1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Server Problem?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by TxDon, Oct 10, 2007.

Over the weekend I had some server problems at Ixwebhosting. My fault...I believe...but they finally got me back up.

However, now only the index page of my blog shows up. If I click on a link to an internal page, it seems to redirect to my index page. If I click on an external link, then the link will open correctly in another window.

Whenever I pass my cursor over a link, I see the correct destination at the bottom left but it still sends me to the index page.

I'm running a WP blog on this site and have tried several different things but nothing has helped.

Any suggestions? Is it something with my blog (I've tried other templates in the dashboard, but all act the same way) or a problem with the server?

Thanks

TxDon

TxDon, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  2. cyanide

cyanide Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you using the search engine friendly urls?
    Sounds like they're not being recognized.
    Check the htaccess file, then check apache's config to see if you have mod_rewrite on

cyanide, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  3. TxDon

TxDon Active Member

Best Answers:
    There's no htaccess file. I deleted it because Ix said that it was part of the problem.

And yes, I use SE friendly urls.

TxDon, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  4. harrysmith

harrysmith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What type of internal link you are using ( Absolute or Relative ) i think if you are using relative link just change them to absolute type, this could solve the problem.

harrysmith, Oct 11, 2007 IP