1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I plan to buy this article, Please review

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by yajunithish, Oct 11, 2007.

Hi,

I plan to buy some articles from my local writer. He has given one work for me. Actually the title goes as "Do really the web templates target the website visitors or website users?"

I am posting first 2 paragraphs of this article, obviously,

So, please help me review it and tell me whether i can go for this article writer. Thank you,

Regards,

Yajunithish

yajunithish, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  2. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It's terrible. I certainly wouldn't buy it. It starts out with a sentence fragment with an exclamation point, which is bad enough. Then you get into a bit of awful grammatical issues (ex. "there are many numbers of definitions" - should be something like "there are many definitions" - either this person's English writing skills are extremely poor or they're just trying to pad the article for a higher word count if you're paying them per word or have a word requirement).

Another example: "the vital role of any of the web templates" - What are the Web templates? Are we talking about some special and specific Web templates? No. It should just be "the vital role of Web templates" - another demonstration of lousy writing and/or a padded word count.

And another: "the purpose of building the web templates" - Again, the "the" doesn't belong in there (among other things). It should be more like "the purpose of building Web templates".

You don't write etc etc.

"are cool to the eyes of visitors"? That just sounds kind of ridiculous, and definitely doesn't sound like a native speaker or anyone who could even pass as one.

"which is the back bone of success of any kind of websites or business" - not even sure where to begin telling you what's wrong with this line.

Same with the last sentence... just plain awful. There are plenty of smaller grammatical issues with word choices, capitalization, etc. as well, but I've already picked it apart enough.

Scrap that writer and try again.

jhmattern, Oct 11, 2007 IP
    Noddegamra likes this.
  3. Noddegamra

Noddegamra Peon

Best Answers:
    Get jhmattern to write for you ;D

Noddegamra, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  4. yajunithish

yajunithish Peon

Best Answers:
    Der JHMattern,

Thanks for your wonderful review.

Yes it is true that he is not natural English guy. me too either. Actually, he is a low cost freelance writer. Will you believe me i got it for $1.5 .

As a web business starter, i thought i first can go with this guy. But your review is excellent and taught me what i need to learn about article and writing for web.

I have question, but dont mistake me. Is this possible to get writers within $2 for article. Or i would end with type of articles for this cost :) ?

Anyway thank you very much for your review.

Regards,

Yajunithish

5. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    You won't find any quality writer writing for $2 per article. At the same time, don't buy and publish lousy articles just because they're cheap. Too many people think they can start out that way, and then worry about quality later. The problem is that the reputation of your site is set early on. People won't come back if they read articles like that. If you can't afford something better, try writing articles yourself and just hire someone to proofread them for you, or buy PLR articles and hire someone to edit them to make the text unique.

6. yajunithish

yajunithish Peon

Best Answers:
    May i know what is a PLR article? Sorry to disturb you again. You seem telling me lots of good things,

Regards,

Yajunithish

7. Oosha

Oosha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Guess Jenn isn't around.

PLR or Private Label Rights, for the most part, are rights to articles where you can change the content of the articles, and sell them or use them how you see fit. Most PLR articles/ebooks give you the right to do just about anything you like.

You can buy PLR articles at cheap rates and edit them.

Hope that helps!

Oosha, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  8. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Oosha's got it. They're basically articles that you'll have the right (usually) to edit legally. While you can't legally just rewrite articles you find online, you can with these, and they're usually cheap. You can use them as-is as well, although you may have duplicate content that way. While I haven't been writing them recently, I have a few packs related to online business and Internet marketing at www.firstratecontent.com/plr.htm - there's a sample from each set there so you can get a feel for what they look like. Just check the quality of any PLR articles you buy before buying them. You'll find sets of thousands cheap, but many of them aren't written any better than the example you posted here.

9. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Tons of errors with the article. Jennifer has already pointed out many flaws in the article and it does look like the person wanted to raise the word count.

Where the 'the' shouldn't be present, he has added it and where it should be, he hasn't. For example, the word designer should have 'the' before it, but sadly does not. 'The' shouldn't be there in the role of web templates.

