1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Step By Step To $3K in 2 weeks

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by killianr, Oct 9, 2007.

I posted this in the Warrior forum, and it was very well received. For those of you who have not yet seen this, here we go:

I was going to write a mini report on this, and sell it as a WSO, but, decided to rather give it back to this community.

You see, I have been a member of this great community since 1997. Back when we still paid to belong here. I know my post count does not directly reflect that, but, I generally like to fly under the radar.

My strategy I am about to share, is not fool proof, and is not guaranteed to work in any way. I do it, and it works GREAT for me. I make a ton of cash from it, and hopefully you will too!

So, here goes.

1. I sift through all the tons of offers coming in on WSO. I look for PLR products that include a sales page. I take my time to read every offer carefully, and also read the sales page in detail.
    2. I pick and buy a product, or sometimes, multiple products.
    3. I grab a domain name that works for the main product I intend selling.
    4. I FIRST edit the sales page. I change names, graphics, grammar, spelling, add some more of my own copy, and add some bonuses.
    5. I create the one time offer, which in most cases is MORE PLR material.
    6. Now I edit the actual PLR material. I take my time, and read every single word. Again replacing names, links, emails, etc, Pay special attention to headers and footers in documents. I change the properties of the document to indicate I am the author, etc. VERY important! I change the name of the product! SO many people don't even bother to do this!
    7. I create, or have created graphics for all the products, as well as the site.
    8. I upload everything to the site, setup payment and download, etc.
    9. I setup an Autoresponder, and some messages.
    10. I get a friend to do a test buy of both the main product, as well as the OTO. I make sure payment works, user gets added to the AR, AND, that they can download everything they paid for.
    11. I mail my small, but very targeted list, and offer them the product, AT A DISCOUNT! Not much, normally around 10% to 20%. I do this to get testimonials, and to get conversion rates.
    12. I take the data I now have on conversion rates, and approach other marketers to see if they will promote the product to their list.
    13. I start posting on relevant forums, with quality content, with a link to the product in my sig file.
    14. I write articles and submit to article sites. Again, author bio box has link back.
    15. I search for relevant blogs, and post quality comments on posts, with a link to my site.
    16. I take 2 days off, and start the whole process over again!

This is NOT only for PLR books, but, ANYTHING PLR, including software and videos!

It is a fair amount of work, but, think about it this way. I put in around a week's worth of work, and average around $3K for that work. How many people earn $12k a month in their day job? Also remember, sales don't stop on those site, I just stop working on them!

I hope this gives someone the kick up the backside to go make some money!

killianr, Oct 9, 2007 IP
    Game Producer, kidblogger and magda like this.
  2. kidblogger

kidblogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great step by step guide.

By the way, where's your siggy? :D

kidblogger, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  3. killianr

killianr Peon

Best Answers:
    Uhm, not enough posts yet! ;-)

I have not really hung around on this forum much. Only came here, because 1 of my sites was getting traffic from here. Turns out some guy bought my 1 of my softwares, and offered it for sale on here! Got him shutdown though!

killianr, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  4. BLaZeR

BLaZeR Peon

Best Answers:
    He can't have one yet cause of his post count I believe.

BLaZeR, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  5. kidblogger

kidblogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ahh... dummy me!

Well welcome to this forum, don't forget to hang around more because you'll learn a lot I bet!

6. killianr

killianr Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the welcome kidblogger.

I am a true believer in never ending learning, but, with a post like I just made, I would hope that you can see I am NOT a newbie. ;-) Been around in IM for almost as many years as you are old. ;-)

killianr, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  7. kidblogger

kidblogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    WTH?! You MUST be a millionaire now ;)

I guess we're the one that should learn from ya! What's good about this post is that it's a 'system' that is replicatable as many times as you want.

8. Red_Virus

Red_Virus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome to the forums. You said WSO what does that mean, So do u re-write the PLR content please explain.

Red_Virus, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  9. killianr

killianr Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Red_Virus,

Sorry, WSO stands for Warrior Special Offer, which is a section on the Warrior Forum.

I don't offer PLR re-writing as a service no. I do it for myself.

I posted this thread to show people how easy it is to make money, with just a bit of work, in a short amount of time.

Kidblogger. Not a millionaire, but doing well. As for you learning from me... I am no guru, and never want to be one. I am here to learn, but, at the same time, here to give freely of my knowledge. No one can EVER know everything. Once you stop learning, is when you stop growing. I am a firm believer in Tony Robin's saying: Constant And Neverending Improvement. (CANI)

killianr, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  10. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Killianr,welcome to DP.

U have posted a nice informative thread.Spend more time here on DP.

getjimmy, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  11. killianr

killianr Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the welcome on DP getjimmy. I do plan to spend more time here for sure!

Just as a clarification for the main post. I mention I get a lot of my PLR stuff from the WSO section on the Warrior forum, but, I also get it from the TONS of great PLR sites and firesales going on all over the place. I am sure the buy and sell section here on Dp has some great PLR offers you could use as well!

killianr, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  12. kidblogger

kidblogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    Woot!! You know Tony Robins too :D

Oh yea, given you a green rep for the great post

13. SpankyBear

SpankyBear Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I bought a click bank product, got a content page made and submitted it to hundreds of article sites and never got one sale so I am not too fazed on this. It takes a special person with a lot of patience.

SpankyBear, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  14. killianr

killianr Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Kidblogger. Thanks for the green rep!

I have actually met Tony. Can't say I know him, but, have had the great fortune of shaking his hand, and getting in a 2 minute conversation. ;-)

SpankyBear. Article sites alone will no do it. You need to add forums and PPC. Also, go to offline marketing events, and NETWORK! I can not stress enough how important it is to go to the offline events and get to know people face to face!

killianr, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  15. mubin

mubin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its a great idea, but for people without the list they are screwed.

mubin, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  16. killianr

killianr Peon

Best Answers:
    Mubin,

I disagree. This can help you to actually build your list to start with! There are so many other ways to get people to your site, other than a list. PPC, forums, articles, paid advertising in ezines, paid advertising on other sites, safelists, free advertising blogs and forums, etc.

Having a list is a big bonus, but, if you actually go to the offline events, and network with people there, you will very quickly find people with big lists who would be willing to promote your product.

Don't see things as obstacles, rather see them as opportunities. Opportunities to grow and to learn.

killianr, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  17. mubin

mubin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Awesome Post.

mubin, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  18. sudarshannus

sudarshannus Peon

Best Answers:
    Very good post.....Great Work :)

sudarshannus, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  19. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That post is a good answer to all the "I need a quick easy way to make lots of money" questions that turn up here, as it demonstrates it can be done, but it takes planning, effort, application, attention to detail and know-how.

magda, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  20. maverick123

maverick123 Peon

Best Answers:
    nice step by step guide, very well written, thanks and keep up the good work :)

maverick123, Oct 9, 2007 IP