1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Would you say this is a good or bad idea?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by WebTalkVB, Sep 8, 2007.

?

Good, Bad or Unsure?

1. Good Idea

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  2. Bad Idea

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  3. Unsure

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. KNEB

KNEB Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of us usually alwas tries to get traffic but I suggest you all that once a good content and Metaphors you will automatically get traffic

KNEB, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  2. WebTalkVB

WebTalkVB Peon

Best Answers:
    It will be for a limited time only, this isn't going to be a permanent marketing strategy, although I am going to reward the users with something and maybe use a system like NamePros where the users gain NP$ and they can exchange these for money or domains, etc. But the articles idea may come in handy for the blog too. TomC gave me the idea to open a blog as well so that attracts users also.

That's what I'm hoping. I can't bribe users forever...joking :p .

WebTalkVB, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  3. flash902007

flash902007 Banned

Best Answers:
    unfortunately the market is too saturated with webmaster forums in my opinion. if you were to offer incentives like you mentioned, i fear that you will get people leaving posts like "lol" "i agree" "no that sounds crap" rather than people leaving posts which are interesting and what will keep people coming to your site.

my advice would be ditch the idea of a webmaster forum, but instead think of a market for another type of forum for a subject where the market isnt as saturated which will then make it easier for that forum to be a success.

In either instance, good luck with it.

flash902007, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  4. MTheory

MTheory Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree completely. Don't spend your valuable time trying to reinvent the wheel. Start something new and interesting.

MTheory, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  5. BrianJump

BrianJump Active Member

Best Answers:
    bad idea. U will get cheap posters with bad quality posts, since your incentive is for low paying results.
    Better idea- market your site thru related forums with good article links to your site, and web dev tools that are powerful and unique...etc.
    Spend the money you were going to use originally on longtail 3-4 word web dev related phrases.

BrianJump, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  6. kuszeras

kuszeras Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well 150 posts is quite a lot and I think that it would encourage people to post just to have more posts. You could get a lot of problem with people just saying "it's great", "thanks" and things like that to hit 150 posts mark and get free .com.

I think you should think of other way of promoting this forum that would go viral. Still it will be very hard to beat DP :p.

Maybe better idea would be to make contest or elections (by other members) to decide who is the most helpful poster here and give him a .com and money.

kuszeras, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  7. chriswick

chriswick Peon

Best Answers:
    You will need alot of mods or people will just start SPAM posting to make up those post numbers up, I know it's sad but people really will just for a $10 of a domain.

How are you going to make money out of people posting? I can see your funds running out very quicky LOL!

chriswick, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  8. davidja

davidja Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

hi

it is better to have people coming over for free , on their own free will , then paying

cheers
    david

davidja, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  9. Computerized

Computerized Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most of the posts would probably be spam or really short and uninformative. I don't think many people would want to go to a webmaster forum with no relevent info.

There's also a lot of other webmaster forums out there already, so you'll have a lot of competition.

My opinion: Bad idea.

Computerized, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  10. WebTalkVB

WebTalkVB Peon

Best Answers:
    You don't get nothing for free, not unless you have something new and authentic/original. I would like people to know they are getting something out of my forum for helping the community grow. It isn't going to be a permanent promotion tool.

Yeah, like I said there will be rules to what posts will count for the promotion.

WebTalkVB, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  11. trafficmaster_arv_qsmacs

trafficmaster_arv_qsmacs Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it is a good idea.

This could be beneficial to everyone. Just give all the best you can give/offer. More success to your endeavor!!!