How long was the article ? 300 words ? Or longer ?

gr8liverpoolfan, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  10. yajunithish

yajunithish Peon

Best Answers:
    400 words almost.

And thanks to Jenn for her reply.

Thanks to Oosha.

Btw, do i have to provide link back to PLR articles. And can you give me some list of better sites for PLR. ( i will definitely check your Jenn),

Thank you,

Regards,

Yajunithish

11. DeniseJ

DeniseJ Live, Laugh, Love

Best Answers:
    Yes. I'd definitely believe you got that article for $1.50. Jenn already mentioned the serious flaws in the article (props to you girlie - I wouldn't have the patience to do that!). If you want to attract visitors to your website that will actually read the content, that article isn't the way to go.

DeniseJ, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  12. ashvaj

ashvaj Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is a difference in knowing english and becoming a writer. Everyone speaks some language(s). Very often people misunderstand that everyone can be a writer also. The result is here. Simply by putting the piece under one of the best scanner (JhMattern), truth exposed !
    "Cheap-Writing" never pays in long run.
    Jhmattern says it in much better way,"don't buy and publish lousy articles just because they're cheap. Too many people think they can start out that way, and then worry about quality later. The problem is that the reputation of your site is set early on. People won't come back if they read articles like that".
    What better advice than this the webmasters can have on DP !

ashvaj, Oct 11, 2007 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  13. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    That's true; non-native English speakers may be excellent writers in their mother tongue (and I know a few who are also excellent writers in English, although you won't see them writing for these kinds of low rates just because of where they live). The problem is usually on the buyer's side. What many don't understand is that, if they want to compete in an English-speaking market, they need to provide content that would appeal to that market. Someone who can barely speak the language can't do that effectively (just as a native English writer probably couldn't provide quality work to a publication or site in another language).

jhmattern, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  14. rayaan

rayaan Peon

Best Answers:
    Jenn is absolutely right. No one who lands on your website would spend more then 3 seconds on that page with the kind of beginning this article has. There are plenty of non native English speaking writers around who can write as well as the natives do. Only thing is they're not after the $2 per article gigs. If you're on a budget, PLR seems to be the way to go.

rayaan, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  15. seowritinggroup

seowritinggroup Peon

Best Answers:
    Jenn's right - that article is awful. She pointed out pretty much all the flaws. I do believe you got that for $1.50 - you get what you pay for! I wouldn't buy anything from a site that had an article like that as part of its content. I wouldn't visit the site again, either. So not only do you lose an initial sale, you also lose the possibility of future sales. Basically, if you think you can't afford to pay someone with an excellent command of English to write your articles, think about all the sales you will lose because you went with the cheapest rate. Can you afford to lose them all?

seowritinggroup, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  16. yajunithish

yajunithish Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I have decided to to for PLR . Googling for that. Thank for all your inputs. Special thanks to JH,

Regards,

Yajunithish

yajunithish, Oct 15, 2007 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  17. Obelia

Obelia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it's dreadful, but not only because it's obviously written by someone who has English as a second language. It just doesn't say anything of use.

Certain corners of the web seem to be filling up with such stuff: articles about anything and everything, all essentially saying nothing that most people out of primary school already know.

This is obviously wrong, there are plenty of businesses that do very well without templates.

So the next time you're assessing an article, ask yourself, where's the original research? The pleasantly readable tone, perhaps even the touch of humour? Can you find at least one thing that most of your readers won't already know?

Obelia, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  18. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:
    There are more than enough errors to proceed with other writer.

I'd recommend someone native English speaker, as at least they don't do such mistakes, possibly.

inworx, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  19. Beakerwriter

Beakerwriter Peon

Best Answers:
    Horrendous- not one useful sentence. It would take longer to edit that mess than it probably took to write it in the first place. Pay more than $2. Stat.

Beakerwriter, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  20. drkirby

drkirby Guest

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole!

But hey you get what you pay for!

drkirby, Oct 24, 2007 IP