1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mods - Please explain the logic and reasoning behind this

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by TargetedClix, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    There's a guy that recently purchased a proxy network from me. All is well, and apparently he has an issue. He sends me a pm. I promptly respond, and apparently he's refused to read my pm for whatever reason. So all I could do was simply respond to him (ONE time) on the thread. Not wanting the discussion to continue on the thread, I took the initiative to report the thread so a mod could close it for me. To my shock, I then looked at my user control panel to find that I have 3 infractions for reason of "bumping a thread". Are you freaking kidding me? What in the world happened here?? What's even more strange is that one of the three infractions is "private". I'm certainly thinking that I was the wrong recipient of this..

Again, I was the one who requested that the thread be closed. (which it was)

Here's the thread.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=4709784#post4709784

If digitalpoint really wants to run a tight ship here, I'd appreciate it if a mod could explain why on earth I received not one, not two, but three infractions all reported within a minute apart.

TargetedClix, Oct 8, 2007 IP
    JoyGoRound likes this.
  2. tarponkeith

tarponkeith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think complaining about an infraction is an infractionable offense...

Best of luck staying unbanned :)

tarponkeith, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  3. TargetedClix

TargetedClix Guest

Best Answers:
    Excuse me, but I'm not "banned", and I'm not breaking any forum rules by posting and asking for help, because that's what this is. I'm requesting help to understand and to confirm if this was an error. I'm sure it rarely happens, but it's entirely possible that the mod gave the wrong participant multiple infractions. If you took the time to read the thread, you would agree that it indeed looks odd. Like I said I received three infractions all within 60 seconds apart, for one thread. That's just insane. Even if I did something to provoke such an action, how is that even physically possible? So naturally I'm wanting to know what's going on here and would like a response from a mod.

4. tarponkeith

tarponkeith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Please read http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=216611

tarponkeith, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  5. TargetedClix

TargetedClix Guest

Best Answers:
    That's fine, I've read that. However, again, who do I communicate with if I have a question? This post isn't simply a moan and complain "oh no, I have an infraction." It's a legitimate question that I have, in regards to what might be an error.

Also if you read those rules, there's one that completely justifies my point here.

I'm simply wanting assistance from a mod to show me where I bumped my own thread. I'll certainly have no problem with receiving an infraction if I could be shown why. Because if you read my thread, I clearly didn't break any rules. In fact, the BUYER was the one that bumped the thread.

Again, I think anyone here (including yourself) would be just a wee bit concerned if you just received 3 infractions (with points) within 3 minutes for a post that you supposedly bumped. Particularly if you're the one who made the effort to request to close the thread.

6. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    The bumping infractions were issued for the posts:

Please read what I've posted.

Thanks.

=====

SOLD to hbuilder Pm sent!

=====

hbuilder, theres nothing to "rectify". pm sent.

The first post adds nothing to the thread and the latter two are the PM sent type bump. If you have sent a PM the recipient knows and hopefufully you imparted all the info recipient needs.

Smyrl, Oct 8, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.