1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this wrong?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Djedda, Oct 6, 2007.

Hello,

I'm new, but I was lurking this forum for many months, to learn all about SEO, this is a great forum!

I have a question about my new site, a new webdirectory with blogs.

I have placed many quality blogs links by myself to make a start. All the links are placed with searching the web for good blogs. Now I'm reading about scraping etc., so my question is: is it wrong what I'm doing? It's is hard to begin, because the site is not in the searchengines yet etc., I'm busy to submit my site to many engines and directories, but it takes time. And I want blogs on my site with quality, but I believe that many quality blogs don't want to place a link on my site, I understand, no pagerank etc..

Can you give me some advice and I must excuse for my bad English, I'm from the Netherlands:)

Thanks in advanced

Djedda, Oct 6, 2007 IP
    syted likes this.
  2. biodev

biodev Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think you are doing anything wrong. You are searching, building, collecting .. and users can benefit from an organized quality index. Im nobody to give you advice, but I always defend to strongly believe in what you are doing and keep on reading what others have to say to have the widest information possible to take your own decisions. good luck!

biodev, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  3. MrS

MrS Member

Best Answers:
    Bro, please keep doing that you like, in this business all the results are coming after months-years of hard work, but they are really deserve it.
    Good Luck.

MrS, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  4. Djedda

Djedda Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your comment.
    Your're right, it takes patient and hard work.

Djedda, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  5. Obelia

Obelia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What you're doing is probably the right thing. Scraping is when a website automatically copies snippets of text from another website. So long as you are writing your own descriptions of these blogs, and not cutting-and-pasting from them, then everyone will be happy.

Obelia, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  6. syted

syted Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Your English is fine, and you are not scraping. :D Good luck with your site.

syted, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  7. Djedda

Djedda Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of the descriptions are from the blogs, I copied them from there 'about'. I think that is important, because they know best what there blog is about.

Djedda

Djedda, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  8. WatchOut

WatchOut Guest

Best Answers:
    But are you writing your own blog posts; or are you using copy, paste? Remember; Content is the king. I would tell you to give it a shot; with hard work and some patience you will be able to achieve your goal.

Regards,
    Meti

WatchOut, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  9. pwycctv

pwycctv Peon

Best Answers:
    Good luck with your site!

pwycctv, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  10. AoN

AoN Active Member

Best Answers:
    ermm dont think u are wrong anyway good luck bro :)

AoN, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  11. Djedda

Djedda Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks you all.
    Writing my own content? It's only a directory of blogs? I know what you mean, but a description of a blog is best from the owner himself? That's why I use 'about' much. Searching for good blogs cost me much time, I don't mind. At this time I still don't get any visitors:(, so I have the time.

Djedda, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  12. Obelia

Obelia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Actually you may piss some people off if you do it this way, but YMMV. It's always preferable to write your own descriptions, and the way the owner describes their blog is usually a little biased.

For instance, the owner may say "This is the best blog about green widgets you will ever read! It's been on the net since 2002, and is the most popular!"

You would need to rewrite that to something like "This blog, online since 2002, deals with green widgets, and explains their many uses and applications."

So you use the "About" page as a source, but add something of your own as well.

Obelia, Oct 8, 2007 IP