1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

True Believer? Would you kill your child for God?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by GeorgeB., Sep 20, 2007.

1. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So stOx, if there is a God, Heaven, Hell, and the free gift of salvation would you inform your children about how to accept salvation so that they would avoid hell and spend eternity in heaven? Would you out of arrogance and pride reject the free gift of salvation for you and your children?

tbarr60, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  2. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    But! Only you could think this way because you don't understand God, right?

According to you? Or is that according to you hypothetically? This is only ever been about what YOU think. This entire discussion is about you. Get over yourself will you? You with your "Oh how righteous and upright is me in all my judgments and oh look at me for how I make my stand for what I think."

How tall is your pedestal you put yourself on? It seems everyone is beneath you except for scientists, professors etc...hmmm...let's put this in it's correct category....everyone that believes in evolution......right?? Please correct me if I am wrong here...

Cheap SEO Services, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  3. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Who said anything about them being denied "salvation"?

No i think this way because i'm not a monster capable of infanticide. :rolleyes:

yes according to me. But start a poll and see what others think about scum who are willing to murder children. I have a feeling not many will support what you say.

My pedestal may appear tall to you, But that is relative to the depth that you have sunk. You are looking up at it from a great depth in this hole you are in. I am about equal with most people, But certainly above people willing to murder children.

stOx, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  4. DevilHellz

DevilHellz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    After reading the comments here, i come to the conclusion that both tbarr60 and Cheap Seo Services are fully capable of murdering their child - which i personally find disgusting.
    I agree with stOx on this one.
    You guys are so full of this heaven and eternal happiness garbage that you'd be seriously think about murdering your own child if 'god' asked you to.
    Which brings us to the question - how the hell would you know that it is indeed your god that asked you to murder your child ? How would YOU know that it is indeed the 'creator's' words and not a very developed form of schizophrenia ?

We can actually come to the conclusion that if both of you will suddenly have schizophrenia, and hear voices in your head (and you BELIEVE them to be voices of god) that ask you to kill your child - you'd murder your child.

DevilHellz, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  5. DevilHellz

Best Answers:
    That was not the question that was asked.

God asked you to kill your child, without giving you a reason. He doesn't have to give you any explanation as to why he wants this and why he wants that, right ?
    So, you would murder your child if god asked you to, without knowing the reason behind his request.

What does salvation and avoiding hell and spending eternity in heaven have to do with anything here ?

DevilHellz, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  6. netuitive

netuitive Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi... I don't wanna fuel the fire, I just wanna ask some questions...

1. Do you believe in God?
    2. Do you believe that the Bible is based on historical facts?
    3. Do you believe that the human authors might have different writing styles?
    3. Do you believe that the Bible is God's compilation of guidelines/love letter/tell-all-book for us? or for you specifically?
    4. Do you believe that the bible can mean so many things to so many people?
    5. If you believe in God, do you believe that He is sovereign?
    6. Do you believe that your idea of God may differ from other people's views of Him?

... and cite some points.

According to the book you believe in, it already did happen.

Is it his interpretation of the book or yours? Do you believe that it really did happen?

If he believes that "it really did happen" and you also do, do you have the same take on why God "did ask someone to kill their child."?

Do you also have the same belief on what God is?

If you believe in God and deem Him sovereign, is it possible that He knew Abraham will follow Him and that He also knew that at the crucial moment when Abraham will be told to stop, He will obey? Is it possible that He was only testing Abraham not for Him to know Abraham's reaction (God is all-knowing), but for Abraham to know how strong his faith is and that he should just continue trusting God because at the time He's needed, he'll always be there to let what's right reign and to stop what should not be done?

So don't post this shit claiming that your god isn't capable of asking such brutal things of his drones.

If I base your reaction on this, do I take that you believe in God but there's that angst because He seems to be a God of conflicting attributes in your POV?

If not, why be so hostile? Somebody else's foundation of faith may be different from ours and it will be futile to attack somebody on the basis of HIS foundation of faith. Why would you do that? DO you know (as in know) the nuance of HIS faith up to the minutest detail that you can use YOUR OWN words to describe HIS God?

your [HIS] god isn't capable of asking such brutal things of his drones. [YOURS] [/I]

I am not saying you're wrong. I don't have any right to, I don't know where you're coming from. I do believe though that you believe you're right.

Shouldn't you think that it's the same case for these people?

