1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

To All Who Want to Quit And Run From Iraq.

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by suitsme, May 11, 2007.

1. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Now you are just being silly and paranoid, nobody hates you. I agree that most normal people dislike you for being a hateful person but that is all. :)

gworld, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  2. Crazy_Zap

Crazy_Zap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you for real? You sound like one of those conspiracy theory nutjobs.
    Some Americans thought it sucked so much to live down there that they decided to start a new life here.
    You make it sound like an X-Files episode.

Some Canadians are anti-American. Some are not.
    Some of us prefer ketchup on a hamburger. Some of us do not.

Are you actually trying to formulate some kind of point with this? :confused:

Who is this "they" you speak of? Are you referring to all 30 million of us?

Crazy_Zap, Oct 7, 2007 IP
    Colleen likes this.
  3. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Canadians are trying to get a free ride.

There wasn't any difference between the Vietnam War and the Korean War except that the Canadians decided that it would be a lot eaisier to let the Americans fight the cold war.

The 30,000 draft dodgers that fled to Canada brought a big-time leftist/liberal attitude hate america problem north of the border.

I see a lot of Canadians on the dp trying to defend muslim terrorism with the same leftist/liberal hate america attitude problem

bogart, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  4. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What free ride did we get? Who joined WWI and WWII first, Canada or USA?
    I suppose by now you know the answer since I asked you before, It was Canada.

How did we let American fight the cold war and what does it have to do with Korea and Vietnam? Your posts are so ridiculous that either you know nothing about history, except the BS that your read in neo-cons propaganda brochures or you are just totally delusional. :rolleyes: :)

gworld, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  5. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Canada != Free Ride.

We get much of our processed industrial goods from Canada, and they give us a nice buffer from Russia. I just disagree with their government style, and with our own. Less government, more economic freedom, more social freedom = win.

Jackuul, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  6. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Vietnam war, was a war fought to make the defense industry richer and more powerful. How do u think the roman empire grew, and yes it was a democracy also with a senate and a republic. Empires have been doing this for ages. Russia did it, we did it, britain did it, iran is doing this now in lebanon with their proxy empire( they tried to do it long ago as the persian empire, but got their butts kicked by the spartans yesssss), and germany did it. The common denominator all of these empires had in common was that they all controlled the masses in their own country through the state controlled media.

Once the globe comes together in peace and stops giving credence to the extremists( whether its liberals, conservatives, islamic fundamentalists , christian fundamentalists, or the military industrial comlex:elitists of all countries) , only then will we find true peace and the brotherhood of man.

pingpong123, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  7. Crazy_Zap

Crazy_Zap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We're not "trying" to do anything of the sort. We exist. Period. And we do quite well on our own, economically, politically, you name it.
    We just happen to be right next door to the US, but we would exist, whether we lived next door or not and whether we were allies or not.
    Some of you seem to forget that we are a sovereign country, who does quite well and has many allies, only one of which is the US.

Maybe we have different criteria for going to war in the first place. ;)
    Nothing wrong with that. I'll make you a deal.
    You don't tell me who to hate and I won't tell you who to hate. We'll each make up our own minds.

You act as if the Canadian government shouldn't have allowed them to stay here. These are your fellow citizens.
    I would think you would be partly grateful that we took them in and allowed them a new life here when they felt it was too dangerous to stay home.
    You're also discounting the possibility that some of us GAINED friendship and respect for Americans during that time but that's the trouble with people so far to the right. You can't see anything left of you as a good thing.

So... I guess that justifies painting every last one of them with the same brush, huh? :rolleyes:

Crazy_Zap, Oct 8, 2007 IP