1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

FREE Review of your blog/Website for Adsense

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by godmode, Oct 10, 2007.

OK guys. This offer is only limited to first 5 people who post their website/blog.

Why me?

Well i believe i have Good knowledge of the Adsense system if not great. If you still not sure, check some of my earlier post. I am sure some people can confirm my knowledge :p

Let me clarify only 5 people will get this for FREE. I dont run any SEO/Adsense business:D unlike many claim to be SEO experts but dont know how to put analytics code in HTML :D

anyways moving on. Please dont bother to post your cheap MFA, Gambling, Adult or anything related to piracy. I wont review these sites.

Only serious blogs or websites who require serious Advice.

1) Post your Website
    2) If you have any specific questions about your ads, like better optimisation, CTR etc

all i can expect is a REP. Not asking for it!

godmode, Oct 10, 2007 IP
    North Carolina SEO likes this.
  2. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ok.. I'll jump in since there is nothing on TV tonight..
    you can review My Blog ..
    Since my blog is 99.9% advertising-free, i'm only interested in your opinion of the design and layout (my goal is clean and simple)...

Tearabite, Oct 10, 2007 IP
    buffalo likes this.
  3. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Lol. Oh no not you. You are already someone I can think as doing good with Adsense overall.

Oops. OK. I can give you design and layout advice. Sure.

godmode, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  4. kentuckyslone

kentuckyslone Notable Member

Best Answers:
    kentuckyslone, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  5. live-cms_com

live-cms_com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    live-cms_com, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  6. North Carolina SEO

North Carolina SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    North Carolina SEO, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  7. godmode

Best Answers:
    Randy (Terabite),

Did a quick review of your design and layout since thats what you were after.

1) Design: Two column design suits a non-Advertising blog nicely. The only thing i didnt like was the tag cloud is placed at end of the page. Way too low to get noticed. I suggest you move that to sidebar. People like to use tag cloud to find interesting keyword quickly.

2) Layout: As i said looks nice and suits/compliments your site.

What I suggest:

1) Since you are trying to spread knowledge about How you made it with Grownupgeek. I suggest you can post your monthly earnings on the blog. Explain what adveritising you did, How was your overall performance etc

2) For God sake, please never never write Paid reviews about other sites and sell your SOUL. Remember one principal, Just take efforts...Money would follow eventually. If you run after money, money will run even faster lol

godmode, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  8. godmode

Best Answers:
    Ok the first one is done but i am not counting Terabite's review in this Free offer since it wasnt really for Adsense.

Now 3 more gone. 2 Left.

godmode, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  9. godmode

Best Answers:
    You Scared me for a minute with that website and blog! :p All I can say is it did an impact.

Your Blog design looks great and has that wicked look.

1) You can surely improve Adsense on this blog by placing it more upfront. Your adsense is hidden in the sidebar almost unnoticable.

2) It seems you are using,
    as i could see from the source code. Unless you are not getting any clicks at all, choosing image ads is not a good practice. Why?

Coz image ads pay by impressions most of the times. Now When a advertisers buy CPM ads, he pay fixed CPM price for number of impressions so all clicks on those ads are counted but not paid for.

I suggest you remove that channel completely and replace it with 300*250 (Text+Image) inside post. Put the ad just below your post title matching Ad title to post title colour.

3) Put a Link ad just below your navigation menu on Top.

4) You have another ad just below image ad in sidebar. Get it up in the sidebar or just dont use it.

Let me know if you get any better results with this layout. Overall this niche isnt something like great payout niche. So i guess you aint making a fortune with this.

Reps appreciated!

godmode, Oct 10, 2007 IP
    kentuckyslone likes this.
  10. godmode

Best Answers:
    MarketingHub is next for the review! i gotta rush into a meeting, so will take some time for the rest!

godmode, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  11. MISsupport

MISsupport Peon

Best Answers:
    Check my blog
    Thanks

MISsupport, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  12. toocool

toocool Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok cool.. Please review my Bollywood Movies Site

Click on any link there.. Thats the page thats most imp and gets the most no of traffic!

Thanks a lot!

toocool, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  13. kentuckyslone

kentuckyslone Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that in depth review/advice I will definitely take some of your points into consideration. In fact Adsense is doing relatively well on the site except for the blog part which is much weaker. Rep has been added

kentuckyslone, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  14. godmode

Best Answers:

Your Blog is already optimised for Adsense. However there are a few things you can change about the way the ads are positioned.

1) I am not sure but ads in your sidebar look a bit odd. People always like to focus on the content than sidebar. A 300*250 Ad type (Image +Text) should do better than sidebar block.

2) Since you already have adblock below your post. I suggest you need to have some more content below that in order to get some more eyes on your ads. Its kinda left out. If you can put related topics somewhere here, it might get some eyeballs on your ad.

3) In your sidebar, you can place some more data. Its used only for adsense which is kinda not good since the user looks at this space as Ad and ignores it.

Besides this, Your Feed is left out on Top. Try to bring it to Sidebar with some numbers to show off, like feedburner chicklet. Push your feedburner feed a bit more. It helps a lot trust me. I got over 5600+ Feedburner subscribers and it generates massive traffic.

Reps appreciated!

godmode, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  15. enquiries0009

enquiries0009 Banned

Best Answers:
    Check my signature you will find 2 blogs and 2 websites and below my username you will find 1 more blog. Please review them.

enquiries0009, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  16. godmode

Best Answers:
    I hope you read my terms. No MFA sites.

godmode, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  17. godmode

Best Answers:
    Good specific niche. Your site looks more as a Website than a blog. As i understand its not a blog so its fine.

1) Adsense is again a BIG issue on your website. The basic problem with most people is they keep Adsense hiding behind the curtains.

you have to choose between 2 things, either run adsense or dont run it at all. If you chose to run it, then why not make it most effective by getting some eyeballs on it?

Your adsense is hiding in the sidebar, which is getting completely ignored. You need to add Adsense inside your post. Try 300*250 with text +image ads.

2) Put a link unit just below the News your way. Let it look like navigation.

3) I see a link unit right at the bottom of the page. You are loosing everything here. I can tell you even 1% people wont look at the bottom of the page. This is web 2.0, people dont have time to look at the whole of your website. You need to engage them in whatever time they spend on your site. Focus your ads around content, they will get clicks.

Remove this link unit completely and put in on top below Menu.

Reps appreciated!

godmode, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  18. myclip

myclip Peon

Best Answers:
    myclip, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  19. godmode

Best Answers:
    Good Blog. Nice Design but..............

1) Get rid of that top banner,Is that some CPX interactive banner or somethin? Its making your site look Spammy.

2) Your adsense placement is good. However for single page, inside posts ads are not appearing, any specific reason? I guess you should enable for all posts. They get most CTR.

3) Show off your feedburner feed count with their chicklet. It attracts more people to subscribe if they see a good number.

4) Your Google search button looks dull. Why you didnt use the proper code supplied by Google Custom search?

5) I can see lot of banners on your site, are they affiliate ads? Dont put banners they dont convert well. This is 2007, people are already fed up of that and not likely to click any.

Reps appreciated!

godmode, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  20. godmode

Best Answers:

Sorry 5 spots are taken. You missed it by a whisker! If you need to some advice, you can contact me on PM. I might ask something in return. :p

godmode, Oct 10, 2007 IP