There's such a thing as discussion of opposing views. No need to be so hostile.

Peace. :)

netuitive, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  7. netuitive

netuitive Peon

Best Answers:

Hi... I don't wanna fuel the fire, I just wanna ask some questions...

1. Do you believe in God?
    2. Do you believe that the Bible is based on historical facts?
    3. Do you believe that the human authors might have different writing styles?
    3. Do you believe that the Bible is God's compilation of guidelines/love letter/tell-all-book for us? or for you specifically?
    4. Do you believe that the bible can mean so many things to so many people?
    5. If you believe in God, do you believe that He is sovereign?
    6. Do you believe that your idea of God may differ from other people's views of Him?

... and cite some points.

According to the book you believe in, it already did happen.

Is it his interpretation of the book or yours? Do you believe that it really did happen?

If he believes that "it really did happen" and you also do, do you have the same take on why God "did ask someone to kill their child."?

Do you also have the same belief on what God is?

If you believe in God and deem Him sovereign, is it possible that He knew Abraham will follow Him and that He also knew that at the crucial moment when Abraham will be told to stop, He will obey? Is it possible that He was only testing Abraham not for Him to know Abraham's reaction (God is all-knowing), but for Abraham to know how strong his faith is and that he should just continue trusting God because at the time God is needed, He'll always be there to let what's right reign and to stop what should not be done?

So don't post this shit claiming that your god isn't capable of asking such brutal things of his drones.

If I base your reaction on this, do I take that you believe in God but there's that angst because He seems to be a God of conflicting attributes in your POV?

If not, why be so hostile? Somebody else's foundation of faith may be different from ours and it will be futile to attack somebody on the basis of HIS foundation of faith. Why would you do that? DO you know (as in know) the nuance of HIS faith up to the minutest detail that you can use YOUR OWN words to describe HIS God?

your [HIS] god isn't capable of asking such brutal things of his drones. [YOURS] [/I]

I am not saying you're wrong. I don't have any right to, I don't know where you're coming from. I do believe though that you believe you're right.

Shouldn't you think that it's the same case for these people?

There's such a thing as discussion of opposing views. Hostility may stop all of us from being enlightened.

Peace. :)

netuitive, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  8. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    Yep..I certainly know that...the same happened to Jesus.

So, you are saying you would rather be part of the masses? That's odd! Here's me thinking you were an extreme individual? Oh...and nice sidestepping the question AGAIN!!

You obviously did not read all of my comments. Specifically the ones in CAPITALS. Have a read.

And PLEASE do not put me in the same category as tbarr60. That would be a BIG mistake.

DOH!!! Point missed yet again...you guys read only what you want to read..

Cheap SEO Services, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  9. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, And look what happened to him. Truly pwnd.

I don't disassociate myself from the masses for the sake of it. Especially if that dissociation would require me to admit id kill a child.

If you can't converse like a grown-up could you please stay out of grown up threads, Thanks.

stOx, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  10. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Write like a grown up. What happened to him was exactly what was prophesied and as His father directed him. He was born of a virgin, was sacrificed for our transgressions and rose from the grave.

You are just following the masses in post Christian England.

I have a child that's already investigating universities. I am guessing you are about the age of my eldest child, right? I think I heard "owned" in reference to a sporting event at my offspring's high school.

tbarr60, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  11. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Quite a story. In fact, it's such a good story it's been used by all of the following prophets from other religions (most ironically were around long before the prophet you decided to believe in)
    · Adad of Assyria
    · Adonis, Apollo, Heracles ("Hercules") and Zeus of Greece
    · Alcides of Thebes
    · Attis of Phrygia
    · Baal of Phoenicia
    · Bali of Afghanistan
    · Beddru of Japan
    · Buddha of India
    · Crite of Chaldea
    · Deva Tat of Siam
    · Hesus of the Druids
    · Horus, Osiris, and Serapis of Egypt, whose long-haired, bearded appearance was adopted for the Christ character
    · Indra of Tibet/India
    · Jao of Nepal
    · Krishna of India
    · Mikado of the Sintoos
    · Mithra of Persia
    · Odin of the Scandinavians
    · Prometheus of Caucasus/Greece
    · Quetzalcoatl of Mexico
    · Salivahana of Bermuda
    · Tammuz of Syria (who was, in a typical mythmaking move, later turned into the disciple Thomas)
    · Thor of the Gauls
    · Universal Monarch of the Sibyls
    · Wittoba of the Bilingonese
    · Xamolxis of Thrace
    · Zarathustra/Zoroaster of Persia
    · Zoar of the Bonzes

So what is your reason for disbelieving in all of these people? I'd be interested to know, because it would give you an insight in to why i disbelieve in jesus.

