1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone want to teach me Affiliate Marketing?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by Jake21, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Or possibly point me in the right direction? I see so many people making a living by affiliate marketing and it frustrates me that I can't achieve the same success. I'm willing to put in the work, but I'm afraid it might all be for nothing as I'm not 100% sure how to make the most of AM. I've tried campaigns on adwords for language courses and actually came out about $10 ahead but then pulled out for fear that It may have been pure chance. Spent about $200 and grossed $210- and of course I couldn't cash out with clickbank since they have several requirements before you can do so.

I know I have a good sense of marketing but I'm unsure at which angle I should approach it.

*Should I simply use google adwords linking directly to my affiliate clickbank page?
    *Or should I create a landing page. And if so, why is this more beneficial for me? Would a landing page that compares and reviews similar affiliate products yield more sales?
    *Are the ass-ugly, multi-font/color/size pages really where the sales are at?
    Is bum marketing worth it?

Any suggestions? I've looked through several blogs but nobody is willing to divulge as much information as I would like.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, How did you get started? Did you just jump right in or did you research months ahead of time? And if so, where did you find the most useful information?

I apologize for the scattered thoughts.

Thanks,
    Jake

Jake21, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  2. jschuman

jschuman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Jake,

Start with an area you have and interest in or a passion for.

Affiliate marketing is a good way to make money. My advice is combine it with blogging and article marketing to drive traffic to a landing page, capture info, follow up by autoresponder, and redirect to your blog.

If you are selling products in an area you enjoy you will do very well. One website to check out is AssociatePrograms.com which offers very good affiliate marketing training for free.

jschuman, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  3. Jim Guinn

Jim Guinn Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Jake,

Pick up a free copy of Affiliate Masters Course at http://aff-masters.sitesell.com/. Don't let the price fool you. It is considered one of the best guides for new affiliates.

Also, I concur with jschuman. Allan Gardyne has a great site at http://www.AssociatePrograms.com. His site is fully devoted to affiliate marketing from the beginner through the advanced.

I also have some basic affiliate education/training at the first site in my signature....real basic stuff, but it might help you. Look for the Education & Training tab.

Jim

Jim Guinn, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  4. homebizbuilder

homebizbuilder Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Jake21, you may wish to read up my free report on affiliate marketing. I have made the steps to make money with affiliate marketing very digestible. It is possible to hit income targets but you need to apply what you learn.

If it is learning you need, you can read up books, both free and paid. Applying is always the difficult part for most affiliates because of the effort they have to put in. Are you up to the challenge?

homebizbuilder, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  5. Jake21

Jake21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I really appreciate the advice.

WOW. The sitesell course seems very informative and well written. I'm pleasantly surprised to say the least. I finished the "first day" section earlier before I left for work and I'm going to pick up right now. Thanks a bunch Jim! :D

Hey Homebizbuilder,
    Thanks for your recommendation. I'll be sure to check out your guide when I finish with sitesell's course.

Best Regards,
    Jake

Jake21, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  6. Jake21

Jake21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just want to mention that shortly after reading the first section of sitesell's course I decided to PREsell a few clickbank products on one of my websites. Lo and behold, I just checked my account and made $33 from a sale! What a nice surprise =)

Jake21, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  7. Dave@Profitistic

Dave@Profitistic Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest simply putting a day on one side and invest your time in reading forums like this...

It is the best time investment you will make...

Dave@Profitistic, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  8. Pauline

Pauline Peon

Best Answers:
    I also recommend associateprograms.com

Pauline, Oct 10, 2007 IP
    Scriptona likes this.
  9. Jim Guinn

Jim Guinn Peon

Best Answers:
    Jake,

Yes, the Affiliate Masters Course is excellent. You might also want to pick up another free book from that site called "Make Your Content PreSell". You can download it for free from http://mycps.sitesell.com/.

I would also agree with Pauline. Allan Gardyne does a very good job with affiliates...from beginner to advanced...over at http://www.AssociatePrograms.com.

Jim

Jim Guinn, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  10. sirprize

sirprize Peon

Best Answers:
    try and get as much free information as possible and stay away from the usless "i make $1000000 a minute schemes" also this forum is the best resource for info and helpful advice i have found.

sirprize, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  11. gc1282

gc1282 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh yea you can learn affiliate marketing a whole lot by researching on Google for free. But It'll take forever learning how to do it the right way on your own. My advice - Get some Affiliate Training and you'll be making money much much faster.

gc1282, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  12. mario0455

mario0455 Peon

Best Answers:
    this is very easy and u can get a good income http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1463050

mario0455, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  13. residualincome4life

residualincome4life Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend Wealthy Affiliate University. Great stuff there!

residualincome4life, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  14. nakata

nakata Banned

Best Answers:
    become a master affiliate marketer ebook teach you how to be a master in affiliate marketing

i sell it for only $8 pm me for details

nakata, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  15. gc1282

gc1282 Active Member

Best Answers:
    People here will always give you tips about affiliate marketing but you're going to have to get real lucky to have some one teach it you for free if that's what you're looking for. For only $1.00 you get 10 days of affiliate training not a bad deal.

gc1282, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  16. adesalambrar

adesalambrar Peon

Best Answers:

So, are you going to keep spamming with your affiliate link, or you have something useful to say? :mad:

adesalambrar, Aug 19, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.