys

Hersheys Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to get one way link from related sites like forum links related to your niche and submit to quality directories.

Hersheys, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  14. kadesmith

kadesmith Peon

Best Answers:
    I just had my first two articles approved today through a site called searcharticles.net. The nice thing about search articles is that they are associated with WhyPark. The WhyPark network has 100's of sites that will start showing your article rather quickly.

kadesmith, Oct 12, 2007 IP
    twalters84 likes this.
  15. twalters84

twalters84 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey there,

Thanks for the great article website. I will have to look into that further.

Become an authority figure in the west michigan real estate niche? I think that is easier done than said. It will be a lot easier for my freelance programming website because I have around 10 degrees in that area. I made the real estate website for a client and know nothing about selling properties other than making a great website.

I think buying links is out of the question at this point for my client. Even if I had the funds for my personal website, I doubt I would do it because google has been coming down hard on paid links. With the type of website I am making, I do not think I would need paid links anyway. My client's website is will be the one that is hard to bump up. He is currently sitting around 5th in the SERPs for his main keyword phrase.

I know there are a lot of other factors than PR that I can work on. The best thing I can probably do for his website is right some articles and give them out.

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions.

I am learning that with SEO, you have to be extremely patient. Just getting into the field, I think I wanted to see immediate results. I guess the results will come in time.

Sincerely,
    Travis Walters

twalters84, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  16. webdesignerindia

webdesignerindia Peon

Best Answers:
    Submit your website URL to directories, post URL signatures on forums, post comments on Blogs, write keyword rich articles. When you have loads of link back by doing this, your website will come up and chances to get the PR. Once the PR is confirms, you can try again for link exchange with them. Do link exchange with related sites.

regards,

webdesignerindia, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  17. tarponkeith

tarponkeith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Haha, sooo true :)

Wouldn't that be nice? But as long as the green bar is there, people will use it as a standard...

tarponkeith, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  18. tennisplayer89

tennisplayer89 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have good content, then you need to make some link bait. Write articles with lots of good and interesting information. Submit them to sites like digg. If people like your articles, then they will give you links.

tennisplayer89, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  19. Mental

Mental Peon

Best Answers:
    We can't say that good content is all of it. That could be considered main, but not all of it. A big part is how the website looks. Does it look professional? Does it have some nice eye-candy? Does the website have a good overall feel to it? Those are questions that you should ask yourself. A big portion of your viewers are going to be stereotyping your website by looks. We as people are very brutal about how we think of a website by how it looks.

Mental, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  20. sastro

sastro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some of blogspot web have high PR, Post your comment there and add your signature

sastro, Oct 13, 2007 IP