Well i'd admit that most people in "post christian England" are incapable of killing their children. But by your logic you are following the people who don't eat dog faeces. That's how it works right? people who don't do something horrific are doing nothing other than "following" each other? Or is it more to do with common sense and rationality?

i don't know how old your eldest is, but if i was them i'd get as far away as possible. One never knows when the bloodthirsty god may come calling for a child sacrifice.

stOx, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  12. Crazy_Zap

Crazy_Zap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good Question, GeorgeB.

My answer: No F$CKING Way! ;)

Crazy_Zap, Oct 7, 2007 IP
    GRIM likes this.
  13. kasami2k4

kasami2k4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Would I go against one of the 10 commandments, and murder my child if God told me to...

Maybe if my kid was George Bush :l

kasami2k4, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  14. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    StOx,
    Thanks for the cut and paste but those were not prophets. Here's part of your cut and paste that you took the mythical gods term out and replaced it with prophets:
    You are free to reject to the true God, in fact no one can force you to believe. If you earnestly seek you will find.

So stOx, if you came along side the railroad tracks near your home near a switch and a train was coming at full speed and you noticed your mother tied to the tracks on the right switch of the track and collapsed bridge on the left side of the switch, would you divert the train to kill your mother or divert it to kill all the passengers of the train? Assume your grandmother is on the train. What's your answer to this hypothetical question?

tbarr60, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  15. gamer

gamer Peon

Best Answers:
    scary, very interesting thread in 21st century

gamer, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  16. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    No, I wouldn't kill my child, but I'd call police and tell them that a dangerous impostor claiming to be god is trying to get my child killed (If the 'God' is present there physically) or I'd go and see a psychiatrist(If it was 'voices in my head told me so' case).

The Webmaster, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  17. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They were prophets and gods from other religions. Most had the same story as jesus and were around a long time before he was. It's a common story.

Of course they were mythical, they are all mythical, Yours is mythical.

I would divert the train. Logic tells me that if a train were to run over my mother it would definitely kill her, But it also tells me that not everybody on the train is going to die in a train crash, So chance tells me my grandmother has a higher chance of living than my mother would if the train ran over her.

Fairly simple to answer. Of course, This is an entirely different situation to the one you were presented with. In the hypothetical you gave we had limited choices where all options include doing something bad to a family member. In your situation you were asked one simple question with no strings attached.

Your question was contrived, Which demonstrates your lack of honesty and integrity.

Of course, Now you will ask an even more contrived question or add extra parameters to your original question with the intention painting me in to a corner.

You really aren't very good at this, are you.

stOx, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  18. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You are believing myths about Jesus, not truth.

You are not good at this as you assume a train going off the bridge won't be disaster. Assume that on on side your mum dies and on the other side all passengers on the train die. Assume you are old enough to have a child and they are on the train. Who are you going to kill your mum or your child?

tbarr60, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  19. DevilHellz

Best Answers:
    tbarr60, if you are trying to show something here, you are failing at it.
    You were asked a simple question which basically was:

Would you kill your child if God told you to ?

This question has nothing beyond it. There is no death penalty to the whole world population if you do not kill your child.
    Your question has nothing to do with the argument, as the situation is totally different, and cannot be used as a comparison.

So, again, you admitted that you will murder your child if god told you to.
    Good to know.

DevilHellz, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  20. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The truth is it's amyth. How else would explain all these other prophets and gods having the same story as jesus, Some of which were created thousands of years before the story of jesus. Explain it. Coincidence?

Of course a train going off a bridge will be disaster. But there is still more chance of surviving it than if one to be run over by a train. it's common sense.

I see you have gone with the "add more parameters to your original hypothetical situation to make it even more contrived" option. You are a joke. Honesty and integrity have completely left you now. You goal is to get me to say I'd kill one of my family when the only options provided are ones where one of my family dies, It's obvious and dishonest.

By the way, Look up what contrived means.

stOx, Oct 8, 2007 IP