1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can someone provide me some ideas starting an adsense blog?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by AmdGirl101, Oct 10, 2007.

Hello,

My name is Amanda.

This is the first day, I had joined DP.

Just wanted to have some ideas on how to start a blog and how do I go for it if I would like to earn some income from adsense.

Your guidance would be much appreciated since I am a complete newbie on this internet thing. :)

Please share with me your experience on adsense and what is the best blog system can I go for it.

Regards,
    Amanda

AmdGirl101, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  2. fhassan

fhassan Banned

Best Answers:
    U can create a blog with blogger.com
    they r easy too use & put adsense ads

fhassan, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  3. Skinny

Skinny Peon

Best Answers:
    My best advice is this:

Don't start a blog to make adsense. More than likely you will get fustrated and end up quitting.

So, pick a topic that you enjoy: Fashion, sports, entertainment, technology etc.

The idea is that if you enjoy learning and discussing that topic you will be able to blog about it long term.

Remember to give your vistors information that makes them come back.

Then stick in adsense. If you do it the other way around or just pick a random topic and hope to make a lot from adsense you will very disappointed.

Making money online does take work.

Skinny

Skinny, Oct 10, 2007 IP
    Adpubster likes this.
  4. Adulu

Adulu Peon

Best Answers:
    Blogger.com free space, bandwidth, allowed you host your domain name
    Apply for adsense easy approve.

Adulu, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  5. abdobasha2004

abdobasha2004 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this is right

abdobasha2004, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  6. lionstarr

lionstarr Peon

Best Answers:
    If you will have the time to blog often enough: Go and buy you some hosting space including a domain name and install Wordpress!

lionstarr, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  7. MISsupport

MISsupport Peon

Best Answers:
    I second lionstarr on that. Get a real domain.

I made the mistake of creating a subdomain on my site. I decided to move it to a independent domain and now I have to get my PageRank back. I had a PR3.

Skinny is also right. Don't blog for money but for something you love first. You can add Adsense but don't expect a lot at first.

MISsupport, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  8. Vic_mackey

Vic_mackey Banned

Best Answers:
    On any new website/blog I would recommend not using adsense at all, leave that till you have built up some traffic - the earnings would only be pennies anyway, and you'll put people off reading.

Vic_mackey, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  9. valerr

valerr Peon

Best Answers:
    check out my signature it should help you with rankings and stuff... good luck

valerr, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  10. enquiries0009

enquiries0009 Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't go for blogger blog. Just take a good hosting company and install wordpress use that. I think u must use adsense ready made wordpress themes

enquiries0009, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  11. echoterror

echoterror Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Amanda,
    if thats what u look like then i could start a blog of poems dedicated to you...dont know about Adsense but it wud sure make romantic sense to do so

echoterror, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  12. kentuckyslone

kentuckyslone Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Make a blog on a subject you are interested in. That way it will be fun for you to do. Make regular posts that are informative and interesting.

If you start out with the intention of only making a blog for adsense you will be almost guaranteed to fail.

kentuckyslone, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  13. FanAddict

FanAddict Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Do something you are interested in, your readers will see that and keep comming back for the informative material.

Secondly, I would advice to purchase a domain ie yourdomain.com etc. I frown upon free sites myself.

Thirdy, use a widely popular blog script such as wordpress. Then find a free and adsense integrated blog theme from Wordpress Themes.

FanAddict, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  14. basscleff

basscleff Active Member

Best Answers:
    haloween costumes and tips, resources, patterns to make costumes for all the yearly events.

you;d best start it fast for haloween coming up.

basscleff, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  15. AmdGirl101

AmdGirl101 Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you for so much of advices, responses here.

Personally, I had made up my decision after studying so much valuable information and guidance here to help me decide on what I should be getting started on either getting a blogger account or start my own domain with a wordpress blog on it.

Well, I finally got to know the majority of great and nice members here advice me to go for my own domain.

Ok, I am choosen to be on my own domain with a blog to start building my online journey. :)

Hopefully, I could get things out smoothly as I am a beginner on internet business as part of my side income in a very sooner day.

By the way, is there a place I can get a reliable hosting with free domain, if the domain need to be paid then I don't mind too, as long the hosting will never goes down :)

AmdGirl101, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  16. retsu782000

retsu782000 Peon

Best Answers:
    There's a free hosting until 2012 and they provide you with free subdomain including php + mysql. You should be able to install wordpress there.

A Free Hosting? Where is the catch?
    No catch, it's really free. We will never charge anything for it. You get everything for $0.00

What are your guarantees?
    1. We guarantee that servers will be up at least till 2012 (everything is paid since year 2012).
    2. Bandwidth will never run out, we have dedicated 10mbit connection on each server.
    3. All accounts are backed up every 30 days and stored on remote server. Also you can generate and download your account backup from cPanel 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Do you provide any support?
    Yes we provide hosting support, but we cannot help you create your website or install scripts.

retsu782000, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  17. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

spot on advice. Thanks god someone here doesnt talk all High paying BS! ;)

godmode, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  18. Vic_mackey

Vic_mackey Banned

Best Answers:
    retsu782000 you might want to edit that post and remove affil link before you get an infraction.

Amanda have you decided what topic the blog will be on? That is the number one thing, rather than hosting, what themes etc. If you have good content the visitors will come.

As an example, take a look at http://www.mmajunkie.com. The design is extremely basic. No effort has really gone into it at all. But the content is top notch, very well written and they post a lot of exclusive stories before anywhere else. They get 2m visitors/month, purely from the quality of the content. If you can write good content that people want to read, nothing else will matter.

Vic_mackey, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  19. toufique ahmed

toufique ahmed Peon

Best Answers:
    start blog on topic that you think know Most and can build unique content yourself!

toufique ahmed, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  20. Methane

Methane Peon

Best Answers:
    Does anyone know any good Wordpress theme sites that are cheap or free? Has anyone set one up before? I can do HTML, but modifying wordpress seems daunting. even changing a color seems way too complicated.
    -Methane

Methane, Oct 11, 2007 IP