1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[DMOZ BLOG] Why Hasn't My Site Been Accepted Into DMOZ?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by Qryztufre, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, in a word, but one could get one's own site banned for trying this scam. Trust me, it neither works to offer a bribe for one's own site or a competitors, if you want to believe the other crap posted on here, feel free to do so, but don't bleat if you try and then get banned for life.

Anonymously, Oct 10, 2007 IP
    JoyGoRound likes this.
  2. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    FWIW I tried real hard to get an exception for "evil exes", but couldn't get a consensus.
    I'm guessing the single editors just didn't grasp the importance. Durn geeks. ;)

robjones, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  3. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope you have enough money since I hear editors are working hard. :D

And how is that possible? I doubt most people competition is made of grand total of two website like mine so if someone sends bribe offers for these two, third is culprit but then maybe one of two is faking it to get third one banned? :rolleyes:

It would take some serious investigation work and money transfer would have to occur to have evidence that actual bribery was committed - just because someone is threating to have someone killed doesn't means he will do it and nobody will charge him with murder until it actually happens.

Ivan Bajlo, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  4. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Didn't you know that DMOZ is like CIA, FBI and NSA combined and editors have super natural powers? :rolleyes:

gworld, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  5. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Can't speak for your country, but if someone threatens murder here they go to jail too.

As staff indicated, it's policy, and more easily verified than you'd imagine. You'd be surprised at the tools available and willingness to use 'em. If you think Gworld knows more about our capabilities than the guys inside, hey, give it a shot and we'll see how it works out.

Look at the bright side, I'm not in charge. There'd be a written policy that if someone spent an inordinate amount of time trying to simply convince others that bribing editors is a good way to go... they'd get the death penalty. Not their sites... the webmaster. :rolleyes:

LOL. BTW - Watch for those black helicopters just in case I win that argument. :)

6. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You speak from experience as the self claimed editall in ODP? Or perhaps from a recent thread in the ediatll forum, maybe you can share it with us all?

Anonymously, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  7. crowbar

crowbar Peon

Best Answers:
    Or, the last edit I recently did. Something simple, with no risk attached. Otherwise, I'd say he was afibbin' and should just be ignored.

Added- Of course, if he has a friend, who really is an editor, he could get that info. I had to just check myself, and it didn't take that long. (including coffee)

Edited for politeness.

crowbar, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  8. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. Did your mommy Motsa told you to come here? :rolleyes: :D

Is that by your x-ray vision or mind reading capabilities? :rolleyes: :D

gworld, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  9. crowbar

crowbar Peon

Best Answers:
    My mother would never send me to a place like this, :D. I'm slummin today.

I was curious about why you're so afraid to give your editor name, I'm not, and Rob isn't. And if you were really as hateful as you sound about the directory, why would you continue being an editor?

crowbar, Oct 10, 2007 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  10. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Omg so motsa is really your mommy omg :eek: .

He is still in dmoz to bring breaking sizziling funny news from internal dmoz so we can all enjoy and continue to try to make dmoz better by trying to get rid of that evil motsa of urs. :D

paidhosting, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  11. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Being inside give me a better possibility to fight the corruption. Awhile back I tried to have a discussion with DMOZ again because some one was insisting that they have changed and there are some honest admins who are interested to talk; by showing them one of my editors name and open a dialog that way, their response was to disable that account. :)

gworld, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  12. crowbar

crowbar Peon

Best Answers:
    You really should post something on your own forum, Bunny, it's been pretty slim pickins over there for the last couple of months. Everyday it's "new Posts" = 0

crowbar, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  13. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    I know i am terminating the forum soon, cause everday "new posts" = 0 :D or will just let domain expire when time comes, i talked to a nice lady named vonda about termination too. :p and seems like ex editors and current editors have let the other RZ win the battle going on between bunnies forums and old stinky RZ forums as they call it .. Damn evil motsa u might have won this battle but ur time will come , when reaper will come to take you to hell.

14. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Heck Gworld, I'm not about to try and talk YOU out of it...
    if you want to try derailing competitors by fraudulently offering bribes on their behalf... go for it.

Hey, it'd be enlightening for everyone to find out if you're as clever as you think you are. :)

15. crowbar

crowbar Peon

Best Answers:
    I can understand your fear of being removed, if you were actually doing something wrong, but, I don't remember any editor being removed for giving an honest opinion in our internal forums.

crowbar, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  16. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Yaa u didnt notice it, cause you were too busying sucking up to ur momy motsa :D

Damn i did not know that evil motsa has a sibling !!

17. crowbar

crowbar Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, jeez, if you put on a wig and pretend to be me, I'm gonna complain too. I don't think your intention of giving site status reports were wrong, it's just a slippery slope when editors act outside the ODP parameters on their own.

crowbar, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  18. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    According to the editors that have posted here in the past RZ is not official, and any editor posting there is acting on their own. As is any editor posting here, anywhere outside of the DMOZ.org domain. As there has yet to be any true word of anything outside of that domain as being official.

However, none of this really has much to do with the blog post as described in the original post...so maybe a thread can be started on the officialness of outside forums?

Qryztufre, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  19. crowbar

crowbar Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you've mentioned sucking up before, I believe, but, in order to be sucking up, you need a reason to suck up, I have none.

I don't want to be an editall or a meta, or get anything I don't already have, so what would I gain? :) I think you're confusing loyalty with sucking up, you probably don't know the difference.

crowbar, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  20. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, i see you can gain " not getting a boot" maybe :D right ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.